It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restrepo director Tim Hetherington and Chris Hondros were killed in Libya

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Restrepo

www.huffingtonpost.com

Two highly acclaimed journalists have been killed in Libya.

Tim Hetherington, an Oscar-nominated filmmaker and photographer, and Chris Hondros, a Pulitzer Prize-nominated photographer, were killed in the city of Misrata after being hit by mortar fire during fighting between Muammar Gaddafi's forces and Libyan rebels. Two other photographers, Guy Martin and Chris Brown, were also injured.

Andre Liohn, a fellow photographer in Libya, was the first to report the news of Hetherington's death on his Facebook page.

Hetherington was a contributing photographer for Vanity Fair, and co-direc
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
War On Terrorism
edit on 20-4-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Man has anyone seen the movie Restrepo? remember where they show the movie about a US platoon in Afghanistan and the camp was named after a fallen comrade? Man this was very tragic. I'm really shocked when i really hear this guy died. The movie restropo was awesome. What do you guys think?

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I don't see how its any more tragic than the other people that are dying.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I have seen it and thought it was an amazing documentary. To answer the poster's question above, I don't think it is more important of a death than any other soldier who dies in combat by any means. But, with that said, he was an Oscar nominated director and that makes it notable. With Restrepo, he was trying to get the real story that was happening on the ground out to the public, and I felt that it did an excellent job at that. I'm sure that is what he was trying to do with the story in Libya too. My thoughts are with his family as well as the other person killed. Of course, my thoughts are also with any and every soldier fighting as well.....if that makes you happy mayabong.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Thanks for the news. Watched the entire thing on National Geographic channel and thought that it did a great job depicting troops in Afghanistan. Not trying to be anti troops or anything, but man watching that show made me realize. It confirmed my beliefs regaurding a lot of troops and how they act. Mid way through the episode what seemed to be very mentally troubled troops\kids, were explaining how cool it was to watch arab body parts flying different ways when shot. They also mentioned the bodies cut in half by the gun and how easy it was. These reminded me exactly of the troubled JROTC kids in high school. The kids who probably should have picked up a long list of meds and a religion instead of a gun. SF by the way great Journalists

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Shame that. I saw Restrepo. Thought it was brilliant and read the book Tim wrote as well. Obviously in the wrong place at the wrong time. I guess they kept that sense of invincibility they fostered while with american troops into Libya. Bad idea.

new topics

top topics

join