It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Better your Relationship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Hello everyone. I am sure some of us here are in a relationship/marriage right now that you feel has become dead. I searched around and found a book that really helped my relationship out so I wanted to share it with you. It is called "The 5 Love Languages", by Dr. Gary Chapman. In the book it talks about the five different love languages being Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, and Physical Touch. It broke down each category and explained how each person has different needs that need to be fulfilled.

I for one am part of the Quality Time love language. I like to have someone spend time with me with the TV off,cell phones off, and laptop shut down!

I hope this helps some of you out if your feeling helpless.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
That is a wonderful book! Had I read it 5 years ago... I don't think I would have ended up divorced!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ampar84

Sorry to hear that. I agree with you its amazing. It doesn't have all the unrealistic expectations, just stuff we don't pay enough attention to.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

you aint the only one,women get a high tolerance for love compared to men like a drug,they get bored i guess,ive always heard men were the heartbreakers, but in my experience, women are, im not sexist because my moms a woman and i love and respect her dearly, but they dont build em like they used to,look at their televisual influences need i say more!!, it sux and its hard,im going thru a heartbreak myself,but women adopted the "i am a commodity,my p--ys gold, i can have who i want, love is not enough, im entitled,you better do as i say" mindstate,i hate it myself,but it is no measure of mental health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society"

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Agreed, this book is amazing. It's interesting how we tend to give other people what we think they'd want, or what WE would want, then wonder why they aren't happy? This is a wonderful relationship guide.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Thx for the book, I think that's exactly the type of book some close friend's couple are looking for

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalbeck

Definitely. This book has helped me so much to understand what it is that my woman wants, and why.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Is this the one where they talk about the love bank?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I didn't see anything on that. It talks about love tanks that people need fillled.

top topics

join