It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am here to tell all of you how wrong you are and how much of an expert I am on absolutely everythi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
... Yeah I'm joking. You could tell that huh? So I'm not really a conspiracy person, or at least I don't live in a trailer in the woods and drink my own urine because the fluoride contamination in everything else. I stopped by here, poked around a bit, and made an account for two reasons:

1. I have questions about the "standard line" fed everyone in school about pretty much everything, I have serious doubts about the forthrightness of our esteemed political class, and I also think it's weird that humans have been around 100,000 years but only in the past 7,000 years have we decided to civilize ourselves. And I want to talk about it (still recovering from group therapy addiction...). I just can't where I come from because... well, everybody is too smart to believe They're telling the truth... and everybody is also too smart to entertain the possibility that something else might be true instead. Go figure.

2. It looks like ATS encourages this kind of inquisition, but also drowns people for brainlessly adopting every ridiculous video some schmuck sticks on Youtube as gospel. Which is good because I'm tempted to believe in everything from the Anunnaki and Nibiru to Atlantis and Obakhenaten, just to make the dullness and migraine-inducing boredom of what they tell us is true go away.

Oh, and I often refer to the proverbial "They." It's a character flaw.

So yeah. Hi!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by vexati0n

Hi and welcome to ATS.

I hope you'll feel right at home here.

Too often the accepted norms that we are expected to accept by the media and commercial interests don't come half as far and as interesting as the facts.

ATS is like a social network with less drivel and routine than Facebook or Twitter.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

So I'm not really a conspiracy person, or at least I don't live in a trailer in the woods and drink my own urine because the fluoride contamination in everything else.

...I live in a trailer that's back in the woods, far away from society... But I don't drink my own urine... I have a drilled well...

I was born here, My children will be born here, and I will die here... Life here isnt about conspiracy theories, its about living off the land and having something that is your own, a place you can escape to, a place of peace...

Anyways, WELCOME to ATS!!!!! We're glad to have you!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Hi vexati0n, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Don't get too caught up in conspiracy. It will fry your mind. Maybe 1% + is true.

You are not an expert on everything. Trust me, I've known many military folks whom can outlive the regular civilian. Don't get caught up in the "I am an invincible type". It will be your down fall. I'm a weapons expert (military) and I know I do not have the power of the state or federal gov't. has. A pea shooter will do you no good.

Organize a community or you will fall on your lap in a bloody heap.

Edited to add: I have no intention to be against our ruling class. I will follow as ordered and will comply without question.

edit on 21-4-2011 by brilab45 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Be skeptical at all times, and welcome to ats. This place will open your eyes. It opened mine!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

Yeah that's why I said I was joking. The only thing I know for certain is that I know nothing. I hope there are a few people around here who know more, but I guess what I'm really looking for is where to find reliable information about what I'm interested in, and hopefully avoid getting some idea about What's Really Going On stuck in my head and then just looking for evidence to support that, instead of finding the evidence first and forming the conclusion last.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Avoid commonplace conspiracy. It will eat at you. There is nothing to fear. American's have enough fire power to protect themselves.

We are only out done by nuclear weapons, otherwise, most folks can protect themselves.

Look at the statistics of gun ownership in America. No other country or infiltrator will conquer us. Period!

The American people are far more stronger than you think.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
we have been around for longer than 100,000 years, and have had great civilizations in the past (atlantis for one)

if you look at how fast nature covers up man's created things, it's really not a mystery. If we all died tomorrow, everything we made...everything...would be completely gone in a few thousand years. so, if another group of intelligent beings came along, they would probably think they were the first smart one's

yes, the schools have been lying to everyone about what really happened in the past

see you later

have fun, and welcome
edit on 21-4-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
DAMN! I clicked on this thread hoping you actually DID know everything. Now I'm disappointed. But not in you. You're in the right place. Welcome....

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
The greatest fear of Americans is Americans. The greatest threat to humanity is humanity. In most modern countries the third largest killer is their own health system!

By knowing nothing you can focus on what you need to know.

Too much information and too few facts are the joys of those who delite in distraction.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by subtopia
The greatest fear of Americans is Americans. The greatest threat to humanity is humanity. In most modern countries the third largest killer is their own health system!

By knowing nothing you can focus on what you need to know.

Too much information and too few facts are the joys of those who delite in distraction.

Sadly, you are right. You really opened up a can of worms, however I think we should keep to the topic of the post presented. Just an ATS old leather head.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I cant open a topic of my own yet but I plan to open a very large can of worms when I do.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by subtopia

I cant open a topic of my own yet but I plan to open a very large can of worms when I do.

Well....fire away!!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Dude (my character flaw),

Some trace human roots back over two hundred thousand years. A few are sure that the story of the flood of Noah is a record of real events that occurred (not really as reported in the OT) more than twenty thousand years ago.

Why are we at this point in experience only at the end of such a long period of time? Some believe, and I think I am one of them, that humans have thus far cycled three times in history and that the few tantalizing bits of material evidence, along with various legends, are remaining markers of those times. Every time I read about man made objects being found as inclusions in coal seams for instance I become more convinced. The earth is very good at erasing evidence and has had much time to do so in between these suspected human cycles.

If there is any truth in this assertion then perhaps we do not need ancient aliens to explain all the anomalies in the earth which clearly should not be ignored as they so often are.

But then I woke up and discovered I had eaten my pillow. No. Ha Ha. Just kidding to see if you would read this far. I think I really do believe this.

A further thought is that perhaps now certain records like the Mayan calendar, for one, can make more sense. Is it possible that those "prophesies" are merely continuations of the ancient known history of man? Does this seem to ring true?

It is our history that we try to know. Let's not limit ourselves by conservative convention.
edit on 21-4-2011 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

There is a time and a place for everything. The problem I have is the reality that few and I mean very few people actually want their present comfort, certainty, stability and security threatened by the truth even the majority on web sites like this. We want the truth and when we are told we instinctually and justifiably do four things, deny it, avoid it, distract ourselves or try and tranfer the loss(cost) we feel onto someone or something else.

That is all the elites are doing to the rest of the population, transfering the loss they feel from the truth they know onto everyone else. Human behaviour is very predictable once you know what triggers a reaction and what suppresses a response.
edit on 21-4-2011 by subtopia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I am incredibly tempted to "logic" my way through everything. But I realize that won't get me anywhere except a hypothesis with no evidence. So, I'm foraging through ATS and looking for evidence. Already this place is a better source of that then the last 6 months scouring the Internets.

Another thing you'll learn about me is that I sometimes go forever without posting, and when I do post something, half the time it's slightly beside the point of the discussion at hand. I do try, though...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
We are cattle implemented in a feeding/breeding programm for the machines ( aliens )...when our population numbers get too high the " rapture " occurs, or war by the machines against us and everybody is wiped out, except for the people of Zion/pre-Jerusalem ( the elite ) who go underground and are spared. Then the whole thing starts over again...Something like that I'm guessing in different variations...would explain the vanishing of our dozen highly evolved prospering civilizations and all that crazy sh!t written in religious texts...
edit on 21-4-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I have the same problem. That's why I've been registered since 08 but still only have 71 posts.

top topics

join