It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say Hello to ET (92 days and counting)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Hello sam inc,

Originally posted by sam_inc
hopefully in 92 days you'll be ban

With any luck it will be sooner LOL. Like in 83. At which point it won't matter as I will be leaving the Forum anyway on that day.
edit on 29-4-2011 by hiflier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by hiflier

hello im very curious were u get there coming. and have u noticed that almost every ufo has the exact same characteristics ass in shape color of lights red,yellow.white and they are popping up everywhere im seeing strange things at night time and i know alot about stars hell astronomy period please give me ur insight

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by hiflier

Its not a notice, that is a prayer that you hve posted.
Its a prayer.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I like this thread. Not sure why, but I just do. I'm going to keep checking in on it from time to time over the next couple of months. I guess time will tell

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Do they want me to bring cookies and milk? or are they allergic?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan
Do they want me to bring cookies and milk? or are they allergic?

Well, it certainly couldn't hurt. I know personally speaking, I for one, would not turn down a fresh baked cookie and a glass of skim milk. Yum
And if they can live on our planet, then I guess they eat the same stuff as us.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

I think the OP would agree that's not an unfair characterization. Whatever you think of his attempt, he's made it very clear many times that he's not predicting anything at all and not trying to.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

Did I make any comment in relation to the OP predicting something or indeed anything?
Did I?

Read my post.
The OP is a PRAYER.
Not a notice, or a prediction.
It is a prayer.
In the OP's case, it is a petitionary prayer.

Wether the OP thinks me unfair or not, is irrelevant.
Calling a spade a spade may irk you, but that is essentially what the OP is relating to. It is not a notice, nor a prediction but.........a prayer.

edit on 30/4/11 by atlasastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Hello atlasastro,

Originally posted by atlasastro

Did I make any comment in relation to the OP predicting something or indeed anything?
Did I?

Read my post.
The OP is a PRAYER.
It is a prayer.

Calling a spade a spade may irk you, but that is essentially what the OP is relating to. It is not a notice, nor a prediction but.........a prayer.

I most definitely do not think you unfair in the slightest. You actually wrote a great post which shows a good healthy insight and understanding of the announcement. You can certainly appreciate how tedious and hairsplitting an item like this can, and has, become. But that's the nature of things IMHO. And on that niote:

Praying, petitioning, asking, requesting, imploring, calling, entreating, fervently wishing. It really comes down to the individual's own lifestyle and life choices. What one uses as a term for this kind of endeavor is an artifact of one's own perception. And what category one wishes to place such an endeavor into for a better understanding of it's concept. Thank you for your post.

And all of you for your kind intellegence in truly pursuing this idea for any merit to humanity that it may possess.
edit on 30-4-2011 by hiflier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I will try to be impartial here, but hiflier, you must understand that we have these type of threads almost daily, blossom goodchild, the retired air force dude and many others, but like i said, i will try and be impartial because no matter the outcome of your predicted event i will be no worse off whether i believe you or not.

So i would like to ask you a few questions.

1) Are you a normal human being that through religouse or other means trying to call ET to our planet? or are you one of them?

2) If you are ET, where are you from?

3) If you are not ET please explain further on your findings and intel

4) If you are ET, are you in contact with them and could you make them show up at my house if i ask you?

Also you say:

I believe the time has come for us as a people to grow up and meet the neighbors. I believe the time has come to TRY and eliminate the questions we have been plagued with for decades regarding ET and their presence here.

I dont know about anyone else but i've been ready ever since i first seem them 13 years ago and on multiple occasions i've had unexplainable encounters, two night ago just after getting in bed and i swear i seen something fly over my house, my bed is right next to the window and i have a perfect view of the night sky, i rushed out of bed to look out the window on the opposite side of the house, hopeing to get a view of it flying off in the distance but there was nothing, i thought about making a thread here on ATS but i had no evidence and just my story, which could be fabricated and i could of just been hallucinating, but in my self i do believe because like i said, going back 13 years ago i was sat in the garden with my father on a summers evening, we were just having a few drinks and a chat, a completely normal evening, clear skys and you could see the stars, i spotted something moving across the sky which i thought was a shooting star, was much too fast for a plane and too far up, and i told my father to look, as i told him, he looked up and the light stopped, it looked exactly like a star, if i hadn't seen it moving previously i would have thought it was a star and just ignored it, you could not tell it apart from any other stars, it was not blinking, not changing colours and it was very very far in the sky, i told my father it had been moving, and about after 10 seconds after telling him, we both saw it, it shot off at an incredible speed and vanished out of sight and that night will forever stay with me and ever since then i have allways been a believer that we are not alone.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro

Did I?

Read my post.
The OP is a PRAYER.
It is a prayer.

edit on 30/4/11 by atlasastro because: (no reason given)

Oh my. I certainly didn't mean to be the cause of excessive line breaks and eye rolling. I'm not sure where this business about fairness enters into it, or why you think I'm irked, when I said I thought the OP would agree with you. But you seem to be posting in a volatile mode, and I feel sufficiently overkilled, so I'll leave you to enjoy your righteous indignation.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

this made me lol so hard i love Ghost busters references

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Hello Itop1,

Thanks for your post and I will answer truthfully.

1) I am a normal human being who believes that there are UFOs but does not believe in Aliens (I capitalize Alien out of my personal respect for believers- i.e. Humans). I have no religious connection to the announcement, I in fact did not author it. I've only posted it. Like stapling up a flyer onto a t-pole announcing a band playing somewhere. It's actually not in line with any beliefs that I have but I felt it was an important step to try in order to at least rule out this kind of worldwide telepathic approach. That way one can say let's try something else for ourselves like small groups pulling worldwide 24 hr. vigils with FILM cameras and FILM videos- not digital. Keep any efforts manageable in in the public domain. So the short answer is: no I'm not one of "them".

2) I am not ET. I am just T and glad to be here. I've learned much on these Forums. But I've also seen a ton of frustration and even bitterness and fear. But It does NOT have to continue. Folks just need to feel involved in the solution and take some action for themselves to BE involved in the solution. This is not to say that this event IS the solution for proving the existence of ET but I believe firmly that it is a step in the right direction to help people with a simple, individual effort, done as a whole, to engender the concept of taking ET matters into their own hands and at the public level.

3) My knowledge is growing but as I expand the UFO horizon I always sense that there's something missing in the whole thing. Something just out of reach. Something not quite solid. And as a person who prefers hard facts from being on an astronomy Forum I have refused to fill in the UFO voids with any opinions I may have, or speculation or by what others propose. No one IMHO knows any more than anyone else. But some will try to get money by saying they do. Not good and the money aspect breeds charlatans and hoaxters and book sales. None of it leads anywhere except to the bank. My own opinion if I was to have one at all.

4) I can't even get them to show up at MY house! Could be because, as a poster on one Forum stated, they know I don't believe in them. I'm still find myself wondering how that poster knows what ET knows and thinks. I think you get it though. Truth? He doesn't. This is the kind of stuff one runs into when trying to get to the real issues and the bottom of things so I understand and don't mind. There is indeed a lot of fear wrapped up around this issue and Hollywood is doing nothing but fueling it without thought to the public view. A totally heartless business approach that preys on believer's imaginations and only serves to freeze them in their tracks, too afraid to pursue any avenues toward truth beause of fears of invasions, being eaten, losing brains or the planet as a whole resulting in our extinction, pain, and death. It's pretty powerful stuff really and all but impossible to fight against, But fighting fear is something I must do as should we ALL! Again, my opinion.

I hope some of this helps.

Finally, I did not write the notice. And, just so you know, I believe the story about your sighting with your Father is very cool and thank you for sharing it. And yours forever.

Regards, hiflier.

edit on 30-4-2011 by hiflier because: mindless oversights, spelling, and additions. you know, stupid stuff

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by hiflier
Hello atlasastro,

Hello hiflier.

I most definitely do not think you unfair in the slightest.
Thank you, I would have thought as much.

You actually wrote a great post which shows a good healthy insight and understang of the announcement.
I have been keenly interested in the topic for many years, not to mention specifically the dominance of our contemporary paradigms and the effects these have had on traditional mythologies, religious and spiritual beliefs. I have been studying, for personal reasons, the trends in beliefs and behaviors in relation to Aliens/UFO's.

You can certainly appreciate how tedious and hairsplitting an item like this can, and has, become. But that's the nature of things IMHO.
To use a religious parable:You reap what you sow.
To be frank with you, I cannot appreciate how tedious and hairsplitting this has become, essentially because I rarely posts multiple threads on public forums reminding people that I have petitioned ET's.

Praying, petitioning, asking, requesting, imploring, calling, entreating, fervently wishing. Praying, petitioning, asking, requesting, imploring, calling, entreating, fervently wishing.It really comes down to the individual's own lifestyle and life choices.
Yes it does, I agree. More specifically though, with prayer or petitioning the differences will be that it involves a mythological figure, god, spirit or entity. This is what essentially makes it a prayer by definition.

What one uses as a term for this kind of endeavor is an artifact of one's own perception.
I agree, I guess a notice can become an artifact for the commonly known and referred to practice of praying.

And what category one wishes to place such an endeavor into for a better understanding of it's concept. Thank you for your post.

You are welcome.
I have a very interesting time studying the effects of science and technology on mythological and religious beliefs from a comparative perspective. That is why your thread interests me. I have noticed a trend where the dominance of our cultural paradigm is slowly creating a believable middleman(ET) that is culturally acceptable within the dominant paradigm. This has resulted in cultures updating their spiritual practices and beliefs(praying for example) in order to replace the more abstract and unknowable traditional myths and religious beliefs.

One of these updated practices include people Praying, petitioning, asking, requesting, imploring, calling, entreating, fervently wishing for ET to show up.

So I hope the above helps you understand what category I place your endeavors. I hope this creates some better understanding.

And all of you for your kind intellegence in truly pursuing this idea for any merit to humanity that it may possess.

The question really is: will it be answered? You have placed the importance onto an external entity. So any merit will originate from that source too. No merit will come if it is not answered, but of course you know that already.

Originally posted by hiflier

With any luck it will be sooner LOL. Like in 83. At which point it won't matter as I will be leaving the Forum anyway on that day.

post by hiflier

Good luck to you though, all the same, and thank you for you're reply.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru

Oh my. I certainly didn't mean to be the cause of excessive line breaks and eye rolling.
What makes you think you where the cause?

I'm not sure where this business about fairness enters into it
You injected it. Perhaps you might try think before you actually type.
Here is where you inject the issue you are now uncertain about.

Originally posted by sepermeru

I think the OP would agree that's not an unfair characterization.

I would hope that my eye rolling does not appear as an excessive reaction to such sheer stupidity.

, or why you think I'm irked,
Perhaps because you replied with inane an asinine banter, the context of which you then failed to even recall mere moments after posting.

when I said I thought the OP would agree with you. But you seem to be posting in a volatile mode, and I feel sufficiently overkilled, so I'll leave you to enjoy your righteous indignation.
I am not suprised you feel overkilled considering my reply was quite a simple question, which you fialed to answer and probably can't even remember anyway.
Your second reply is as irrelevant as your first and merely confirms my idignation and indeed supports my righteousness.
Thank You.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Hello atlas astro,

My hat is off to you, and I agree this is a fairly good landscape for your type of study. I do wish to point out that as a sociological endeavor, an effort by any participant could result in varying degrees pertaining to the quality of one's own self esteem as a positive result of having taken an active roll in helping to solve a public dilemna. That being the existence of ETs. And while prayer or the issue of prayer does conote a mythological or spiritual focus, it could be premature to apply the term WRT the possibility (although not probability IMO) of an Alien existence. In that, only time will tell, for belief has little to do with it other than serving to raise the very subject of ETs to the religious level. But for all intents I will grant that 7/20/2011, while not a prediction for an ET showing, IS based primarily by the author on belief. That's why it is directed toward believers and even skeptics. And since all avenues lead to zero this approach, while tried before, was generated utilizing modern communication capabilities to transport it into a world effort.

As an interested party it does lend and atmosphere of true personal search and involvement which I believe to be empowering. And may result in a technique and method of personal action that can be transposed to other areas of one's life when pursuing an issue in order to gain truth no matter what it may be. This is one of the many reasons I agreed to be involved. It is that important to me, being part of a larger idea that could have the potential of bettering the Human condition. The search for ET needs this concept via this event to move ahead from it's present state. The strength people gain from this experience has the potential of propelling the subject to a serious conclusion. This event is the tip of the proverbial iceberg for all the reasons given above.

Thank you for your response and the good wishes and much success in your own endeavors as well.
Regards, hiflier.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

That was a lot of effort just for apparently being unable to read the word "not" in a sentence. Not unfair. I said not unfair, and you said, as if I had accused you of being unfair, that you didn't care if he thought he was unfair. So you were agreeing with me, yet for some reason you seem sure you're not.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
In what page can I find evidence or proof that Aliens are coming?

Than you.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Hello Iamtheman,

Originally posted by iamtheman
In what page can I find evidence or proof that Aliens are coming?

Than you.

In this thread? There is none. In fact you won't find any proof of aliens at all, in this particular thread anyway. Hard irrefutable proof is the Holy Grail of the UFO community and so far I don't believe there is any.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
What Is happening

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join