It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Attack on Our Freedoms Has Started

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Some rich elitist in living texas no surprise there has reported all the populer anime streaming and downloading as Copyright DMCA, animecracy has aready stopped working by showing a 502 error page, along with dramacracy which it didnt feature any anime series, just TV drama from Asia.

Texas Hates Freedom of Web video Streaming?

This is not good,

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

So…

You are against people making money off of their intellectual properties?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

So…

typical response on someone who hates free streaming viewing for the people who dont have access nor the money to buy the anime in there respected countries.

Thats no reason to close those anime sites down in the name of capitalism.

Heres the thing,

in canada a complete collection of season of your favorite anime series will cost around 90$ dollars to around a 100 bucks, well in eupore its rare and hard finding such complete sets.

Thats why there are these anime streaming sites, if they dont want to buy the dvds because they cost to much, they can watch them on the internet for free
edit on 20-4-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

So…

I personally don't believe intellectual property is property. Land is property...physical possessions are property. That is about it. Once you go down that other road, you might as well sue people for dancing in a copyrighted way e.c.t.
edit on 20-4-2011 by SmokeandShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
good to see none of the sites i use was on that list

bad for them tho

some of those anime shows are utterly stupid and are not worth the cash to pay for them thats why.

the term intellectual property doesnt apply to the majority of anime or even movies because theres nothing remotely resembling that in the finished work.

thats why i have no problems with p2p or websites who host content.

the fact of the matter is the providers of content (the intellectuals) just throw out complete trash unworthy of my hard earned cash.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
LOL.

Please tell me that you're not just pissed off because you can't see some free anime.

It's not the end of the world !

Whether you agree with the copyright laws or not is irrelevant, these sites are probably illegally uploading and streaming material, so there's really not that much to be crying about.

The rights and wrongs of these things aren't taken into consideration when strictly applying the law.

edit on 20-4-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Lol. THis has got to be the funniest thread ever.

Your favorite anime website gets shut down and all of a sudden you claim that the attack on your freedom has started? Well news flash for ya, the attack on your freedoms started long before this, but you were probably too busy watching anime to notice.

Furthermore, as a member of society you are obligated to work in exchange for the work of others. This is represented as currency (money). If you don't have any its not because the system is unfair, it is because you are lazy. So instead of leeching off the work of others you should do some of your own, then you wouldn't need to steal in the first place.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Have you noticed since anime has become freely available online fansubbed, DVD-ripped, and otherwise that a lot of companies have been shuttered and ones still running have lost profits?

I used to run with some American Voice Actors and party with them at conventions and a lot of them dropped off the radar over time because of things like ADV closing.

I don't understand the need for unofficial free streaming, though I am guilty of it for series that aren't coming out for some time. You are taking the money right out of the mangka/studios mouth when you do it and most mangaka/authors don't make much for their work in general. If it's licensed, you could be costing your fellow citizen their job. Most Animes now, if their supposed hits, get simulcasted anyway with LEGITIMATE ways to watch them free online (In North America and Japan atleast). I just watched the most recent Tiger & Bunny and Blue Exorcist episode on Viz's site today actually.

You could excersize patience in regards to series not legally streaming for free from the companies that own them by waiting it out or saving up for it. Just about anything worth watching gets snatched up now and a few months down the road (if not instantly) get episodes online for free. If it never comes stateside, I don't have a problem with it being streamed subbed, since no ones losing out because it never entered the market.

You're showing the standard of wanting it all for free, which is childish. Someone elses work goes into it and you decide since you want it now, to hell with those involved. Wouldn't it blow if Bones or other studios started closing or outsourcing more animation to subpar korean animators?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
LOL.

Please tell me that you're not just pissed off because you can't see some free anime.

Whether you agree with the copyright laws or not is irrelevant, these sites are probably illegally uploading and streaming material, so there's really not that much to be crying about.

The rights and wrongs of these things aren't taken into consideration when strictly applying the law.

edit on 20-4-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

I believe that the public at large have exercised what they think of such laws. Let them interpret it, like the people should. "Illegal" is not the final word.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
LOL.

They aren't illegally here another person who doesn't understand it, sounds like you support capitalism then? ripping you off every penny? rather then watching or enjoying it for free.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
the term intellectual property doesnt apply to the majority of anime or even movies because theres nothing remotely resembling that in the finished work.

Isn't that like criticizing someone for taking a stinky crap, while you're shoveling handfuls of it into your mouth? Sorry I could not think of a better analogy.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
fan subbs drive anime

the sheer exposure of it to people who would not normally get to be able to watch it.

flame me for still being a kid at heart but i got hooked on anime back when i was 16 that was 30 years ago

still like watching it some of them are better than alot of american tv and movies.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Anime sucks.. you should thank them

Seriously, a big hard drive and torrent sites... what else do you need??

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
They take one site down, someone puts 2 up. Take 2 down someone puts 3 up it doesn't matter its a loosing situation that just recycles.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SweetRevenge

Have you noticed since anime has become freely available online fansubbed, DVD-ripped, and otherwise that a lot of companies have been shuttered and ones still running have lost profits?

Wheres that proof? you see after the actions taken by the manga publishers by making all those popular sites been closed the manga sales still did not improve.

So for your why the companies lost profits it was not because of free music, or free anime, rather we are facing a finical crisis still you should know that part atleast.

You cant blame the company losses on free viewing on streaming, downloading, MP3 etc...

but rather look at the record of your company finical records, companies would always love to blame someone else for there own mistakes for huge loss of profits, behaving like little children.

You're showing the standard of wanting it all for free, which is childish. Someone elses work goes into it and you decide since you want it now, to hell with those involved. Wouldn't it blow if Bones or other studios started closing or outsourcing more animation to subpar korean animators?

It inst childish almost 90% of the world people cant afford such anime series or TV series free viewing is also our right, didn't you know?

edit on 20-4-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by avatar01

dude couldnt have said it any better thats exactly what it means.

to the op nexflix carries anime complete series all for the low low price of 8 bucks a month.

and they wont be taken down for showing it.

but they are dubbed the best way to watch anime is in the original language
edit on 20-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

nexflix is waste of money.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

lol i kno i am a member but it somewhat but not much better than cable and satellite

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
I believe that the public at large have exercised what they think of such laws.
Let them interpret it, like the people should. "Illegal" is not the final word.

I disagree.

The public at large are flouting the law because - save for a handful of token cases - it's practically unenforceable.

There would be many more laws broken if the person committing the crime knew that they had a 99.9% chance of not being caught.

I'm not saying that piracy is inherently right or wrong. All I'm saying is that the laws of the land apply, whether you or I personally agree with them or not is irrelevant. So, authorities closing websites or applications that facilitate the download or viewing of copyrighted material is nothing to be concerned about, as they are just using their powers to apply the current laws.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This thread isn't even Political Madness worthy, I was expecting congress passing a new unconstitutional law.
Not a thread about Texas closing down a website with Anime that was resubbed.
Melodramatic twits ruined this website.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join