It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are symptoms of demonic possession?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
There's already a plethora of expectations around this topic. If you take the description literally there must be 'something' quantifiable and available for scrutiny. Without this, there's only hot air however convicted.
If you try and shift from the already well built 'demon posessed' and what the description makes in minds...(1) Ask what is it specifically I am talking about ? (2) Is there a possibility that what I expect could not be anything at all near the truth? (3) If the truth presented itself and was quantifiable, open to scrutiny etc. would this be the first time ever that such phenomena /intention had appeared to a human being? (4) Ask yourself whether it's possible that because you already expect such and such to be the case that you might have missed something significant along the way...

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
if you have ever seen the movie The Exorcist Reagan has all the symptoms. The people making the movie studied what all the symptoms were and all that stuff so the movie was pretty accurate.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
eyes rolled back in the head
frothing at the mouth
speaking in tongues (other languages and unintelligible dialects0
body contortions
siezures
paranormal activities around the person

ummm that's all i can think of.

Take away paranormal activities and replace speaking in other languages with mumbling, and that reads exactly like the symptoms of... a rabies infection.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
i think demonic possesions can be real. ive seen footage of women being tied to chairs then all of a sudden describing an inner suffering/like pain and then their voices change as they shake and bark with anger. a totally different side which is indeed inhuman.

when i watched it i actually got scared and tried to deny that the possibility is real. unfortunately, it is. in some people it can happen.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   

You will get these

You Forgot, Heading spinning round in a full circle and throwing a preist
out a window

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   
lsd lsd lsd lsd lsd lsd lsd lsd lsd
lsd lsd lsd lsd
lsd lsd lsd lsd

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Hmm I'm kinda impartial to the idea that god(s), angels and demons are actually just beings from elsewhere...aliens. So a demon would be a bad alien? meh maybe just having a bad day. But would that demon/alien be able to imprint himself into your being or take over your mind through some kind of clarivoynt power or technology. Well, considering how frggin huge the universe is I would have to say sure, why not.

*I remember a few times when I was, well I thought I was, half-asleep and the bed would shake. I was pretty sure I wasnt dreaming and also pretty sure it did shake. But, i'm still a nice guy.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 05:24 AM
link   
We have all seen the exorcist.

Two major symtoms:

1. Spinning head. The head spins right round 360 degrees.

2. Vomiting green ectoplasm. Spray of ectoplasm across the room.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by topsecretombomb
i think demonic possesions can be real. ive seen footage of women being tied to chairs then all of a sudden describing an inner suffering/like pain and then their voices change as they shake and bark with anger. a totally different side which is indeed inhuman.

when i watched it i actually got scared and tried to deny that the possibility is real. unfortunately, it is. in some people it can happen.

I've seen Marines fighting because they each think the other stole their tiny pink elephants. They were ready to go to blows. Then they got sad that their elephants were gone and started crying. Then they found their little pets under their seats, and were as happy as children as they petted and stroked them. These guys were under hypnosis as part of a magic show.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I think you will see a few symptoms of demonic possession if you are 'lucky' enough to be in the USA and start watching the new TV series 'Desperate Housewives' that is due to start soon [and is apparently wonderful drama according to many early reviews]....

Unfortunately, one of the most common effects of demon possession is the blinding of humanity's mind to the truth of demonic activity!

Get the mind of the people full of everything apart from the truth....

Evil can be incredibly subtle.

And then when evil actually gets nasty, very few people are able to believe it has a supernatural aspect at all.

Just a few thoughts.

illimey

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
In demonic possestion, you will start seeing disturbing dreams almost daily, sense of presense around you, sleepwalking, feeling of extreme lonelyness, sudden urges of commiting violence againce loved ones, bloated stomach, sleep paralysis, having moments where u break someones nose but don't remember doing it, being extremely accident prone, dislike of anything spiritual done around you, homosexual thoughts if possesed by a demon of opposed sex.. in extreme cases of possesion, women will have irregular periods as thier reproductive system gets messed up along with other symptoms, miscarages, irritations in the vagina, dark blood during their periods etc..

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strigoi
if i may ask, why do you need to know?

I'm also curious to hear the answer.

Subtlety was a good answer. A big mistake I think many of us make is saying "Demonic possession is this: A.) B.) C.)" Although I'm sure people can relate similar experiences, there's no point in trying to 'out-smart' demonic forces. If they'd like to be creative in inducing their experiences, most certainly they could. They've been around a lot longer than we have and it's like asking what crime a criminal would commit before they do it.

[edit on 14-5-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Had a disturbing dream last night, was wrestling a Demon and trying to drag it into the light. The Dream was different from regular dream,I was in a Modern hotel room in the dark, but I could sense with a panic, someone was in the room with me, something horrible and alien, something trying to invade me. Horrible buzzing voices..I reached for the lamp and it wouldn't turn on, tried another then another, none of them would light. I was in this things realm and I was trying to rid myself of it or escape, I managed to drag it into the hall, we fought in the hall, some elderly couple in the hallway saw us wrestling, managed to drag it down the hall woke up just as I managed to drag it into the light, guess the timing saved me woke up thinking wow dark forces really exist. It ended at daylight with me opening my eyes and seeing I managed to drag it into the light and it left me.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Had a disturbing dream last night, was wrestling a Demon and trying to drag it into the light. The Dream was different from regular dream,I was in a Modern hotel room in the dark, but I could sense with a panic, someone was in the room with me, something horrible and alien, something trying to invade me. Horrible buzzing voices..I reached for the lamp and it wouldn't turn on, tried another then another, none of them would light. I was in this things realm and I was trying to rid myself of it or escape, I managed to drag it into the hall, we fought in the hall, some elderly couple in the hallway saw us wrestling, managed to drag it down the hall woke up just as I managed to drag it into the light, guess the timing saved me woke up thinking wow dark forces really exist. It ended at daylight with me opening my eyes and seeing I managed to drag it into the light and it left me.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
........A wife that goes off on psychotic episodes..................

if i could give you a a hundrd stars i would

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I believe that one of the symtoms is playing Pogo.com games to much.

And eating to much junk food.

drinking to much beer.

and to much sex.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
I believe that one of the symtoms is playing Pogo.com games to much.

Pogo.com games can wreck your PC, downloads a bunch of ads and junk that have all your processes running full tilt. Mother-in-law's hard-drive was all jacked up by playing slingo on it. Friend also had similar issues.

And eating to much junk food.

This can actually seriously alter sleep patterns, especially if you eat garbage two hours before trying to sleep and don't do the exercise to burn off the sugar.

drinking to much beer.

Liver failure and foot-in-mouth disease.

and to much sex.

I heard it's physically healthy for a married couple. Heart rate up, exercise, etc. Not healthy financially if you have more kids than salary can support.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Cassie Clay

Until you can demonstrate it can, your hypothesis is unfounded guesswork. If we accept that as plausible, we have to accept every single other baseless hypothesis as equally valid. Until evidence is gathered for your hypothesis, it's useless, as it can't be used to predict outcomes or to understand anything, as it's unproven.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by blacman2k6

The most prominent symptom of demonic possession is when you ask on a discussion board, "What are the symptoms of demonic possession."

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
According to Malachi Martin (who should know something about the subject), a couple of the signs of possession are:

1) speaking languages unknown to the person, especially ancient or dead languages (aramaic, latin, etc.)

2) An aversion to being around anything considered holy (crosses, crucifixions, bibles, etc.). This aversion will be displayed, EVEN WHEN THE PERSON SHOULD NOT KNOW THE OBJECT IS THERE. One example Malachi Martin gave was in a exorcism where they hid a cross under the bed while the person was out of the room, and the person knew immediately it was there.

3) Knowing certain things the person should not, and could not know, especially things that happened in the past to other people.

4) Marks, scratches, and/or writing that appear on the persons flesh. (Please note: This is the easiest one to be faked, but it is a legitimate sign)

Additionally, Malachi Martin said that there are those that are partially possessed, and those that are "perfectly possessed". He said that cases of "perfect possession" are almost impossible to perform an exorcism on, because the demon is there with the explicit permission of the person being possessed. The "perfectly possessed" will display almost NO signs of being under possession, and will fit in with everyday society, albeit they will manifest truly sociopathic (in the clinical sense) traits.

Demonic possession is alive, very real, and very much a dangerous thing. I will add my own two cents to the conversation. I've seen 3 people whom I believe to be possessed. Every single one of those people had, for lack of a better description, an "inhuman" look in their eye. Looking into their eyes you get a sense that what you are looking at is totally foreign, totally NOT human. It's a very weird sensation, but if you ever experience it you will know it immediately, and it will be unforgettable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join