It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God a sexist

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
here is a link containing some scripture of the Bible when women are used to conquer, get this, MEN!

www.womeninthebible.net...

You religious people really should read your bibles more....

I am not religious anymore and I know that...

Edited to add: So the whole sexiest thing, really doesn't apply...
edit on 21-4-2011 by Quickfix because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

those women are portrayed as murderers, doesn't really help right?

why would the bible contradict itself?

oh wait...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Ha, I agree... Now, the question is, have any of the women who think the Bible is sexist read about men in the Bible?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

Cause those murder's killed men suppressing their people in a time of war...

The Middle East is a perfect example in today's world...there are reasons women fight just like men do over there.

www.memri.org...

IF, you were invaded by foreigners that blew up your family and local towns people would you try and kill them?

I know I would, but I wouldn't blow myself up like some women over there do...

Edited to add: the Bible contradicts itself a lot, its one of many reasons why I am not religious anymore...I still read the Bible though, there is some, SOME, good stuff in it..but most of it can be garbage...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by junglejake

Glad someone does.

And no they likely don't...the whole controversy between sexes is a two way street so to speak..

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

Again, the men in the Bible aren't portrayed in a very flattering light, either.

As to contradictions... Start another thread; I'd love to chat with ya about those! Though, hopefully, not regarding the contradictions of people's actions in a historical account that doesn't say contradictory actions are morally correct

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

ok so it has little to do with god and more to do with oppression
fine, power to them, my previous examples still stand.

to mod; contradictory in the sense that they use the bible to argue sexism.
edit on 21-4-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

Not a mod here, just another member

I don't understand a few things, though.

First, why is something contradictory if it supports sexism?

Second, I don't see the contradiction you speak of above, either. Saying one person's biography in the Bible contradicts another person's biography is like saying the Civil War is contradictory because Robert E. Lee and George Meade's biographies show different motivations.

If you're looking for a true representation of the women in the Bible despite some of the "religions" (I would call them Pharisaical) connotations, I recommend these: Scandal: Women of the Bible Gone Wild & Wise.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113

those women are portrayed as murderers, doesn't really help right?

why would the bible contradict itself?

oh wait...

i should have written that a little better, i wasn't talking to quickfix about contradiction but to the previous members that quote scripture to deny sexism. it's late.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
it's late.

Yes, yes it is. I'm curious, though, that, since the 20th post can sometimes get lost in the shuffle, what you think of this one. Does that contradict the Bible's take on women, and if so, how?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

Men and women in the Bible are both sexist against each other. Even in today's societies all over the world.

An example, the Muslim men who worship Islam make their women cover their body's and faces.

Another example, some women in california or in america are stuck up and only will use men for their money.

Like I said before it is a two way street.

But "God" used a women in a few cases against men, so the whole "God" is sexiest thing really doesn't have much standing...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

well they dont really have anything to do with sexism, imo. also there is a contradiction when you compare them to my bible quotes.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

i think it has much standing except those few times concerning using those women.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I don't think God was sexist - He created woman for Adam when the animals failed to entertain him in paradise.
Thus He spared His beloved man the pain of child-bearing.

I think God loves women too, He's just more interested in men.
If one takes the Bible as literature, I would not say He's gay.

But, He certainly has a penchant for His men and the homosocial, bordering on the homoerotic.

He even calls His male-dominated church His "bride"!

Where is Mrs God?
Well, male believers are His "Mrs God", especially when they remain "undefiled by women" and virgins.

Women are saved by having babies:

Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
Timothy 2:15.

So, let one wife give her vagina to the man, to stop him from burning in lust for others.

Then, leave men, and be silent - in past centuries women received the ducking stool for talking too much.
Leave men to their brotherhoods and prayers.

That is traditional Christianity.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Even though Hebrew prophetess' existed (chulda, Deborah, Miriam, etc) the majority were men. Which is to say that that there needs to be a balance between men and woman in roles traditionally and metaphysically reserved for men and women. Certain exceptional women can have positions in government, but it should never exceed being a minority. Likewise, men can stay and take care of their children, and do typically motherly things, but it should never exceed a minority.

This is similar to how each person has a passive feminine/masculine element within them. A Man has a passive feminine side, and a woman a passive masculine side. This side should remain passive, just as physically one is distinctively only one sex, so to spiritually one should adhere to the natural and orderly dynamic, and in society at large, those women with exceptional masculine abilities, like leadership, should never exceed being a minority in the "greater man" of humanity.

But i agree with your assesment of pagandom. The greeks may have been 'goddess' worshippers, and submitted themselves to emotional feminine energies, but they didnt by any means issue any real honor to their women. And in other pagan lands, like in Gaul, women were considered inherently inferior to their men, and treated as nothing more than sexual objects.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzylizzy

He's also a homophobe and racist.

Look at the theocratic (God-ruled) states in the middle-east; women are not allowed in a law court, amongst other sexist rules and regulations. Women are still stoned in accordance with abrahamic doctrine and tradition.

Thank "GOD" for secular ruled state. Like the founding fathers declared; "A wall of separation between church and state" - This allows for a truly multi-cultural society that includes non-religious, and a person's individual right to choose their own religion.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix

An example, the Muslim men who worship Islam make their women cover their body's and faces.

Just a wee note: Muslim men don't worship Islam - Islam is the religion, and they worship Allah (which is simply the Arabic word for God). I am just denying ignorance here!

But "God" used a women in a few cases against men, so the whole "God" is sexist thing really doesn't have much standing...

That's true...
Vicky

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzylizzy

This topic makes me, and Logic, Sad...

The history of Abrahamic religions does nothing more than teach women have to take second place.

Second place in what Field?

The raising and teaching of children has traditionally been a female dominated realm of study.... but you wouldn't know that since you seem to only think that MAN related business is the only business worthy of documenting...

While man was made under the image of God, the prevailing rule under Christianity, Islam and Judaism is that woman was made under the image of man.

Are you sure that MAN is a demarcation for MALES, or is it a demarcation for Mankind in general?

You seem to be a Typical Feminazi, so I will just leave it at that.

The pagans celebrated womanhood, there were Godesses, along came the Abrahamic God (male) who made it clear that women live in subjugation, even today in the most enligtened Christian family, the man is the head of the household.....why..?

Because during childbirth, women are EXTREMELY fragile, and only Feminazi's would state otherwise.

And also, women are more swayed by emotions than men, who are primarily ruled by logic.

I have studied the Bible and the Koran for the status of women, nowhere can I find women being equal to a man.

That's because equality implies sameness.

And if you really think that Women and men are the *SAME* then you trueley have a few screws loose.

The biological distinction between the sexes is there for a specific reason, and that is the division of labor along specific lines.

Have come to the conclusion that the Abrahamic God is indeed sexist

Oh, you mean that the people who wrote the religions that you are referring to as "Works of God" are merely works of human authors!

Yeah... agreed.

Try not to attribute Purely human biological distinctions to a *CLEARLY* beyond biological entity... it's kinda childish.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

I know they worship the deity Allah, but religion itself is a belief which is worshiped.

Just like it says to not worship false idols in the bible. I find people that follow a certain religion unknowingly worship a false belief system of religion along with the deity. So the deity is just half of it, which i forgot about..

Kind of confusing, but it is merely my perspective on the matter.

I do have quite a bit rattling around in my brain, so i forget and miss things from time to time, I am merely hue-man after all

Edited to add: And the whole standing thing, well i find that true, but people who are religious, no matter what facts you give them they still blindly believe otherwise, but that's a different thread/argument all together.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

reply to post by Vicky32

I know they worship the deity Allah, but religion itself is a belief which is worshiped.

Just like it says to not worship false idols in the bible. I find people that follow a certain religion unknowingly worship a false belief system of religion along with the deity. So the deity is just half of it, which i forgot about..

Kind of confusing, but it is merely my perspective on the matter.

I do have quite a bit rattling around in my brain, so i forget and miss things from time to time, I am merely hue-man after all

Edited to add: And the whole standing thing, well i find that true, but people who are religious, no matter what facts you give them they still blindly believe otherwise, but that's a different thread/argument all together.

Allah is not another deity different from the God worshipped by Christians and Jews, but the same being. Allah is the word used by Arabic Christians and Arabic Jews, despite the somewhat hysterical insistence I have seen here that 'Allah' is some kind of pagan moon God.
People who are rigidly monolingual are at a huge disadvantage in the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join