It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horned Skulls

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Not sure if this is the right place or not, if not someone please move it....I came across this site with a pic of a supposedly horned skull.....anyone heard of this before? I have seen these things before, but they were always a hoax, I have not seen this one before....I am assuming it is fake.

www.burlingtonnews.net...

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Well, I don't know what to think of it. Creepy though. Would be scary as hell if it was real!

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
interesting link no doubt hella creepy though imagine if the pizza delevery guy had horns when you opend the door ROFL

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
EEP. I have to admit its shiver worthy. But the skull looks kinda fake.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Thats a bunch of crap

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Wow, great find.
I also like the info on the Giants. The skull with the horns I have not seen before. Very interesting. If real, I would not be surprised if there is a coverup.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
super freaked out, but complete crap!

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
looks pretty fake to me. If you look real close it looks like the horns are slightly different color than the rest of the skull. thats my take on it any how.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Before any of you run your mouths saying it's fake, or crap, show some proof.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Well on a related topic its not that hard to grow horns apparently. Sterilised coral is placed under the skin anchored to the skull, as the years go by the coral is replaced by bone. While this technique is new there is no reason that ancient culrures could not have discovered it.
Link to interview with person who performs procedure
www.bmezine.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpockO_o
Thats a bunch of crap

What's the use of making a stupid post like that? Why is the horned skull a bunch of crap. Support your bold statement with proof of it being fake.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Too all the naysayers out there i hate to tell you however this phenomenon is in fact real. Its nothing more then an over calicification which results in a horn like deformity , basically its a bone spur but located on the head. The photo showing the perfectly placed horns may be fake but this does happen , my great aunt actually had a 1 inch horn protruding from her skull that i never even knew about. My father had to tell me about it , becuase she always did her hair in a manner to hide the horn but when she went swimming it was very apparent.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
It said this skull was from the French museum. And if you notice, the skull has been decorated with the stringed stones on the top of the head. Maybe suggesting that the horns are attacted as decoration also.

It looks like a real skull but the horns have been attached with some sort of putty or clay. You can see the bonding material in the next image. Look right where the horn meets the skull.

With that said, I think the claims on the website are false, but the actual skull looks to be a real artefact of ancient art or something. Thats if it really is from the French museum.

IMO of course.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Body modification was a central theme to many primitive cultures. Though there has yet to be a discovery of a society that intentionally grew horns that is not to say there wasn't one. When Enigma dies his skull will have horns and they will be made out of bone but that doesn't mean he is not human. I guess my point is that humans do strange things to thier bodies sometimes so the discovery of horned skulls wouldn't actually mean much.
www.bmezine.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Site mentions this skull
www.mysteriousworld.com...
Half way down on your right

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
One more thing.

If the skull was "on Display in the French Museum", that would hardly be a coverup.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   

It looks like a real skull but the horns have been attached with some sort of putty or clay. You can see the bonding material in the next image. Look right where the horn meets the skull.

Spoken like a person who has never seen the skull of an animal with horns. For some reason my property is where the animals in the area have chosen to die, i find skulls and bones all the time especially deer skulls. At the base of all the deer skulls with antlers you can see the calcification blob that looks like putty , allmost like jb weld that holds the antler ( horn ) in place. Im sure that my great aunt that had the horn would have had the same calcification at the base of her horn as well. Granted i will say the placement of these horns is rather eirie but i dont think it makes the skull any less human , if in fact the skull is real its mearly a deformity.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by minniescar
Spoken like a person who has never seen the skull of an animal with horns.

That's true. I can only go from what I know. But you could see why I thought that.

The best thing to do would be to find out what the French Museum says about it. They wouldn't have put it on display if its origins are from a coverup.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
yes they are real but we have talked about these deformes skulls again and again here . they were found in connecticut and they were all over 7 feet.they could be nephilim. blahblahblah.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpockO_o
Thats a bunch of crap

Originally posted by katt06
super freaked out, but complete crap!

Wow, what a constructive piece of input on this discussion. Try backing up such claims with evidence and remember:
Think before Posting-If all you're going to post is crap - don't bother. You're just wasting ATS bandwidth with your BS.

It looks like some kind of deformity to me, the way the horns are actually part of the skull. They don't look stuck on.
MGJ: these skulls, or the other strnge stetched skulls, that were found to just be done by a tribes body modification.

BTW; this probably should be in the crypto forum, but if the idea is that these are alien, i suppose it might as well stay.

[edit on 28-7-2004 by minimi]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join