It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since When Was Thinness Equated With Beauty?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

I mainly just wanted to address your "dumbass statement" comment. We can go on and on, back and forth but it seems pointless. You're good at changing my words around to make your point.

You said it yourself. If someone is dating them that must be because they cant pull anyone better.

No, I said that it was undeniable that that actually happens. Ever hear of 'beer goggles'? And yes, in general, skinny is better than obese, for a multitude of reasons. I think you might be a little too biased on the subject to see this from another perspective. But, for the record, there is nothing wrong with girls that are just built big, or 'buxom'.. it's just when it's obvious they don't put effort into trying to look good or healthy, and become lazy. Rolls, cottage cheese and overlapping flesh is not hot.. and unless you have an uncommon fetish, it's disgusting.

If my posts have offended you at all, please don't go back and read my first post in this thread

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

people like you do not offend me. I find you to be more like an amusing curiosity. But as far as my being biased....I cant help but feel that you think that I am some bitter bertha who is hell bent on championing a cause for me and my big butt sisters. More mistaken you could not be. One...as bbw goes...Im on the low end. there is nothing super sized about me. It all falls into proportion pretty well. Genetics saw fit to make me an endomorph and I chucked whatever needless shame I had long ago. Im not one of the lazy type you speak of so hell...your rhetoric does not even apply to me personally. Have you ever heard of the concept of removing yourself from the equation in order to be a more effective proponent of something? If I was going based off of my own personal feelings or experiences it would be one thing....but as I have stated numerous times....I am simply here to add to the other side of the debate. What you eat doesnt make me #. So choose what you will in regards to a woman and feel how you feel. The sun will still come out tomorrow. I am, however, concerned about what the current social climate will do and is doing to young girls and women all over the place. This isnt about begging for some randoms approval. Its not about making people see the inner beauty in anyone. Its about facts vs. misinformation. What i have presented in my posts is there for those who are receptive to it. For those who are not...make your opposing point.....or dont. its that simple. Posturing and trying to come at me personally only shows me someone with very narrow thinking who is not even interested in a differing perspective and if you have nothing constructive to add then you should find something to do. I recommend gardening. Great for strength training as well as seeking out ones personal zen.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

When did I attack you personally? Defensive much? I'm just going by what you said in a previous post about being a bigger girl, and am also saying that you may be biased. You misconstrue most things that I say so you can come back at me with your "I'm rubber and you're glue" rhetoric. You also used this phantom personal attack to attack me and call me narrow minded.
This thread is about physical attraction, and not the value of women's personality and self worth...or what ever else you want to make it about. That's what my comments have been about.

I find it laughable that you included "the concept of removing yourself from the equation" in a post that brings the whole conversation back to you and your personal life. I don't care how fat you are, and never have.

me. I my I I me my Im me me I I Im me the concept of removing yourself from the equation I my own I I I i me I

Your AV speaks volumes. I'll see you around.

edit on 22-4-2011 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I am not sure about the whole health thing really. I have tried many reccomended diets, multivitamins make me feel like I have the flu. Junk food makes me feel like total crap. I am not fat, have not been fat since I hit 6th grade and started playing hockey, and training in martial arts bigtime. I think maybe I used a bunch of my energy prematurly in my youth or something, I am always tired the past 5 years. I used to go at least 3 days without sleep back in the day, I had badass insomnia, and some crazy nightmares. The only thing that has ever made me sleep was drinking a LOT, and it is not quality sleep. Tylenol PM etc does not effect me, neither does caffiene or any of those energy drinks. I have chugged a 6 pack of monster, red bull etc etc, when trying to stay awake, and gone to sleep like 30 mins later.

It is insane, I have to force myself to work out, and I have been doing so for about 2 years now. I am strong as hell, but still without energy. I hate it.

I still have insomnia, last bout I didn't sleep for 8 days, but it was without work. When there is work, it is 1000 times worse than when I am sitting home.
edit on Sat, 23 Apr 2011 01:42:46 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

how old are you now? I ask because some men's testosterone levels drop as early as their 20's. You should maybe think about having them checked. They can usually give you something to help bring them back up to snuff.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Cheesefacedogbone

I am 29 now, maybe it really is something to think about. Lol just thinking about it reminds me of brucie from GTA taking bull shark testosterone lmao. I always thought conserving my sexual energy was enough, but now I am not so sure. Then again pops went to the hospital thinking he had the flu, and found out he had less than half the blood he should have had in his body. Doctor don't know how he was alive, and they never found out what was wrong. I always worried it could be hereditory, and I will just croak sometime due to lack of blood, and not being as strong as pops.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

If you can talk the doctor into giving you HGH, that stuff is a wonder drug. But they usually only start prescribing that after you turn 40. You can buy it online, but the Feds might deliver it to you. lol. That stuff supposedly makes you feel like a teenager again, and actually helps you sleep a lot deeper.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75
I'm just the opposite...I'm a big guy, and likely always will be...I've taken the pounds off before, around my senior year in High School, but I literally had to starve myself to do it. And of course it all came back, within about 3 years or so. Ironically in todays world, I am at a disadvantage....with plenty of food and shelter, my slow metabolism is a hinderance, much more so than it helping me....and as I'm sure you well know, large people are often more susceptiable to certain deseases, and generally live shorter than thin people (in the world of today I mean). Soooo, I'm really gunning for some huge natural disaster that brings the world to its knees!!! Bring it on, so I can be genetically superior again, like my forefathers!!!!

Haha...I only said to someone the other day how messed up I'll be if the pooh does hit the fan as I have no fat stores, but later reassured myself that should cannibalism occur, no-ones going to want to eat me, meat'd be darn tough! Odds have a way of evening themselves out.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by BadPenny

Hmmmm I didn't think of the cannibalism angle....I guess I just need to increase my bodies intake of illegal toxic chemicals so that I'll be inedible.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join