It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I need some help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Well, Junior year is rolling around in my High School career and I must say I have changed my outlook in these past two years. When I was first entering HS, I knew that I wanted to be a doctor. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Later on I got introduced to the world of physics, metaphysics, psychology, and especially conspiracy theory which completely altered my outlook on life. No longer did I want to be a doctor, no longer did I care for making the money or becoming another product of big pharma. Plus, my recent studies in biology and anatomy told me I hated this subject with a passion

Anyways, I was wondering if you guys would help me find a career of interest I would want to aim for. The reason I ask is because I believe my grades have been slipping due to just roaming around with no clue in tact of what I want to do.

My interests are physics, math, psychology, music (from playing instruments to being a producer). I am a very social person perhaps.I don't mind a challenge, in fact I would love to have a career that pushes my potential.

I was rated an ENFP by the Meyers Briggs test, if that helps.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone helped me out
!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by prolific

Well, Only you can really decide on a career. Chill, take it easy. You still have time to think this over.
I'm betting that even if you make up your mind this year, you will change it next year.
That aside, I would say become an architect. Build something great.
Or maybe a physicist? Physics has always boggled my mind.

edit on 20-4-2011 by PoopDawg because: (no reason given)

link   

a Sweeper is a good Job, much to do about being a sweeper, much to see. enjoy a lifetime of contemplation .

good luck anyway. best not to think to far ahead , its usually only a few of us that get the jobs we want, sincerely, find something you love doing and all the rest will follow

dustpanandbrushbox

link   
My brother is graduating this year from his high school and these thoughts have crossed his mind also but i have been informing him of things that think that are important right now and his conclusion has been decided at culinary arts. There is something to think about.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by PoopDawg

Yeah I know I'm the only one that can, I was just hoping someone could throw in some ideas. The only reason I can't chill about this is because my grades are slipping because I have no educational goal, thus no motivation really.

I'm not worked up about it, I just think its time to walk around this subject a little more seriously.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Find something your passionate about and do volunteer work in that field. Employers love that and you are young. Great learning experience!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Well I have been in college since 07 and have constantly changed my majors. First was electrical engineering, then history, then elec. eng., then to film and to sociology. Most students go in undecided and once you start taking courses on you major or even basics like Math and Chemistry, you might find that you really dont enjoy them. I loved math in high school, now I love english classes and sociology.

It's difficult for someone to give advise on what to be. I would suggest you take a Math course or Chemistry your first or second semester and see how much you enjoy it at the college level.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Stringycheeseman

I'm not going to college though.

3rd

Edit: next year, woops

edit on 20-4-2011 by prolific because: 2

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I would suggest learning something about hypnosis as I find it a very interesting subject and you hear interesting sentences like 'consciously you are thinking of a problem in your life while unconsciously your brain is providing you with creative solutions which you may not even be aware of and its not important for a part of you to relax and take it easy and learn that life is something to be enjoyed and not fought against ect'

Only recently I met someone who described something similar and they said to me that there were really glad to ask for help and many people gave lots of positive words but you know, in the end it was my own brain which provided the answers - I don't know if this will provide all the answers your looksing for who knows but I do know interesting things can happen in life.

Peace

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
You're a junior in high school? While it is good that you are considering what direction you will take upon graduation, there is no need to stress about making a decision, right now. The first two years of university will be consumed with general education credits anyway, so you still have 4 years before declaring a major. At this point in time, focus on taking the courses that will give you the most future opportunity (math, sciences, etc.) and do not let the grades slip.

edit on 20-4-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Try quantum physics

Good luck in cracking the mystery and also in finding your place.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

edit on 20-4-2011 by LadySkadi because: ETA: miss-post, sorry

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

As in. I am not going to college next year.

I might want to rephrase that

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
None of this reads like someone asking for advice.
It's more of a notification. We are being notified
that this student is not going to be a doctor,
not going to college, and not taking advice.

Continuing to offer advice is just going
to play into the hardening of their
position that no one can tell
them what to do or why.

This thread is training
for self justification.

David Grouchy

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

haha 4 years of brainwashing...sorry my humour...dont stress your young and it dissapears very quickly

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy
None of this reads like someone asking for advice.
It's more of a notification. We are being notified
that this student is not going to be a doctor,
not going to college, and not taking advice.

Continuing to offer advice is just going
to play into the hardening of their
position that no one can tell
them what to do or why.

This thread is training
for self justification.

David Grouchy

I think you might be right my friend.

Thank you for the insight.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

edit on 20-4-2011 by LadySkadi because:
nvm

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

This is what college is for and why they make you take mulitudes of classes outside your chosen degree. You don't need to declare a major right away so spend the first year just taking a wide variety of things until you find one you like. Since your interested in math start with that but take some history, language, bio, chemistry, geology, political science....your options are quite open to you so don't rush it.

top topics

join