It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no such thing as Nibiru/Planet X or any other doomsday planet

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

J.A. Halloran wrote a book on it: "Sumerian Lexicon: A Dictionary Guide to the Ancient Sumerian Language"

I myself heard about Nibiru and the Annunaki from my uncle, a General Dynamic Engineer, long before I heard the name "Sitchin." Why is he always the only one given any credence on this?

Except that the story of Nibiru is not Sumerian but Babylonian, it's an addition to what the sumerians left behind, the babylonian empire took it and modified it, the story of creation of man from Sumeria is way different than
the Babylonian version. There is no such thing as Nibiru in Sumerian culture, there is no Marduk and the mother goddess in stead of fighting Marduk is involved on a personal level in creation of man kind. The Sumerian creation story is really different. So the 7 tablets of creation are Babylonian, not Sumerian.

There is a noticeable difference between the creation stories from Sumeria and the ones from Babylon, they don't add up and they don't match even if most of the gods are left of from the Sumerian culture, there are a whole lots of new gods and the story line is very different.

It's why this whole thing with Nibiru is a bunch of hog wash, it's Babylonian culture added later past the first Babylonian dinasty.

edit on 24-4-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I really want to believe in Nibiru. I've scoured the Internet, looked up ancient text, compared, contrasted, and gazed into the sky. I've pored over Google Sky and other such services, in various wavelengths. I've chased down conspiracy after conspiracy, coverup after coverup. I've watched probably a thousand eyewitness videos on Youtube. And there's one thing I keep running into.

People who claim Nibiru is real consistently fall into the "convinced no matter what you say" camp, as well as the "not even an amateur astronomer" camp. These people upload videos to Youtube and other sites claiming evidence for Nibiru, where they have only capture obvious sun dogs or lens flares (they rotate around the sun when you rotate the camera: a real object wouldn't do that, period.). They show these ignorant diagrams and charts and animations that not only base their entire premises on faulty assumptions, but make faulty assumptions based on faulty logic off of those faulty assumptions.

Every single person I've seen who actually know what they're talking about, have been educated in astronomy and physics, and have actual verifiable data to prove what they are saying... are saying there's no such thing as Nibiru!

Now you can say it's all a coverup and it's all a big lie and NASA and the President and Hugo Chavez or whoever just don't want us to find out. Fine, maybe you're right. But I can't take any of the Nibiru supporters seriously at all until they come up with something that doesn't just puff away in a ball of smoke like imaginary monoatomic gold when exposed to the light of actual science.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

And what do you think you've shown us? You have been conned into thinking it is something else and probably are unaware that this has been posted as a hoax many, many times. Care to tell us what you think you been duped into?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

Great, if you have nothing to say please shut up, really....

And for the last time Nibiru is due in less than two years and is suposed to be 5 times bigger than Jupiter thus we can conclude that we should have seen it clear as day in the night sky.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NyxOne

Originally posted by ConcreteAngel1

Originally posted by AlexIR
Ok so i made this thread to try to explain to some people that the planet mentioned in the title does not exist.

First of all i want to mention that Nibiru is suposedly a planet bigger than Jupiter that with its gravitational pull managed to get Pluto on the outer reaches of the Solar System. Now i ask you, if you can see Jupiter in the night sky easily (if you know where to look) don't you think that something bigger would have caught someone's attention?

And now i know there will be comments like "Its comming from the Sun so you can't see it" .... Well thats just an excuse that some have come up with but anyway i ask you again, where was Earth 6 months ago?

On the other side of the sun, so you could have seen it then but just a bit dimmer than now.

I also saw a clip from SOHO that suposedly caught nibiru passing in front of the Sun ...... right .... does this even need an explanation... guess not...

Now in conclusion i also want to mention that this planet was suposedly discovered by Sitchin on some ancient Sumerian tablets that he managed to translate because he was so good at it and he was a pro in translating ancient texts that others have difficulty translating today.

Now after reading all that i ask you, do you still believe this planet exists?

Nibiru wouldn't be easy to see as it can only be seen in infared.
Yes, we were in a different position 6 months ago, but like I said, it can't easily be seen regardless and if its constantly moving along, maybe it was always behind the sun compared to where we were.

I would love to hear your explanation about why you think that isn't Nibiru on SOHO.

I'm not saying I completely believe Nibiru exists, but I'm not ruling out either.
edit on 22-4-2011 by ConcreteAngel1 because: (no reason given)

Good god, do people not even know what they're looking at any more?

If you mean the recent transit from the end of March to the middle of this month, that was Jupiter.

sungrazer.nrl.navy.mil.../transits_2011

Your link isn't valid.
I am by no means a SOHO expert but when the OP states something and doesn't post an explanation, it sparks my curiosity. Like I said, I am not sure if I believe Nibiru exists, but NASA has discovered a brown dwarf (Tyche) and it is public knowledge. Maybe this is the suppossed planet Nibiru but they don't want to admit it?
Who knows?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ConcreteAngel1

First, Tyche has not been discovered. It is a hypothetical planet proposed by two researchers from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. So far they are essentially the only two researchers supporting its possible existence. Second, Tyche is not hypothesized to be a brown dwarf, but a planet. A planet that would be 25,000 AU away and never come closer. So, no, the hypothesized planet Tyche is not the "mythical" Nibiru.
edit on 25-4-2011 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NyxOne

Originally posted by AlexIR
Ok so i made this thread to try to explain to some people that the planet mentioned in the title does not exist.

First of all i want to mention that Nibiru is suposedly a planet bigger than Jupiter that with its gravitational pull managed to get Pluto on the outer reaches of the Solar System. Now i ask you, if you can see Jupiter in the night sky easily (if you know where to look) don't you think that something bigger would have caught someone's attention?

And now i know there will be comments like "Its comming from the Sun so you can't see it" .... Well thats just an excuse that some have come up with but anyway i ask you again, where was Earth 6 months ago?

On the other side of the sun, so you could have seen it then but just a bit dimmer than now.

I also saw a clip from SOHO that suposedly caught nibiru passing in front of the Sun ...... right .... does this even need an explanation... guess not...

Now in conclusion i also want to mention that this planet was suposedly discovered by Sitchin on some ancient Sumerian tablets that he managed to translate because he was so good at it and he was a pro in translating ancient texts that others have difficulty translating today.

Now after reading all that i ask you, do you still believe this planet exists?

Nibiru wouldn't be easy to see as it can only be seen in infared.
Yes, we were in a different position 6 months ago, but like I said, it can't easily be seen regardless and if its constantly moving along, maybe it was always behind the sun compared to where we were.

I would love to hear your explanation about why you think that isn't Nibiru on SOHO.

I'm not saying I completely believe Nibiru exists, but I'm not ruling out either.
edit on 22-4-2011 by ConcreteAngel1 because: (no reason given)

Good god, do people not even know what they're looking at any more?

If you mean the recent transit from the end of March to the middle of this month, that was Jupiter.

sungrazer.nrl.navy.mil.../transits_2011

Your link isn't valid.
I am by no means a SOHO expert but when the OP states something and doesn't post an explanation, it sparks my curiosity. Like I said, I am not sure if I believe Nibiru exists, but NASA has discovered a brown dwarf (Tyche) and it is public knowledge. Maybe this is the suppossed planet Nibiru but they don't want to admit it?
Who knows?

Then copy and paste the link into Google and go from there.

And, uh, no, Tyche has not been discovered. It has been hypothesised, and remains such, and has remained such since 1999.

And by definition, it is not a brown dwarf, because it is speculated to be equal to Jupiter in mass, or four times that, at the most. At the absolute least, brown dwarfs have 12 to 13 times the mass of Jupiter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join