It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medicare eliminated last wk for those born after 1957?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
JUST GOT A E-MAIL FROM MOVEON.ORG STATING A VOTE ON A NEW BUDGET which all but 4 house republicans voted on??????//
any of you who were born after 1957 better get off your butts and quit laying down for big brother nwo
If you dont think this stuff is important, wait till you are old ,lonely, spouse or husband sick with no money. Then you will wish you did something.
go to moveon.org and get the info, and who to call and protest
They are calling for people in and around kentucky to personally show up at represenative geoff davis to protest this action
anybody not close enough to make it in person can call the number posted there[moveon.org
The ones who dont give a crap about the less fortunate in this world---go back to grazing like a sheep

Mod Edit: All Caps In Title – Please Review This Link.
edit on 20/4/2011 by Sauron because: all caps in title to lower case

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by itsawild1

I went to Moveon.org to find out what you are talking about and found this vid:

Moveon.org

OK, I just watched it and it doesn't provide any proof that anyone cut Medicare for people over a certain age.

This looks like typical partisan fear tactics to me.

Show me some proof and maybe I'll believe. A thirty second commercial could claim anything but, are you just gonna take their word for it or look up the facts for yourself?
edit on 4/20/11 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

There's a lot of problems and deceit with this ad, as you can review here at politifact, first off.

Secondly, without some big changes that, yes, unfortunately will sting a little bit, instead of seeing some re-working of entitlement programs like this, we'll instead see the financial collapse of the US with us defaulting on our debt obligations - and that gets a LOT worse for a lot MORE people.

Anyway, here's Politifact's summary of their review of this ad -

Our ruling Both Republicans and Democrats would no doubt agree that Ryan’s plan for Medicare is a dramatic change of course. But we don’t agree with the ad’s contention that the proposal ends Medicare. Additionally, images in the ad imply that current seniors will have to go back to work to pay for changes to the program. That’s not true either. It’s actually those 54 and younger who will need extra money. With its scenes of seniors going back to work, it seems intended to frighten those who are currently enrolled in Medicare. Finally, the Republicans' vote was symbolic and didn’t actually change the program. When you add up all those distortions, we find the ad highly misleading. The ad’s aged firefighter says, "Did someone call the fire department? Because it's about to get HOT in here!" We agree. Pants on Fire!

Be well, friend.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

DNC Talking Point. Odd that Obama would campaign here
Nice try though.

If you oppose Obama you hate old people and children. That is just as tired, old and just plain slanderous as any other Partisan nonsense. Equal to the Race Baiting and spreading of hate the DNC and Obama are famous for.

I'm just as offended as an Independent as I suspect anyone who opposes Obama for good reason is. You going to call me, who is just as critical of the Republican Partisans a Racist now? Go ahead, you know it's your plan.
Divide and conquer is becoming way to transparent and just as tedious as those who spread talking points, hate and divisiveness.

Keep it up as this kind of fear mongering may cost Obama his Office. You folks don't know when the gig is up. Closed minded haters never do.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
moveon.org does one really need to say anything else here?

fully funded by democrats for democrats to fear monger without any basis in fact.

carry on keep perpetuating the great divisions present in this country like it was said to divide and conquer to maintain congressional power.

meh

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
If they want to cut cost of sickness care, they should do something about promoting Health.
Such as, mandating that all the poisons be taken out of our food.

Don't you wonder why they were unneccessary years ago?'
YOu used to be able to buy canned soups with only the main ingredients in them. Now there is a whole list of additives. Why is this needed? A lot of mischief is hidden under the name "natural flavorings" which makes you think that the chicken soup is flavored with chicken.

Food animals should not be living shoulder to shoulder and wading in their own feces.
Food crops should not have tons of pesticides poured on them.

There are some 80,000 synthetic chemcals registered, many of which are in every facet of our lives.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
my husband is old enough, this won't affect him, I'm three years younger than him, and it will affect me...
so, please enlighten me, just how is those few extra years suppose to enable me to afford what he can't, especially when his unemployment check is more than I earn on my job???

ya, turn into a needs based system, and I can work till I drop dead, and still be paying taxes to be used to provide medical care for a bunch of kids that dad doesn't want to pay child support for, and mom doesn't want to work to provide for.....hey, then after I come home from work, I suppose the kids will think that they can drop these kids off at my doorstep to watch and they have a night out on the town, right??

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

I feel your pain, sister, but you can blame the people of this country over the last 80 years or so as well as the jackals in Washington for landing us where we're at. Pain and austerity is coming, it's just a matter of how soon and how much.

Moves like this gives us some time with things as they are, and start to work toward fixing these problems. Some re-working of the programs might help mitigate the damages these $100 trillion gorillas can do. To be honest, without more significant reworking - even if implemented - this alone would be nowhere near enough.

Of course, they definitely need to slaughter the sacred cows and cut into so-called defense spending. First off, there's nothing defensive about intruding in everyone else's business and spending MORE on your military than the rest of the world *combined* does. The drug war needs to go as well. Regardless, the entitlement programs are currently unfeasible as well as inefficient.

The other option is to just carry on with things like they are and watch the wheels fall off. This leads to debt default, program collapse, and pretty much the undoing of almost anything you'd recognize as the US. It's a hard spot we've landed ourselves in, and I think the reality of our situation will become a much more significant issue well before you have to worry about this token gesture effecting you.

So don't worry, be happy! - and smart. Cut the fat out of your budgetary diet, get out of debt, and live sensibly. Our nation must start doing the same soon, and these changes will be drastic. At this point, they're just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

you do realize that social security is one of the biggest creditors of the US, right?? and that many of the other pension programs and such are also big investors, right....so well, everyone is quick to jump at the social security/medicaid.......but well,
you do realize....that your pension, your ira, will also not be there if you are a late boomer.
the pensions are heavily invested in treasury bonds....if the gov't isn't gonna honor the bonds the social security holds, why should they honor the bonds the pensions hold???and well, any money that you might have in an ira, ect....invested in the stock market, think about it, all those older brothers and sisters will be drawing on theirs long before you will be able to, and well....it's gonna be much worse than having china dumping their bonds enmass on the market!!

the simple fact is....
we, the american people, the american businesses, our gov't, well....
we can't afford this malfuctioning healthcare system!!!
if other countries, like brazil can provide what is basically equal service at such a cheaper cost that americans find it more affordable taking a vacation there and getting treatment, it doesn't seem possible to me that there is any reason, outside of all the parasites that have attached themselves into the system between patient and doctors wanting a massive cut of all the cash flowing through, for the costs to be so danged high!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
A 22 shell is 10cents give or take...........that is the cheapest way. Forget medicare.........no one cares. We will all be killed, starved, nuked, shot, burned, head-chopped, tsunami'd, or taken by aliens. Take your pick\
...like I said an 22 shell to the brain when you are no longer profitable.......is the cheapest. Or give em all cancer so the medical establishment can make money on what medicare is left.........I mean everyone gets catarct and knee surgery for free basically now.................in 10 years or less those of us who paid for thems today.........there won't be any moneys left for us................ahhhh all we have is these here bullets, now line up nicely children. We are gonna make it cheaper for the rich kids because there is only so much to go around you know..........now that you are worth more dead than alive........bye now. WE robbed, stole and TOOK your retirement, your health care, your homes, your health...........NOW your stupid life. BANG!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

you do realize that social security is one of the biggest creditors of the US, right?? and that many of the other pension programs and such are also big investors, right....so well, everyone is quick to jump at the social security/medicaid.......but well,
you do realize....that your pension, your ira, will also not be there if you are a late boomer.
the pensions are heavily invested in treasury bonds....if the gov't isn't gonna honor the bonds the social security holds, why should they honor the bonds the pensions hold???and well, any money that you might have in an ira, ect....invested in the stock market, think about it, all those older brothers and sisters will be drawing on theirs long before you will be able to, and well....it's gonna be much worse than having china dumping their bonds enmass on the market!!

We'll just call me nihilistic on this topic and leave it at that. I'm personally not planning on any of that being there for me to rely on.

the simple fact is....
we, the american people, the american businesses, our gov't, well....
we can't afford this malfuctioning healthcare system!!!
if other countries, like brazil can provide what is basically equal service at such a cheaper cost that americans find it more affordable taking a vacation there and getting treatment, it doesn't seem possible to me that there is any reason, outside of all the parasites that have attached themselves into the system between patient and doctors wanting a massive cut of all the cash flowing through, for the costs to be so danged high!!!

Agreed. This ultimately goes back to what I said about all the other spending we need to attack. It's definitely not my area of expertise, but I really don't understand why we couldn't - once we cut all the other spending that is not benefiting us (and there's a LOT of it) - just say all doctors are now paid directly by the government at a reasonable but very decent livable wage? I know that gets into various regulatory issues, but we've got plenty of other federal employees it seems to work out well for.

Hopefully someone with more understanding on the problems with that idea can clarify for me, but on the face, it sounds entirely reasonable.

Otherwise, I think you've got to cut the government more or less completely out of it. Quash the HMOs, get insurance as far out of it as you can. My understanding is that in the past when doctors just collected their payment at the time service was provided and just dealt with everything directly at their office instead of having certain various requirements of treatment and paperwork to send for every patient and god knows what all else, unnecessary services were avoided and doctors on the free market compared for business through price competition - I could be completely wrong on that as well, but some time back I read articles about doctors who were taking themselves out of the insurance system and dealing in cash who were providing more comprehensive treatment, seeing more patients, and I believe making as much or more than normal.

This reserved insurance for actual catastrophic issues at much lower premiums, as well. I don't know...it just sounds like we could definitely be doing so much better in some easy ways, though.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I've read similar stories, once they cut the insurance out of the picture, they could offer affordable healthcare that their patients could live with....
personally, I like that idea....I don't think the insurance companies do though, and well, the republican plan just plans on giving a subsidy (on a need basis) to the senior, who can go out and use it to do what???
oh, ya, give it to an insurance company......
the american taxpayer gives grants to pay for the training of the healthcare professionals, they give grants for the medical research, grants for the drug research, and oh, ya, we now have the gov't testing the drugs for them, paying for the "poor's" healthcare, and of course, paying huge sums of money to these insurance companies for most of the children. if you ask me, we have already paid for our healthcare!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

People who have worked their entire life, retired and/or have no self induced diseases (alcoholic liver problems, diabetes, obesity, smoking) should be left alone. Instead let's make the people trading their welfare benefits (in many dif. ways) for alcohol and drugs straighten up first. And let's do it before granny and pawpaw are living in the street without medical coverage. Entitlements are out of control, I fully agree that cuts should be made. I believe cuts should start at the top, and encompass the entire spectrum of people/companies/taxes. A complete change is needed, yes it would be weird to throw materialism to the side, but the results would be worth it. Defense is a crucial issue though, I'd love to say !Abolish war! Use that money for saving children! As soon as we do that every America hating group/country out there will start bombing us--you know this is true. We should pull out of other countries (they hate us, they kill us, they don't like our companies, let them do for themselves)(plus we are there for more noxious reasons than to help institute democracy) and stop the rampant systematic abuse inside our own government first.
That is undoubtedly the largest entitlement program out there (I'd surely like to set my own salary and surf the web while at work!), cut commitees, cut pay, cut freebies (like first class flights, laptops, suites), just as they are asking the American public to do. Leading by example!

That all being said, I am @ 20 pounds overweight myself, I drink alcohol, I smoke--and yes I realize what I said would mean to me. I grow a garden, it's cheaper than groceries no 2 ways about it, and it's easy! We aren't rich by a long shot, and we've taken some hits on income lifestyle etc, but we're luckier than most. And I say if you can afford to take little Johnny and Sally to a waterpark, you can afford to help a neighbor or a family member. This is the crucial reason we are coming undone--greed and laziness (it's never someones own fault, no matter what they did). 450,000 houses, loans loans loans, credit cards-the easy way out. Come on people, buckle down for real, before it's too late. Yes i realize sometimes it's actually not their own fault-but we need to relearn the difference.

Gets off soap box.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Sigh
I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but personal responsibility? Here is an ad, paid in full by the progressives who think that nobody can survive without the government. A person can't eat, breathe, think, live, move, work, shop, spend, etc without the government taking care of them.

Enough already! Our unique American society affords us the ability to do as we please. Granted, there are consequences for your actions, but in a free society that's what you risk. This isn't about providing help, this is about the fundamental change of our unique and wonderful society. It drives me absolutely crazy to have people want to change that when examples of that "change" are in plenty of countries to choose from.
edit on 21-4-2011 by beezzer because: Someone elses fault

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

free?? wonderful???
where are you living???
the change has occurred and destroyed all that already!!!
when a family of five can have both parents working their tails off, paying taxes every which way and another, and well, still come up so short on funds that they can't even keep up with the welfare non-workers....
hey, there's no freedom , live isn't that wonderful, and well.....
you are just the feed for the rich and the poor....sorry....
I'm not gonna be the feed until I am 80 or 90!!!
let the rich and the poor feed off someone else!!!
or hey, here's an idea, let them actually do a honest day's work for a change....

new topics

top topics

join