It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do hotels only offer the bible?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I suppose it began with good intentions.

But nowadays, especially if they had the Koran ... well we wouldn't want some fundamentalist idiot starting a fire.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
In Hawaii they offer Buddha books...

Th dont just offer the bible... It has to do with where the hotel is locaed...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I've travelled extensively and never seen a bible in a hotel room.. Granted that I have not been to the USA yet.. but I wonder if it is more to do with Hotel group than hotels in general..

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

It really has a lot to do with the hotel and its geographical locaton.... I Hawaii, the same hotels which have bibles on the mainland have Buddha books on the island....

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Thanks for the info

I learn something new every day

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I used to work for a hotel in New Orleans and the Gideon people came by one day. They asked if the hotel had bibles in the rooms. The owner said no so they asked if he would mind if they gave us a bunch to put in the rooms. They were free and they didn't pay to have them put in there. They just brought a bunch of boxes in (full of bibles) and left. The guy also handed me a little pocket new testament.

I have joked about the Gideons since because they looked and acted just like how I would imagine the "men in black" would.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ceruleanblue

Your experience creeps me the hell out.

Humanity will never progress forward as long as these superstitions remain...."organized religion" is the bane of our existence. It is stifling logic and reason, and inhibiting our growth as a species.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I'm not quite sure what you mean. I'm not a christian or anything, but I fail to see anything deeper or more insidious than what is exactly on the surface. Notwithstanding ceruleanblue's allusions the men in black
, I doubt they're not hiding bugs or trackers in the Bibles.

It's this sort of thing that actually warms my heart. Their "zeal" and dedication might be misplaced (in my opinion), but they're not doing it for the money (Or are they? Do they get "Gideon Points" for each hotel they give Bibles to? I don't know). I don't see anything stifling my logic or reason, or inhibiting my growth or being the bane of my existence.

As for the original topic question, it's probably location specific. You probably won't find many Bibles in hotels in India, for example. And as for not having other books...I don't really see it as an issue. They'd have to start dedicating entire shelves in the hotel-rooms just to house all the possible religion's books?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join