It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Harper seeks majority to dissolve Canada in favor of North American Union

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Invariance
Myself and at least 47 people I know in this area are voting Green this year. Might lose but meh, they're the only ones that make sense to me ... JUST my humble opinion ...

I respect that opinion...I just don't share it. Most important thing...get out and vote. A star for your interest, though.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Absolutely, I do hope we finally have an Epic voter turn-out.. I honestly support my teen (voting for the first time) to read all she can and pick the ones she thinks will do best, and at her high-school they've been discussing the importance of just making it to the poles. People have to realize that every vote does matter, and we can make a difference... even if it's just in small ways

And those who don't vote don't have a right to complain about the government afterwards. At least if 'our guy' doesn't get it, we can honestly say we didn't vote for him! LOL

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

I feel like I want to vote green party too, but my logical side isn't comfortable making decisions without being properly informed. (Hmmm that just turned a light on in my head lol)... I should probably just go with my gut(intuition) feeling.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

How can steven harper even run for office, considering he
got the no-confidence vote in parliament ? ? He should
step aside and let the tories choose a new leader. No-confidence
means No-confedence, he should take a hint.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I respect your choice, but in my opinion, voting for green party means to give more chances to Conservatives to win the majority. If we want to stop conservatives from getting the power they want so bad, we should support either liberal or NDP. They have a chance to get the majority of votes. I personally can not support Liberals because Ignatief openly supported our participation in wars. Besides Liberals, together with Conservatives, "killed" NDP's GMO (genetically modified organisms) bill . Banning GMO is extremely important for our health. Most people unfortunately do not realise it. GMO+Monsanto seeds+Aspartam+flouride in our water and toothpaste= Cancer+weak immune system+brain damage+ obesity+ etc. etc. etc. GMO and Monsanto are banned in many european countires because people there woke up and faught for their life and future of their children. Here in Canada and USA most people are still sleeping.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I'd like to see Elizabeth May (green p.) cross the floor to the
NDP. It would be a win-win. And she could possibly even get a seat,
and still get to voice her concerns in parliament.

edit on 23/4/11 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I am voting green party. I am passing the word to everyone I can. I am sick of all the regulars I never did trust Layton, Ignatieff is a pole turle and I wouldn't vote conservative with a gun at my head. I have too long seen the path of destruction done by tories and will never vote them in. After Cretienne I will never vote Liberal again and Layton makes my skin crawl. If everybody votes Green, everyone who is sick of the polictical bs that goes on in this country, everyone who really wants a change of venue, if they then vote Green I think we'd see a huge difference. It is the attitude that "oh well if you vote for the little guy you're wasting your vote" it's the attitude of "you don't seriously believe they'd ever get in do you?" these are defeatist attitudes that threaten our country because defeatist attitudes bring nothing but defeat.

Green Party is the only one with a plan and a realistic idea that tries to balance economy with ecology the needs of the people vs the golden handshake in and out of office.

That being said, the NAU is real. It IS happening and all the laughter and ridicule people can give to the idea won't make it any less of a reality. C-36 is only the beginning. There are a lot more insidious laws that have been passed that the average Canadian hasn't got a clue about. For example on the SUSPICION that you might have a contagion in a pandemic you can be tken away from home or office or off the streets and taken to an undisclosed place, for an undisclosed period of time and no one in your family needs to be notified. I think that is C-50 (check 51or 52 I haven't looked it up in a while). You may or may not have a contagion but on the suspicion that you have come in contact with it you can be removed in the intereset of public safety.

There are FEMA like camps going up all over Alberta and "war games" being played by the local CFB. Don't kid yourself they are preparing for something big. Marshal law perhaps? Why? Canadians are fairly low key and docile as a rule. But you know as an off topic note that I believe may tie in do you know those rail cars that have the little windows and shackles that people like Alex Jones are forever ranting about? Saw them a few weeks back at night being moved and it went on it seemed forever. I see train cars all the time, they are always multicoloured and often riddled with graffiti, they come in different shapes and sizes I have seen all manner of freight being hauled including vehicles like cars and whatnot but I've never seen anything like that before. They were all the same size all the same colour a silver grey and they went on longer than I have ever seen any train go on for and I used to work around them at one time.

So NAU/NWO yeah I believe it. I will do what I can to fight it and that includes voting Green party. For those of you who don't want Green Party whether you are in Canada or the US ( your elections are running nearly due aren't they?) Here's a little vid I thought might help you put your available leaders into perspective. it is aimed at the US but Canada, we are not exempt!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychNurse

Yes so we had almost no debt about 4-5 years ago and now were 500 billion in debt Real Conservative eh?

Just saying ( Put that in your pipe of Conservative and smoke it...Literally)

Its all part of the plan just like the world wars Plunge countries into debt, So they can be enslaved by the debt. Who's the one collecting all this debt the Bankers its time to fix the system.

Note: I have no personal debt whatsoever and never have had personal debt because i spend within my needs.
edit on 23-4-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
You should listen to IPAC sometime. We listen to it, it's boring parliamentary debates but once you get past the boring you get to some really scary sh*t behind the scenes. This is our government. The level of corruption is staggering.

I myself have very little personal debt we also spend within our means. My credit card is hardly ever used except in emergencies and the like. I still shudder at the laws Harper has passed, has allowed to pass, and has kept very damn quiet about.

I am going Green I can't get rid of Harper and his lackies quick enough.
edit on 23-4-2011 by Mecca because: I'm just getting old

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I have no idea why we even think we have a choice. We will be annexed regardless what we want.
Like someone said at the beginning of this thread :
- most big businesses are owned by American corporations
- we have Walmart
- lately there is a big push by a lot of big box stores from the States to open here to go after our market,and most everyone i know goes gaga over the possibility of having all this stuff here.
- our dollar is higher, so we go on shopping frenzies in the States

We like to think we can say something about this,but at the end of the day the reali is that our health system is broken ( on purpose ) and the push is towards the American system.

And i truly,really wish i am wrong about all of the above.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Thank you ATS for the information on Stephen Harper.
His agenda is practically unknown to most Canandians.
I will vote on May 2, 2011, and it will be for the Liberal Party (although the NDP has appeal, as well).
I live in the center of Conservative power, and my vote will be over-whelmed by the sheep of Alberta, but I will vote anyway. I am 60 years old and I have never missed an opportunity to exercise my franchise. People in Alberta would elect Charles Manson if he ran for the Progressive Conservative Party.
Canada's only chance is a minority government. Minority govenments force politicians to co-operate, negotiate, compromise and actually work with each other.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
reply to post by Nicolas Flamel

Small percentage? Were the ones with all the money, we should have more of a say, all we do is keep the rest of Canada from going belly up. We send more money to Ontario and Quebec than we keep for ourselves.

We did not sell out, we are the only ones making money at this point, it's not our fault US wants the oil.

Pfft, we sold out? Where did you get your oil from that you use everyday?

Pred...

Umm, no not really. Alberta comes in third in Gross domestic product, after Ontario and Quebec. Ontario generates twice as much money, as you say, than Alberta does. Here's the list:

Source: www.zurich-base-line.com...

Ontario uses nuclear, coal and water for more than half it's energy needs and imports oil from the middle east. So Alberta leaving Canada makes no difference to me personally.

But this is typical of the Conservative party and it's supporters, they just make stuff up and ignore facts. Then they get arrogant and nasty when someone asks for said facts. That's why they were found in contempt of parliament and we get an expensive election.
edit on 24-4-2011 by Nicolas Flamel because: in case reading a list is hard

edit on 24/4/11 by masqua because: Added scroll bars to pic

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Found an interesting article today on The Star . com titled

An ailing Ireland's lessons for Canada

It's about the emergence of the "Celtic Tiger" status due to it's strong economic growth. But then the bubbles burst and it wound up more destitute than before.

So parlous are the nation's finances that one credit-rating agency places Ireland in the Third World company of Venezuela and Iraq as nations most likely to default on sovereign debt.

Yet this is not the point of the article. It's a startling warning to Canada about entertaining the Union idea...

Ireland has lost a significant measure of sovereignty. Dating from a $89 billion bailout of Eire in November, jointly by the European Union and the International Monetary Fund, Dublin has required the approval of the EU and the IMF for everything from a planned $9.6 billion job stimulus program to feeding the black hole of Irish banking losses.

The article goes on, drawing a startling parallel to Ireland's demise and our own current issues.

A new coalition government has just unveiled the toughest austerity measures in Irish history. The harsh measures include steep hikes in personal tax rates and deep cuts in government services. Dublin also has begun a fire sale of state assets, including power and water utilities, tracts of forest, ports and telecom networks.

This sounds familiar.

The article goes on to point out that looking back indeed, "Ireland was no Celtic Tiger" at all, it looks like it was a scam people fell for .

..speculating on Irish property — buying and selling Ireland itself, over and over, at steadily rising prices in the expectation that prices would keep rising forever.

When everything fell apart, people panicked and they wound up having to go to the EU for bailout. Now they have to ask the EU and the International Monetary Fund for permission regarding their policies regarding economics. This is how they've lost a 'significant measure of sovereignty'.

When a country gets into deep trouble, they expect that like all things, it should pass.. but this is what happens when it doesn't. Just a little lesson to remember than when the going gets tough, we should think twice about asking for outside help.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I can see the Liberals and Greens mouths drooling from this . It all sounds like prop to me. Doesn't anyone remember that Canada is still under the Queen? We would still have to get past all that red tape to get into cahoots with the States, and God knows that no Canadian would stand for that joining regardless, as there would be a massive uprising against Americana.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicolas Flamel

I will start by stating that I don't agree with predator0187's assement.

You are both right!

In absolute terms, both Ontario and Quebec generate more money.

In per capita terms, Alberta outstrips both by a heavy margin. (Ironically, if we go by that standard Alberta is #2).

Would Canada as a whole be effect if Alberta seperated? Absolutely, 100%, undeniable, etc...

What many of my fellow Albertan's forget: Would Alberta be effected by leaving Canada? Absolutely, 100%, undeniably...etc.

Alberta can no more seperate and make profits, than Canada could lose Alberta nd not feel it financially. We are intrinsically tied at thise point.

To me, seperation shouldn't even be a word on the table. We are facing a country wide issue, that will require a country wide solution. (This applies to Quebec just as much as Alberta btw.)

PS: The partisan fighting along economic situations is one of the divisive factors that our government LOVES. It not only gives all parties a boogie man to scapegoat, it allows them to use partisan tactics to further their own ends with none of use the wiser. Not on this particular issue as the PM doesn't have the power to sign away what is claimed in the article, but in many, many other issues...

Edit to add:

If you wish to see how much Alberta does influence ROC financially, use a chart that has not only gdp, but gdp/capita, and gdp/debt. It will give you a much clearer picture as to who funds what and where...although, for a complete picture you will need to do a province by province + federal breakdown of finances...it's not a pretty picture.
edit on 25-4-2011 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetstuff
I for one will not be voting for Harper! As a canadian, I kind of enjoy having national health care where if my child has an accident I don't wonder should I go to emerg, will my insurance cover this? I have absolutely no desire to become an American, no offense intended to my american cousins.

No offense? Hell, I want the U.S. to join Canada! Not the other way around.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by IronArm

Please see my post on Page 12 of this thread

The North American Union agreement was signed in Feb. 2011

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Please forward your information and sources that show where the Prime Minister of Canada even has the legal authority to sign such document.

Iron is correct in that there is only 1 person inside Canada, the Governor General, (and 1 outside, the Queen of Canada) that do infact HAVE that authority.

Neither were present at this meeting.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by IronArm

Hey, I would prefer that Canada stay a sovereign nation. I'm sure most Americans agree too.

If you want to rise up, rise up against the Crown and your own politicians. Leave Americans out of it.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by peck420

Please forward your information and sources that show where the Prime Minister of Canada even has the legal authority to sign such document.

Iron is correct in that there is only 1 person inside Canada, the Governor General, (and 1 outside, the Queen of Canada) that do infact HAVE that authority.

Neither were present at this meeting.

I don't see how I should have to prove the workings of the Canadian government to you or anyone else here, that's not my job seeing as how the press release is posted on Harper's Prime Ministerial website for example, among other websites. That fact alone should make you think. I posted the gist of the articles, it's up to you to read them in their entirety and educate yourself. This isn't school, it's life. I've presented my case already. Be it with the Queen's permission or not, this document was signed in Feb. of 2011 This is a fact, not speculation
I did get applause from 2 different mods for this post on this thread.. I think I've already proven my point, but just to reiterate for those too lazy to go back and read the thread, here's a snip:

Originally posted by Invariance
The World News Daily reported on February 08, 2011
In a ceremony designed to remain below the radar of national public opinion,Obama and Harper bypassed Congress to sign on the basis of their executive authority a declaration that put in place a new national security vision defined not by U.S. national borders, but by a continental view of a "North American perimeter." ..."To preserve and extend the benefits … our close relationship has helped bring to Americans and Canadians alike, we intend to pursue a perimeter approach to security, working together within, at, and away from the borders of our two countries to enhance our security and accelerate the legitimate flow of people, goods, and services between our two countries," the declaration announced in the preamble.

Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America is a Canadian government website. However, you can go there for yourself and try.. I tried to access the archived document and got

HTTP Error 404 Not Found The Web server cannot find the file or script you asked for. Please check the URL to ensure that the path is correct. Please contact the server's administrator if this problem persists.

The Star . com headlined

Canada kept U.S. border talks under wraps: document

on Tue Feb 08 2011

The federal government deliberately kept negotiations on a border deal with Washington secret while it planned ways to massage public opinion in favour of the pact, according to a confidential communications strategy. ... It also says Canadians may be too sanguine about security to see the need for the deal. “The Canadian public may underestimate the security threat to Canada.” ... Advocacy and civil rights groups such as the Council of Canadians, led by Maude Barlow, were also expected to react negatively because of “privacy concerns.”

Now onward to The Whitehouse

We intend to pursue creative and effective solutions to manage the flow of traffic between the United States and Canada. ... We intend to build on existing bilateral law enforcement programs to develop the next generation of integrated cross-border law enforcement operations that leverage cross-designated officers and resources to jointly identify, assess, and interdict persons and organizations involved in transnational crime.

The Prime Minister's website ironically says the same thing practically word for word as the Whitehouse press release, for what is posted... but the Whitehouse post is lengthier than the Prime Minister's.

The 14-page public relations document recommended that talks keep a “low public profile” in the months leading up to the announcement by Prime Minister Stephen Harper and U.S. President Barack Obama. At the same time, the government would secretly engage “stakeholders” — interested parties such as big business groups and others — in a way that respected “the confidentiality of the announcement.” -thestar.com

You can download the PDF of the 14 page public relations document at the star . com (see the above link)

And before you repost... read.. then you tell me how he has the power to do this? Beats me... but it's a FACT nonetheless!

~Apologies for the news and website quotes not being in "quotes" however the text wasn't showing up in the preview pane, so I had to delete them~

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join