It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a real cure for hickups!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
this is not a joke, but a real life solution that worked for me thrice!

i had severe hicups on a camping trip and i was told that a tablespoon of musturd cured hiccups, well i took a mouthful. IT WORKED!!! PRAISE JESUS!!! IT WORKED!!! no bs it worked, more than once,

well this has honestly worked for me several times. the age old dilema has a cure. it worked for me but everyone is different.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
What I'm about to say really does work but has to be done right. You've heard the old "hold your breath" which is half true. Suck in as much breath as you can and then hold it, BUT then swallow down that breath that you just took in and try and hold it for as long as you can. It's hard initially but it really does work, at least for me...

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Too bad I hate mustard.

I just use the old hold your breathe tactic to cure hiccups. Though I heard that eating peanut butter can stop them too.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Here's my cure.

Initially you ask someone to bet you $100 that you can not hickup again. Reasure them that they don't really have to pay but its to fool your hickups. Now have the mentality that your about to win $100 if you just did another hickup. So what happens is now you start controlling your breathing in a different way, trying to bring on a hickup, but you are actually correcting the malfunction.

Eventually you don't need to ask someone to bet you $100, and you can just do it naturally.

It works, truly.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
My parents always used to give me a spoonful of sugar and it worked EVERY time. Tastes good too...

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Though I heard that eating peanut butter can stop them too.

That's my cure, a spoonfull of peanut butter...sometimes two, and they're gone.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
my parents used to give me a tablespoon of pickle juice or relish... it always worked... however i hate pickles/relish so it wasn't the best way for them to go...
-Josh

[Edited on 2-8-2004 by Chupacabra??]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
A man walked into a bar and asked the bartender, "Could I have a glass of water please?"

The bartender instead reached below the counter, grabbed a pistol, pointed it at the man's head and said "BANG!"

The man said "Thank you" and left.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
tilting my head sidesways while taking a sip of water, works for me everytime, however be careful or you'll end up with a wet shirt.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
wow lots of old "snake oil" fixes here.

i found a cure and it works. the diaphram is out of wack and your body is trying to "fix" this, hence the hiccup. i have a person lie down and hold their breath and i press down with my hand (balled up in a fist) right below their rib cage/sternum. this works the first time 95% of the time. i never had to do it a third time though!

nothing nasty or sweet to take. only takes a few seconds.

its also the only surefire method i've found that works consistently. drinking water and swallowing stuff is a mechanism that can usually correct the problem but not very effective IMO as ive tried a lot of different things prior to using the above technique and none of it was very reliable.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I would (hic) like to say (hic) that after all these solutions, I have yet to find a cure to end these things. I read a website that put a "mind over body" response to it, and how to concentrate (which didn't) work. (hic)

(up)

This is annoying.

top topics

join