It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was accepted into the masons, what next?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Well all it has been a while since i wrote, but i was accepted into the masonic order, and will be going into my initiation on a day this week.
im wondering what it will be like,and what to expect, having heard of the recent murder at a new york lodge during initiation. Should i be worried? What exactly is to be expected? Do some lodges do different things depending on the lodge?

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Get ready to have a knife put to your thoat, fed BS for years, and hoodwinked till you cant take it any longer. Then one day you wont be able to take it any longer, and start spewing your guts on a internet bullitin board, anynoumsly.........So they dont use the knife on you!!!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Congrats. Hopefully I won't be far behind you.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Do nothing, the experience will be much more memorable than if you try to get a inside scoop. Make sure you're not tired, or hungry (especially if the Lodge dines after the Communication vice before) and remember this is being done for you, the assembly of Ritual talent is there to confer upon you a hard practiced, precise, ancient Degree, as all who have gone before you... appreciate it.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
Get ready to have a knife put to your thoat, fed BS for years, and hoodwinked till you cant take it any longer. Then one day you wont be able to take it any longer, and start spewing your guts on a internet bullitin board, anynoumsly.........So they dont use the knife on you!!!!!

Good to see the completely ignorant have not failed to take the time to "help" you out. Remember this post when you have completed your First Degree, and you'll know why the rest of us are laughing.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
only advice I would give is to keep your ears open and listen carefully. congratulations

[edit on 27-7-2004 by nwscc]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
in deed, go in knowing little, it is meant to be experienced this way. and do listen closely and take it all in, you'll be sure to hear it again in the future. you are about to embark on a life long adventure and you will never forget the first steps you are about to take

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Hmm, let�s see, Freemasonry, initial degrees� ah yes, here we go:

First, you will be blindfolded, and led into a darkened room, then:

- You will be spun around in circles until you�re very, very dizzy
- You will be forced to swear an oath of silence on pain of death
- You will be forced to touch a dead body
- You will have a ritual wig placed upon your head
- You will be forced to recite the Lord�s Prayer backwards
- You will be spun around in the opposite direction
- You will be forced to swear to Beelzebub
- You must then swear to Azrael Abyss, Prince of Sorrow
- Then the Brothers will line up and paddle you silly
- Then�

Oh wait, that was Beta Sigma Tipsilon. Never mind.

I was in DeMolay for a while as kid. Granted, it�s not the �senior varsity�, but is, as best I can tell, conducted similarly.

The not-so-titillating truth (at least based on what I saw and know about masons) is that you can expect to be treated to some elaborate ritual plays that are very deferential to God (no, not �Lucifer�), rich with ancient symbolism that actually conveys a useful message, and in the company of some of the finest and most upstanding people you are likely to meet anywhere.

Enjoy the show!

(P.S. If they make you swear to the Devil, let me know, you probably wandered into the wrong building.)

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Ask where they keep the aliens!

[edit on 7/27/2004 by lockheed]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orangemonkey
Well all it has been a while since i wrote, but i was accepted into the masonic order, and will be going into my initiation on a day this week.
im wondering what it will be like,and what to expect, having heard of the recent murder at a new york lodge during initiation. Should i be worried? What exactly is to be expected? Do some lodges do different things depending on the lodge?

Congratulations!
I think your heart should be completely in it before you allow yourself to be initiated, much less accepted. And also posting such concerns on a"conspiracy website" is a bit unusual to me, unless you are actually looking for some negative propaganda on the craft.

I'm not an advocate of Freemasonry, but I'd have to say that not one hair on your head will be harmed. Otherwise you wouldn't have made the decision to join.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strigoi
in deed, go in knowing little, it is meant to be experienced this way. and do listen closely and take it all in, you'll be sure to hear it again in the future. you are about to embark on a life long adventure and you will never forget the first steps you are about to take

Is there a masonry equivalent for women? I've looked at masonry sites and I've seen their youth site (can't think of the name). Is there something for women?

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orangemonkey

The Masonic ceremony of initiation is a very ancient, dignified, and meaningful rite. You will experience the same ceremonial as all Brethren who have gone before you, including George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, Mozart, Voltaire, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, and Buffalo Bill.

There is no violence or hazing in Masonic intiation, and the incident that occured in New York was not a Masonic ceremony (it was a local club that rented the Masonic building).

Congratulations on your acceptance, enjoy the journey!

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 03:53 AM
link   
It is your night to enjoy the experience of becoming a Brother in a World wide fraternity. Every Freemason who posts here will remember the night when they did their first degree. Enjoy your night as you have nothing to fear except fear itself. When you become a Freemason you begin a life of adventure. I have been fortunate to see Masonic meetings in the USA and Canada. In Brief the World is your oyster.
Gerard

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Losonczy
Is there a masonry equivalent for women?

The Order of the Eastern Star
www.easternstar.org...

Congrats on getting accepted. Nothing to worry about in the initiation. It is an ancient ceremony that will teach you tons. Just go with the flow.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Be well nourished, and rested befrore your initiation. Pay attention, use your ears and remember what you hear said and done. Follow the directions given to you. Relax, and enjoy the ritual.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Time to ride the goat

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
dude! ask him if they know this one mason guy! he drinks a whole lot! they should know who he is. and. congratulations! oh and ask them if the aliens are planning a secret war against us! and if the movie fire in the sky was real or a hoax!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
You have asked a valid question... however, one thing you can count on is folks that know how to type but don't have two brain cells to rub together sending you stupid posts....

Follow your guide, and fear not what man can do unto you...

Welcome to the fraternity, my brother! You will NEVER meet a better group of more honorable men in your life.

TN1

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Hello my friend,

how are you doing?? Well??

Feel free to enjoy the last day of your freedom!!!!

That's all!!! THE END OF YOUR FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is nothing more valuable in this life, than freedom itself, it's more valuable even from life itself. And when i mean freedom i say all types of it:

Personal, financial, academic and spirituall.

Do you know what someone said some decades ago??

'' The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits!!!!!'

On the other hand if you are telling the truth and not try to gain so information, i hope some day you find the way out, i really do, eventhough is very-very difficult.

A weak physicist.......

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by lockheed
Ask where they keep the aliens!

[edit on 7/27/2004 by lockheed]

huh....deny ignorance you remember?????

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join