It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HEEEELLLLOOOOOOOOO fellow ATSers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Hey all,

been here a couple weeks now and am loving the site.
I have a thirst for knowledge and find that the mainstream media with its focus on celebrity and politics to be useless.
Some of the things that interest me include, history: studied ancient history at Uni and firmly helieve that humans have been around alot longer than currently accepted and that there has been at least 1 globe spanning civilisation prior to ours.
I Enjoy reading the alien stuff as well, Im certain there is life out there and for me the only question is have they visited us. Personally I believe they have.
That said I havent come across any non interesting forums yet so have been all over the place LOL
I find it easy to navigate if sometimes a bit daunting due to the sheer volume of info but so far have a couple questions Im hoping some more experienced members may be able to help with.

1) is it possible to see when someone has responded to one of ur posts without going thru the entire thread?
2) Are you allowed/ is it considered bad form to flag ur own threads?
3) what can you do if you feel you have a fantastic and informative thread that people need to read but it gets lost amongst everything else? Is there anyway to bring it to peoples attention?

thats it for now but Im sure other stuff will come up. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers guys

edit on 20-4-2011 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Welcome, fellow tin foil lover.
You can go to your tools section and look at your messages. Peoples replies to your thread will be under, yep, you guessed it, REPLIES!
Not sure about flagging your own thread. Never tried.
And the only way to get it out there is to just put it out there. Make the title of the thread interesting enough to catch peoples attention. Then hope for the best. They will either read it or they won't.

Hope this was helpful, as I myself am still pretty new here.

Best of Luck!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Hhhheeeeellllloooo to you too! lol

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

WATSON likes you now! FYI

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Heeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllloooooooooooooooo back at ya
Enjoy ATS.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudwatcher

Hmmmmmm......Ummmmmmmmmmm......

Yeah I probably should have figured the messages thing out by myself LOL
Thanks for that

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Hello to you too
Welcome to ATS! I find your ideas on human history interesting, looking forward to reading your stuff.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAPurMAMA

Thats nothing new dude, hes been chasin me for yrs.

How else do you think I was able to give you such good advice

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Peekaboooooo enjoy.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

rofl

i love your avatar

i have a strong sense from you, so much love.

welcome! hope you enjoy the mess, i love it

Namaste

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS IkNOWSTuff.

3) what can you do if you feel you have a fantastic and informative thread that people need to read but it gets lost amongst everything else? Is there anyway to bring it to peoples attention?

Seek a man called Slayer69, sacrifice a female virgin platypus in his name and burn some incense. (That should please him). Than ask your question and you will learn the ancient technique of "spamming thy own thread".

Seriously though, if your thread is informative and fantastic it won't get lost. Too many people on this board are interested in informative and fantastic threads....

Have fun!

Peace

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by zaper

Hey there,

thanks for the compliment

One question, why is my intro getting hits today LOL it was written and posted a few weeks ago?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Hey dude,

thanks for the info

You been here awhile so you may be able to help me. Do you know why my intro is getting posts today? it was posted a few weeks ago??

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Hey IkNOWSTuff,

Well the reason for your introduction thread coming up again is all thanks to BlueLightRain. (2 posts above mine). Apparently he had a real strong urge to welcome everybody that joined the last couple of months so he went back and posted in every single one of 'm....

Peace

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

LMAO

cheers dude

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by zaper

Hey there,

thanks for the compliment

One question, why is my intro getting hits today LOL it was written and posted a few weeks ago?

ah well IMO there is some mood when the stars are converging (kidding maybe) and the member are hitting the intros threads
These are good days, then the intro thread is raising in the board and the people can see it and drop to say HI welcome!
I found these past weeks absoluty amazing, lot of new members registering, even these days. Love and cascade of new members! Maybe the new moon heheh What more could we wish?

Anyway... you are welcome!

Namaste

edit on 5-5-2011 by zaper because: typo

new topics

top topics

join