It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Americans received more money from the feds than they were taxed.. first time since the Depression

page: 1
2

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Government Cash Handouts Now Top Tax Revenues

U.S. households are now getting more in cash handouts from the government than they are paying in taxes for the first time since the Great Depression.

But eh, the economy is RECOVERING!


Households received $2.3 trillion in some kind of government support in 2010. That includes expanded unemployment benefits, as well as payments for Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and stimulus spending, among other things.

But that’s more than the $2.2 trillion households paid in taxes, an amount that has slumped largely due to the recession, according to an analysis by the Fiscal Times.

More given than taxed...


Also, an estimated 59% of the 308.7 million Americans in this country get at least one federal benefit, according to the Census Bureau, based on 2009 data.

A country of welfare. 41% working to give to the other 59%.

And the most insane number :

And the handouts from the government have been growing. Government cash handouts account for a whopping 79% of household growth since 2007, even as household tax payments--for things like the income and payroll tax, among other taxes--have fallen by $312 billion.

Government handouts account for 79% of the growth of household income?

Know what's gonna happen when the government needs to cut 50% of the budget AND RAISE TAXES? Riots is what's gonna happen.

The end game won't be pretty. Millions won't receive their government checks and it'll be riots. Or the government will print the US into oblivion to pay the checks... and hyperinflation is gonna crush the people...and riots are gonna ensue.

Pick your poison.

Now a bunch of you will say... people said nothing when the bank bailouts happened! Well that's right. But a bank bailout they don't have to ``pay`` is different than taking money directly from their bank account by taxes or not sending them a check. This time, it's personal.

The dollar ain't reaching 2 years low for nothing... The end game is very near.

What KD has to say about the dollar going down the drain...
Proof: Hobson's Choice Before Us

And in point of fact the dollar is now sitting within spitting distance of its all-time low. There is no floor beneath that level on a technical basis. While an "underthrow" excursion might well be tolerated, should there be any meaningful and sustained break below about 71.5 on the /DX you're not going to have to worry about what comes next - you're going to be treated to it immediately with $150/bbl+ oil, gas north of $5 and literal privation and hunger in the streets of America, as it becomes impossible for the government to hand out money faster than currency devaluation steals it. Shortly thereafter S&P will downgrade and then we're find out if we're Greece, Egypt, or (far worse) Libya.


The final game is nearly here. If the dollar crisis happens, doesn't matter if they raise the ceiling, cut the deficit, whatever, it'll be over.
edit on 20-4-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)




posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
So you mean we'll see a situation just like Libya, Egypt, and the United Kingdom in our doorsteps?



posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I love how there will be people who come to threads like this or others like it and blame the people who take these handouts...but they just displace the problem to the people who take them when the blame should be put on the government for such poor regulation of the problem...they've allowed this to happen and continue to do so...I hope people realize this



posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Those are some shocking numbers. I think you may be right about how it will end, as well.

I don't know about anyone else, but I have yet to see much recovery in my neighborhood, and I don't hold much hope for seeing any soon.



posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
So you mean we'll see a situation just like Libya, Egypt, and the United Kingdom in our doorsteps?

Yes. I would not put the UK in the same bin as Libya and Egypt... not yet anyway.

Time for all the people of the world to rise up and lynch the monarchies and the bankers and take back control of our governments from the crooks.



posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Social Security Medicare, and (standard, not extended) unemployment for many of the people who recieve it is NOT a so-called "handout." Millions of retirees worked their asses off for decades paying into those programs under the guise that they would recieve their own money back when they needed it during their golden years under the auspices of Social Security and medicare.

I'm not even 35 and yet I am completely on board with the older Americans who are sick of seeing their Social Security payments they funded via SS Taxation being called an "entitlement" or "welfare" payout. For the folks who actually worked and paid into it for decades on end, they paid their dues and they deserve that promise to be fullfilled. Had the government not raped these accounts over the years they would today be funded liabilities and operating the way they were intended to.

Extended unemployment, SS, Medicare, and Medicaid payouts to illegals and folks who never paid into them? OK, that's the government teat and needs curtailed completely. Our elderly getting back what they contributed? That's just following through on a promise (which, if broken would constitute theft, IMO).



posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
Extended unemployment, SS, Medicare, and Medicaid payouts to illegals and folks who never paid into them? OK, that's the government teat and needs curtailed completely. Our elderly getting back what they contributed? That's just following through on a promise (which, if broken would constitute theft, IMO).

Totally agree. The problem was giving the control of it to the government in the first place.

There's just no money, they've taking it all...



posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This ties in nicely with the boom in minority populations.....



posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
This is probably going to sound really stupid but why aren't more credible news/business sources reporting on this. This "news" has been in circulation since at least the 18th and yet the top hits when one searches are foxbusiness (because their "news" is so credible), homesteadingtoday, and gillreport

edit on 20-4-2011 by Nastradamus because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6
 


Couldn't agee more.

SS is not a handout when you've paid into the system through the course of your entire working life, and your benefit is proportional to your contribution. Government mismanagement of the fund is at the root of the SS's current difficulties.

The title of this thread states "Americans..." when the article discusses "US households". Therein lies the rub.

At the risk of being labeled cruel and xenophobic, perhaps we should begin by enforcing existing immigration laws and reform "anchor baby" incentives. If we take care of our economy and help only TRULY needy citizens first then we will be in a position to help provide economic opportunity to an even larger pool of potential immigrants.

If the economy tanks then most of us are in jeopardy and we won't be able to hepl anyone.

One point further to consider...the truly affluent have the cash to relocate abroad. This whole idiotic idea the taxing the "rich" more will fix this problem is completely ludicrous. BTW who exactly defines who is "rich"?

edit on 20-4-2011 by robyn because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

A country of welfare. 41% working to give to the other 59%.

And the most insane number :

And the handouts from the government have been growing. Government cash handouts account for a whopping 79% of household growth since 2007, even as household tax payments--for things like the income and payroll tax, among other taxes--have fallen by $312 billion.



You think that is insane...

The Fed and the government gave trillions to international bankers to prop them up, way more than welfare programs to people who might actually need it. Whats worse is that we really don't know how high the numbers actually are because the Fed doesn't have to tell.

It is amazing how an international banker and an illegal immigrant crack mom can be in the same category as welfare beneficiary.




top topics



 
2

log in

join