It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Skeleton Key

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Has anyone here seen this movie?

Do you think it is possible that one "soul" or spiritual body, can assume another persons body while he takes on the old one?

Now. If you believe in ideas like Astral Travel, and higher, subtler forms of existence, than i dont see why this is impossible. I imagine that it would probably have to be facilitated by a demon of some sort. And the moral consequences of such an evil and reprehensible action would be severe, but nonetheless, i would probably surmise that this is possible. '

What do you think?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I did read a while ago in a book on the darker aspects of magick, that a soul can be driven out of it's body whilst under the influence of some drug or other.
Then another sould could take over and inhabit the vacated body, leaving the original soul, or spirit in some kind of limbo, but I'm not sure as to the validity of this practice.

The scenario was of an older magician who was nearing the end of his life, and he decided to continue his existence using the above method.

This wasn't a storybook, but an apparrently serious study.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I was in hospital last year and my room was the only one with a spare bed in it. A woman was brought in from another ward and I then shared with her. The first night, I woke up as she was trying to get into my bed.. She was crying her eyes out and I felt sorry, she was all alone in the world and in her early 70s'. I got her back into her bed, sat talking for a while and got back into mine.

The following night, to discourange her from leaving her own bed I drew the curtains around my bed. Suddenly in the middle of the night, I heard this horrible deep voice talking to itself. Next my curtains were moving as the women from the bed next to me, but with the voice of a man, did her damnest to find a break in the curtains. In the end she grabbed my arm and with a tirade that would have made a barrow boy smart, she tried to pull me off the bed. I pressed the button and along flew the nurses and she was 'helped' out of the room still using a man's voice. She was quite frail physically but when she grabbed me, she was incredibly strong. I know the nurses were both freaked I was initially but absolutly fascinated afterwards.

Don't know if that would fit with your thoughts it could have been a multiple personality manifesting but several others had had problems with her during the day and the concensus was just plain evil. Don't know her background or the ward she had been moved from. Do know she was taken to another hospital the following day of my episode.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I have witnessed possession of a couple. The key to entry i believe was their depression and diet. I am talking vocal changes eye flares, Serpent lisps the whole shebang right down to going psycho with a claymore.
The keys to the mind in telepathy are simple I word empathy.
Disembodied spirits, energy, constucts,whatever you want to reference it as can access or bipass the defenses of a sleep deprived,excercies diet and depressed person. The pain body can be created by a human as a construct they begin to identify with and like the ego construct it can control their consciousness.

The watcher the observer the real you then begins to think it is this invader or construct and therefore forgets its unbounded nature, hence it gets imprisoned and controlled in a box of conditions that are not evolutionary and often carry destructive tenancies.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Watching this movie is how I first learned that there is something called Hoodoo which is said to be distinct from Vodou or Vodoun (it seems that the terminology "Voodoo" is a combination of Vodou and Hoodoo).

Now even though many practices which are apparently derived from Yoruba, are considered by the Gnostic Movement to be negative (like Hoodoo, Obeah, and Santeria); the Gnostic Movement (the real one, not the so-called "Gnostic Movement" that's "®" by Mark Pritchard) seems to accept Yoruba itself as a Religion that is originally from the White Lodge.

Anyway, in Tantric Buddhism–particularly in the Six Yogas of Naropa–there is a practice called "Transference of Consciousness" or Phowa or Powa in Tibetan, which has various aspects, one of them being the Transference of Consciousness (Grong-Jug) from one's body to a dead physical body that has recently deceased (perhaps I'll post more links if I have time later).

There are some Theosophical books which might explain Phowa in relation to Transference of Consciousness to a live physical body.

However, this should not necessarily be confused with ordinary "channeling" or mediumism.

edit on 20-4-2011 by Tamahu because: edited link

new topics

top topics

join