It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IF u.s. went to war with china...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
How long would it take us to run out of conventional bombs and missiles?

W
ho would be our allies in the war?

Who would be china's allies?

How long would it take for u.s. and allies to replenish its supply of bullets. bombs. and misilles etc.

How long would it take china and its allies to replenish? how long would it take for its ammunition to run low?

This is a conventional war no nukes

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The U.S. is so well-defended that the prospect of running out of weapons and ammunition is very unlikely.

I doubt America will have many allies, except for Taiwan. China is much to powerful and doesn't bother anybody except the U.S.

China, at the most, will have Russia and North Korea, but it doesn't need allies. At the least, it'll have North Korea (if NK seizes the opportunity).

The U.S. can easily replenish it's resources. The real question is, how quickly can the material get to the war zone? It'd be pretty fast, but in a war situation, the replenishment rate needs to be high.

China can pretty much hold it's own logistically. And it can always gain weapons from bordering nations.

Personally, I think a war between the U.S. and China will never happen. Too much at stake.

[edit on 27-7-2004 by sweatmonicaIdo]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Oh heres another good question: if the u.s. lost one or more carrier groups what would our response be and how fast will we be to replace the carrier, train sailors and and make more planes?

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I don't agree, I think it is very high that we would go to war with china. Na, i doubt if we would have many allies. I personally believe russia would pair up with china.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
True russia and china are in bed with each other , didnt they sign a pact secretly to go to war with the u.s. or somthing?

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Blacman you are badly misinformed they signed a pact to sell weapons to one another not to g to war. Plus im not going to comment on this thread cuz its going to become another my penis is bigger than your thread I think it should be moved to BTS.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
If the US went to war with China, all of China would be a big, smoking, radioactive hole and half of the US would be a big, smoking radioactive hole. I suggest that we don't go to war with China. They're slowly becoming more democratic and more capitalistic, so I don't see why we need the tension between our two countries.

In other words, we should stop with the dick waving.

D

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
If the US went to war with China, all of China would be a big, smoking, radioactive hole and half of the US would be a big, smoking radioactive hole. I suggest that we don't go to war with China. They're slowly becoming more democratic and more capitalistic, so I don't see why we need the tension between our two countries.

In other words, we should stop with the dick waving.

I reckon, enough of the pissing and dick measuring. The topic's already been done to death in ATS. Do a search on it, there's a 20 page thread on it somewhere. I know it's an interesting scenario, but do a search next time before you start another thread on it.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by blacman2k6
How long would it take us to run out of conventional bombs and missiles?

W
ho would be our allies in the war?

Who would be china's allies?

How long would it take for u.s. and allies to replenish its supply of bullets. bombs. and misilles etc.

How long would it take china and its allies to replenish? how long would it take for its ammunition to run low?

This is a conventional war no nukes

our allies would be Russia and Japan

china might call upon north korea

not very long

not very long

anc if this became a nuclear war china would start it. they would us them out of desperation.

top topics

join