It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Harper seeks majority to dissolve Canada in favor of North American Union

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

If you do that we'll just make the russians join us. Now what?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
But my Whole point is.. WHY was it kept under wraps? Why isn't it covered much by mainstream media? Why hasn't either governments given the straight-up to even their OWN governments?
edit on 21-4-2011 by Invariance because: lol, replied rather than previewed...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

better cheaper vodka and a much larger bnetter controled nuclear arsenal... sweet

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Hah. I remember seeing ATS a good few years back.

The front page's topics list was full of topics about this very thing and the 'Amero' currency that was to be implemented.

Back then people thought it wouldn't happen...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

Not at all and how funny because both my mothers parents were Canadian as well and I have dual citizenship.
I love Canada and my Canadian bretheren, and I also love the US. We are a like minded people, so are the Mexican people. I'm not saying this issue should be forced by any means, and even if this did happen Canada would still remain sovereign as a state. That's the difference here between annexation and a union. Unlike the European union, in which the EU is sovereign to the countries involved, the states remain sovereign to the federal government.

I do not want to 'take' Canada as state, i want it to join the US of its own free will, and I think it will if the global economic crisis worsens. The US, Canada and Mexico WILL NOT survive a global financial meltdown if it does not pool its resources together to create a new super economy. And don't forget, BRICS is working its damndest to destroy the US dollar, which would destroy the canadian dollar and the mexican peso. We need each other to survive a meltdown of that magnitude.

Again I DO NOT want Canadian politicians to force you into a union or even annexation, I can only hope the Canadian people will eventually want to become part of the nation of states as I believe it will do nothing but benefit the both of us. But I completely understand where you are coming from.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic

If you do that we'll just make the russians join us. Now what?

Drink lots of vodka comes to mind.

I like Russia

Others I believe that should be under one banner:
UK (and ireland)
France
Germany
Italy
Denmark
etc...basically the "west" should all be united.

Why do I think this? push ideals of american culture into the rest? nope...opposite
perhaps the rest can influence the american way of doing things to be a bit more responsible and cautious.

The expression "united we stand" comes to mind...so, lets unite and help each other stand for something bigger and greater...and understand there will be growing pains along the way, but do it anyhow.

meh, my idealism is overtaking my realistic understanding of the world...it won't happen anytime soon, but its nice to dream.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

cause it's how they roll... nothing is done in the open anymore
just the way it is... not saying it's right... just easier to get things done...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
It seems like a great idea to me but you can just quit it with the "The US is the number 1 terrorist nation in the world" crap because it is just that-CRAP. Now, I do say that The Canadians DO have a right to vote FOR or AGAINST that, and the majority should rule. Let The Canadian people decide what they want.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Dear Canada:

Come join us
We have dorito shelled tacos here

think about it

Your BFF

USA

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I will trade you some bannock and moose meat for these mystical shells you speak of

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Union of US, CANADA, England, Ireland, Australia, Japan, Mexico, .....

is possible in Bible prophecy but only 3 of them must be power nations

(horns) ,Daniel 7:8.

All to be ruled by the beast (Antichrist).

So, he must be already in position of authority.

WHO IS HE?

p.s., For the correct answer, you will get a chance to live in the highest
alternative universe (heaven).

Love, puppet.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Insipid2000

I will trade you some bannock and moose meat for these mystical shells you speak of

moose meat?

moo....wtf

get the hell outta here with that, we accept Amero's only!

damn northern hicks with their moose...meese...what is many moose anyhow

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by puppet00x

So, he must be already in position of authority.

WHO IS HE?

p.s., For the correct answer, you will get a chance to live in the highest
alternative universe (heaven).

its Tom Cruise, isn't it

dammit! To think, I paid to see his movies

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
THE TERM FOR MANY MOOSE IS.... MOOSE

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by XRaDiiX
I have one thing to say about this. A quote from George Orwell who wrote the book NEW WORLD ORDER.

edit on 20-4-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

For the record George Orwell never wrote a book called New World Order.

To the OP thanks for the thread. I'd never even heard of the North American Union before. If this is true and Obama is actually pushing for this it's astonishing. Hard to imagine this ever actually happening.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
But in all seriousness i highly doubt this election will end with a majority government. Which is awesome because i love the whole concept of an annual election

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I'd say this is highly unlikely. Like incredibly so. I live in Canada, and probably in one of the more 'American' feeling towns you might find. So understand that point when I say these things.

1) Canadians are fiercely protective of the Canadian identity. To the point that I call it flat out arrogance. If Harper were to try that, I'd bet you Parliament would be burned to the ground before the session was out.

2) If this were true and as easily find able as the article states, I can assure you that it would be plastered all over our airwaves right now. We are just entering a election cycle now which has been forced by the other parties doing a vote of non-confidence. If this thing were true, one whiff of it to the public in a provable manner would end what hopes Harper would have at winning the election.

3) With the election point in mind, I point to the timing of this release is suspect. The G20 summit where this was supposed to have happened was some time ago now. Yes we still rage on about it, and with good reason, but if this were as true as the sight claims it is, I'd suspect we would have been moving into a election much sooner then now as this story would have destroyed the legitimacy of our current government.

4) Check the site out in depth. Seriously. Click the home button, skim the headlines and tell me if this is a site that would want the conservative party to win. Also, answer if they could be considered a fair and balanced media outlet. While there points may be valid, this is something to keep in mind.

5) With points 3 and 4 in mind, I will mention that our main news source here in Canada is CBC. They are no fan of conservative ideals or parties. They would be all over this like a dog on a bone if they thought it could stand on it's own. Consequences be damned.

Now, make no assumptions about where stand on the issue. the first thing I am is a people watcher, and these are my points to bring to the table, take them as you will.

edit on 21-4-2011 by Vaykun because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by puppet00x

ooh ooh I know this one... George Soros, Barry and the Pope are pooling their DNA for a hybrid genetically engineered super being capable of transmutation... They call him little us... I hear he'll even has horns so there will be no confusing who he is...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

I agree. On the vodka bottle it could read: "The finest from the euro-russian union. Drink cold and proud."

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Well, I digress, but I'm left to wonder.. in the end, if sovereignty remains intact, who will the countries answer to?

Kind of a nice bail-out package for the failing American dollar.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join