It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Open Letter to Pastor Jones: City Of Dearborn's Mayor

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

An Open Letter to Pastor Jones: City Of Dearborn's Mayor

dearborn.patch.com

Dear Pastor Jones:

I watched you on television speaking about the Constitution and Dearborn, and it appears you need more information about both before you come to our city. I can provide insight on the Constitution, and expertise on Dearborn.

First of all, Dearborn supports the Constitution as well as any city in America. Our commitment to the Constitution is unwavering, not merely convenient, which makes your hyperbole about Sharia Law being practiced in the courts or civil law of Dearborn nonsensical. So, you are coming to protest against an imaginary threat that doesn’t exist
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 20-4-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
This is the Pastor that is coming to Michigan to burn the Koran.

IMO this pastor Jones is an idiot, not only has he picked a bad place for his demonstration, but it is right near 4 other christian churches that are adjacent to the mosque, yep you heard it, all the places of worship are right next to each other.

Never a problem.

Mayor O'Reilly has actually offered Jones a better backdrop and full city assistance right at Dearborn City Hall, which can accommodate lot's of people safely, but this self-center drama king, appears to want to cause chaos where there is none.

He is welcome to express his views per our constitution, but his methods and intentions IMO to incite anger.

I thought religion was about finding things we have in common and living in the reflection of Goodness, but this only underscores the twisted agendas that so called religious leader profess, under the auspice of the "Good Book". Sad IMO.

Dearborn and Detroit have seen it all, and this person will most likely get overlooked by the people here, but rest assured the media will try to put a spin on this event.

Rest assured you will get the Real Truth from RT

Peace Out

dearborn.patch.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
if he is an advocate of hate and violance and he is feeding on peoples ignorance....i think its high time that another ignorant person who hates and is willing to use violance goes and slaps this pratt with a bible across his pig cheeks....any takers

i think this dudes watched "kingdom of heaven' too many times....put down the doobys and the Rum...try and live in the real world for 10 mins..
edit on 20-4-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Here is what I believe is going to transpire.

1) He is expecting muslims to react like in the Middle-east.........Wrong! They most likely will look at him in bewilderment. Why? Because most of them left the middle-east because they wanted to get away from the chaos. And most of them have a pretty good life in the USA.

2) If anyone is going to be PO'd here it will be the Dearborn Tax Payers, who have to foot the huge bill for security for this moron. Dearborn PD, Wayne County Sheriff's, State Police will all be there, not to mention federal authorities.

3) In the end everyone will see him for the joke he is

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

No dearborn has no idea what the constitution is about. Nor are they capable of upholding a constitutional republic. Their treatment of christian preachers confirms this.

www.thomasmore.org...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
i got a letter for jones too but ats will censor it and deem it to be a extreme manners and decorum violation.

jones is a danger to himself and public safety lock him up in a mental hospital that is not illegal

nor is it a violation of free speech.

someone higher up please read this post and say why didnt i think of that!

lets end stupidity in america

edit on 20-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

Cool - the sooner somebody shuts down all the religous mythology the better for the world!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Cool - the sooner somebody shuts down all the religous mythology the better for the world!

And that's why you will live in tyranny, ruled by cruel masters. As Jesus said, "He who sins is slave to sin". Apart from the christian religion you can know no real freedom.

For those who live in America I iterate our forefathers cry, "No King but Jesus!".

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

LOOOOOL

Treaty of Tripoli
Authored by American diplomat Joel Barlow in 1796, the following treaty was sent to the floor of the Senate, June 7, 1797, where it was read aloud in its entirety and unanimously approved. John Adams, having seen the treaty, signed it and proudly proclaimed it to the Nation.

Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Mussulmen; and, as the said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

Some quotes from your 'Christian' forefathers.

"Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined, imprisoned; yet we have not advanced an inch towards uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one half the world fools, and the other half hypocrites. To support roguery and error all over the earth." - "Notes on Virginia"

What did religion mean to our forefathers?

Short answer: To say that they were Christian is misleading. The Founding Fathers were influenced by the Age of Reason. To better understand their views on religion, you should read both their writing and the writing of the Enlightenment itself. Read more: wiki.answers.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Personally I think the dogmas of religion are a worthless and destructive institution in our society, that hide behind the veil of a so called good book.

Although I am Agnostic these days, after years of being a Christian for many years, and studying many other religions I concluded that the hypocrisies most people perpetrate through their so called religious beliefs, is nothing short of blind ignorance.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
reply to post by Realtruth

No dearborn has no idea what the constitution is about. Nor are they capable of upholding a constitutional republic. Their treatment of christian preachers confirms this.

www.thomasmore.org...

Then I say let justice and the Laws of the Land prevail. I am all about the law, if someone rights have been violated then they should have their day in court.

It will be interesting to find out how the separation of Church and State really work in our judicial system on this case.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
There is a reason this idiot choose Dearborn and or Dearborn Hts., it happens to be the largest Arab community in the United States.

He may have finally made a big mistake if the Arab community desides to turn on him. These are beautiful peaceful cities.

I have many friends who live there, think I may make some phone calls today which is not easy, my friends have been here a very long time and their children all born here, grown up and are solid citizens.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
i got a letter for jones too but ats will censor it and deem it to be a extreme manners and decorum violation.

jones is a danger to himself and public safety lock him up in a mental hospital that is not illegal

nor is it a violation of free speech.

someone higher up please read this post and say why didnt i think of that!

lets end stupidity in america

edit on 20-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I'm not precisely sure what the exact court rulings have been regarding freedom of speech in the United States, but I do recall that willfully inciting violence is in some way illegal. Please do correct me if I am wrong of course, but after what happened the last time Jones burned a Koran, wouldn't him doing so again, especially in a predominantly Muslim area be considered an inciting of violence? Therefore what you say would be very workable and in absolutely everyone's best interest too.

Personally I haven't talked to Jones myself, but I think he wants to become some kind of martyr. I think he sees the violent reaction to his utterly disgusting and disturbing actions to be proof that he is right. I believe that he hopes to someday get into a violent confrontation with Muslims himself, his ego is driving something very disturbed and terrifying.

Edit: I will say that such a thing as this could never happen in Britain, at least a second time. Pastor Jones would have been arrested in the interest of national security after the first burning and be prevented from ever doing so again. While this may be seen as having less freedom of speech that the US (indeed I would agree it is) it does provide for a safer community. Take that whichever way you may of course, I'm not making a judgment call on my own nation's laws through this one way or another, but just putting it out there.
edit on 21-4-2011 by ProjectJimmy because: Addition Of Note

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Something tells me that had Islamic missionaries been arrested in the same manor you wouldn't be complaining at all. As for the constitutionality of the actions taken by the Dearborn police, well the link you provided was for the law firm that is representing the plaintiffs, of course they are going to try to spin the case in their favor, they want to win after all. It's a completely biased source. Furthermore, the Thomas More Law Center completely fails in their press release to build any argument that the actions taken by Dearborn were inspired by Sharia law, which is the crux of their lawsuit.

I'll be looking for the verdict in this case, then we can talk constitutionality.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Everyone needs to see this clip.

The pastor says he is coming in peace, but yet they will be armed.

Am I missing something here?

Channel 7 News Video Clip

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

Ahh yes, the Islamo-apologists. Always covering up for the religion of peace. How many more atrocities will they commit and how many more decent civilizations will they destroy before liberals finally get the message?

How ironic it is that liberals love the great religion that treats women like property and commands it's followers to smite or behead unbelievers. Yet the religion that calls for us to "love our enemies", is to be hated condemned.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

You are missing the whole point. It has very little to do with Freedom of Speech or religion, but the fact that a small minded religious leader is acting like a child. I don't believe the 1st amendment should be compromised in any way, so let him speak, but if he incites a riot, with his actions everyone involved including him should pay the legal price.

The Muslim religion extremisst have issues for sure, and these people seem to use their religion to hide behind to perpetrate acts of violence and chaos, just like most of the cowards that hide behind the "Good Book" of their so called religion.

This is a wonderful paradigm that this pastor is setting for the Christian religion. Maybe now all Christians worldwide will take notice and make this part of their "Good Friday" agenda and ritual every year now. Maybe next year he'll toss in some Torah's and Bible's for extra warmth.

edit on 22-4-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

First of all, America was not founded on the Christian Religion. The Treaty of Tripoli of 1797 dispels that idea. Second, comparatively speaking, Islam is having the same growing pains that Christianity had 600 years ago. Take a look at Christianity in the 15th century and compare it to Islam today.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

yea, though I walk through the valley of
the shadow of death, I will fear no evil
for I have Smith & Wesson

as amended by Terry Jones

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by Realtruth

yea, though I walk through the valley of
the shadow of death, I will fear no evil
for I have Smith & Wesson

as amended by Terry Jones

And when he is in Detroit he'll be down in that valley for sure.

It's funny because no one here in our area will think twice, cause most people carry, but what is even more funny about the whole issue is the Pastor Jone was here already in an interview with a Muslim emam.

Pastor Jones accidentally discharged his firearm in the local news stations parking lot, yet no charges will be brought against him.

Friday night, after the interview, Jones was in the WJBK parking lot when his gun misfired. No arrests were made.

Pastor Jones Discharges his firearm In Detroit

His interview with a local Detroit Station, and a Muslim Leader last week

www.myfoxdetroit.com...
edit on 22-4-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join