It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Pharma set to take over medical marijuana market

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Big Pharma set to take over medical marijuana market

from rawstory...

Just as the federal government is clamping down on medical marijuana dispensaries, the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) may be set to give Big Pharma the clearance to take over the market...

...as the FDA is poised to approve the drug for Big Pharma, state-licensed medical marijuana dispensaries that provide relief for thousands of Americans are under attack by other federal agencies.

So, the hypocritical fascists are at it again. People are not allowed to grow the most valuable plant known to mankind, but big pharma can market an extract of the same to anybody willing to pay for a doctor visit and some pills. How dare any human being have access to anything that nature intended to be their natural born right? This is all unsurprising, to say the least, but for people who think logically it is always an outrage when this kind of hypocrisy is allowed to stand. Freedom. Yeah, right.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Yeah sure it can be legal as long they have their hands involved in the making of it...no thanks. Their version will probably kill you unlike the natural Earth given version.

They will do anything to make money for themselves!

edit on 4/20/2011 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by HenryPatrick

Well, Hypocrisy at its best, but the sad part is the info will get such a spin that the general public will accept and even be happy about it that the "dangerous" plant is being controlled by the FDA and only sold by the "responsible" big-pharma

edit on 20/4/11 by Thill because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Well usually I will try to point out why some things aren't as bad as people make them out to be or how they are not true but I can't really find anything in this case.

It reminds me of the government in the past allowing huge monopolies to dominate markets...Not very good for the nation at all.

good find

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Yeah sure it can be legal as long they have their hands involved in the making of it...no thanks. Their version will probably kill you unlike the natural Earth given version.

They will do anything to make money for themselves!

edit on 4/20/2011 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

I completely agree. Corporations will always try to monopolize on hot goods.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
And really, what is the difference between making money off of some sort of pill or directly off the plant itself? Why couldn't the government just grow organic marijuana and sell it out of government shops? They could still make ALL the money. I just don't understand the point of turning it into a pharmaceutical (though, to be fair, the article states it is a pure extract) unless there is something about it that is different or they are not telling us. It certainly reeks of conspiracy, or maybe it is just backroom deals between gov and big pharma, which i guess is conspiracy anyway. So, yes, it is all a conspiracy. Happy Holiday.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Why did this thread disappear? It is not about illegal substances. It is about a legal extract marketed by Big Pharma and the government conspiracy that made it possible.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
This really pisses me off. If the Federal Government uses this as a reason to attack and do away with medical marijuana, than I say screw it. Time to revolt.

It kind of pisses me off that this site bins anything that has cannabis in its subject matter. They even binned the thread about the car made from all hemp.
Talk about "reefer madness".

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
its ridiculous that the government can outlaw any part of nature. i mean, there is a million different things that you can buy and misuse, that doesn't mean we should ban them. but of course its 'for our own good' right. maybe they should ban whipped cream because kids can huff it. or glue. or anything else. especially with all the good that plant can do. i mean look at industrial hemp. that plant has a million and one uses, it is the most nutritionally complete natural food known to man, and you CAN NOT get high from it, and yet its still illegal because its in the same family as marijuana. the whole situation with cannabis is absolutely ridiculous and people don't even care. everyones so brainwashed by the anti weed propaganda that they jump at the chance to keep a miracle plant illegal. the only hope we have is to wait for the older generations and their misconceptions to die off. it pisses me off every time just thinking about it

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Forbidding the growth of a plant , outlawing its effects and making it a hot valuable on the black market is as absurd as if someone outlawed the rising of the sun, the flowing of the tides or the laughter in children.

We are insane, madness is the price we pay for our commodities, suicide the choice those who live in cities take, and oblivion our certain future if something doesn't give in soon, the planet will shake and we will tremble either way, so lets try to take this ship on to less stormy seas, hopefully...

Big pharma has very few enemies that could try to derail its efforts, but right now, as things appear, I think it is only a matter of time... sadly, and thing will remain the way they planned it all along.
sad, but truth is, very few care...
very few give a damn unless its already on them!

top topics

join