It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher of Righteousness, End of Prophecy CONNECTION

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I have found a link between the creation of the septuigent (AKA) the era of the end of prophecy and with the Teacher of Righteousness.

I believe that the teacher of righteousness created such a strong sect that rabbis and many other leaders in Judaism during that era have decided to create an "END" to prophecy. Afterwards, the greek bible was create. (which does not matter), BUT! it should be seen that the drastic change of prophetic laws were altered during 200 BC, approx the same time the essenic sec began. Perhaps the essenic sect was questioning the current trend of religious laws, (MONEY FOR ONE) that this created fear for those who need their money, and traditions for their current beliefs.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
bum p

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I have found a link between the creation of the septuigent (greek translated version of the Torah) (AKA) and the era of the end of prophecy (which was a rabbinic agreement) and with the Teacher of Righteousness.

I believe that the teacher of righteousness created such a strong sect that Pharisees and many other leaders in Judaism during that era have decided to create an "END" to prophecy. Afterwards, the greek bible was created around 200 B.Cish. (Around the same time the Essenes were gaining ground. BUT! it should be seen that the drastic change of prophetic laws (Jews thought that prophets were no longer useful) were altered during 200 BC, approx the same time the essenic sect begun. Perhaps the essenic sect was questioning the current trend of religious laws, (MONEY FOR ONE) that this created fear for those who need their money, and traditions for their current beliefs.

(I cannot edit no more)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
your opening an interesting can of worms there....

i lazily glossed over the concept of the 'Teacher of Righteousness' for a long time now..

but it may have a connection to todays' end times and the ancient-history historical shift in emphasis by the religious authority that issued from Jerusalem

stuff i will tackle:

www.kingscalendar.com...

The Math & Science of 'The King's Calendar' No. 2 : Onias III : Teacher of Righteousness
Published on 11/11/05 at 00:17:23 AEST by R .P. BenDedek

The Teacher of Righteousness - Onias III -
The Math and Science. Dead Sea Scrolls:
Essenes: Bible Calendars Dates.

thanks

edit on 19-6-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
I have found a link between the creation of the septuigent (greek translated version of the Torah) (AKA) and the era of the end of prophecy (which was a rabbinic agreement) and with the Teacher of Righteousness.

I believe that the teacher of righteousness created such a strong sect that Pharisees and many other leaders in Judaism during that era have decided to create an "END" to prophecy. Afterwards, the greek bible was created around 200 B.Cish. (Around the same time the Essenes were gaining ground. BUT! it should be seen that the drastic change of prophetic laws (Jews thought that prophets were no longer useful) were altered during 200 BC, approx the same time the essenic sect begun. Perhaps the essenic sect was questioning the current trend of religious laws, (MONEY FOR ONE) that this created fear for those who need their money, and traditions for their current beliefs.

I am not sure how this ties in with what you're saying, but the Sybillines, and Oracles, although not strictly speaking prophets, were all gradually destroyed, passively as well as actively, by emergent Christianity, cheifly because Christianity, like Judaism, didn't accept women as conduits of divinity. If a woman received a revelation, it was deemed to be from the 'devil'...later they'd call them witches or possessed by demons....though a fair few later made it to sainthood, I should imagine that was little consolation.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
One group which claimed 'righteousness' can best be compared to the inner-circle of the nazis..the SS.

I take it, that you are familiar with the war-scroll? It's 'righteousness' to such an extent, that it would have people hiding under their beds.

But maybe you are talking about some other kind of 'righteousness'?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
your opening an interesting can of worms there....

i lazily glossed over the concept of the 'Teacher of Righteousness' for a long time now..

but it may have a connection to todays' end times and the ancient-history historical shift in emphasis by the religious authority that issued from Jerusalem

stuff i will tackle:

www.kingscalendar.com...

The Math & Science of 'The King's Calendar' No. 2 : Onias III : Teacher of Righteousness
Published on 11/11/05 at 00:17:23 AEST by R .P. BenDedek

The Teacher of Righteousness - Onias III -
The Math and Science. Dead Sea Scrolls:
Essenes: Bible Calendars Dates.

thanks

edit on 19-6-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

I am by no means articulate on the words that I say on ats. And I get greatly dissed because of it. I am dangerously underrated in life and it continues on ATS, big whoop!. But I do believe that the reason for Judaism to cease prophecy in the era of 200b.c. was due to the Essenic sect. The essenic sect, governed by the teacher of righteousness claimed to be Gods new prophet. With the Essenes numbers growing quickly, The religious laws(pharisee) deemed it heritical (they were losing profit due to God's prophet, not to mention all political concerns during the era of Macabees and the reign of Alexander)

New Model (dead sea scrolls) In short, we suggest a scenario markedly different from that of the standard model (timeline) The teacher of righteousness began his ministray late in the second century B C E. perhaps during the reign of Alexander. After the Pharisees came to power under Salome, they persecuted the Teachers group, which was sympathetic to the Sadducean establishment, eventually hounding the Teacher into Exile. When Hyrcanus II became king, he ended the Jewish civil war of phairsee versus sadducee, Hyrcanus verse aristouble. All of the verifiable historical references within the scolls and the apparent attitudes of the scroll writers to those references, fit this model exceedingly well. of the approximately thirty five identifiable referances in the scrolls to people, processes and events virtually all of them fall in the first century b c e. This is not what one would expect if the Teacher and his group had existed fifty to seventy give years before the dawn of that century. We should have historical refernces in texts identifiably inscribed in the second century and we do not.

Dead sea scrolls": by Michael wise, Martin Abegg Jr and edward Cook.

By creating the end of prophecy during around first century b.c.e would deem the Essene's, Jesus and Mohammad heretical. In other words no Jew would ever believe a prophet or prophet-like person ever again, still to this day almost.
To solidify their beliefs to the entire KNOWN world, the entire Jewish sect begun creating the Septuagint, thus making a concrete belief system that could not be taken away from the "chosen people of God".

In our modern age this would be called a Mainstream Media Move.
The only form of media were the reproduction of books, which was a long and expensive process which involved many translators. People forget that news did not really exist, so the only information was given to the intelligent (those who can read and write). It was a very risky move for the pharisees to release their laws, torah, books, writings and wisdoms to the gentile nations. This is how concerned they were about the Essenic group as well.

Pharisees were excellent in Personal Relations and had the ability to do what they wanted and to construe any idea they wished, . (Jesus was a magician---->Talmud )

This is by no means a bad things if you are of Jewish heritage (such as myself, small portion), nor am I anti semitic. The pharisees were crowd pleasers and I believe we can see that to this day with Mainstream Media and how it is controled by the Jews
edit on 19-6-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout

I am not sure how this ties in with what you're saying, but the Sybillines, and Oracles, although not strictly speaking prophets, were all gradually destroyed, passively as well as actively, by emergent Christianity, cheifly because Christianity, like Judaism, didn't accept women as conduits of divinity. If a woman received a revelation, it was deemed to be from the 'devil'...later they'd call them witches or possessed by demons....though a fair few later made it to sainthood, I should imagine that was little consolation.

Yes, Yes, women were hated everyone knows that. The very early Christians (post Jesus first century) were primarily women though, interesting enough man took that power away from them when organization of the Catholic church was created. I blame Paul mostly. Prophetess are indeed in the old testament and it should be noted that they were accepted enough to be wrote on paper.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil
One group which claimed 'righteousness' can best be compared to the inner-circle of the nazis..the SS.

I take it, that you are familiar with the war-scroll? It's 'righteousness' to such an extent, that it would have people hiding under their beds.

But maybe you are talking about some other kind of 'righteousness'?

The teacher of righteousness is an obscured individual (prophet) that did not want any attention, did his thing and left. en.wikipedia.org...

Roads are always created for those whom need it. Thats my 2 cents on it

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Yes, Yes, women were hated everyone knows that. The very early Christians (post Jesus first century) were primarily women though, interesting enough man took that power away from them when organization of the Catholic church was created. I blame Paul mostly. Prophetess are indeed in the old testament and it should be noted that they were accepted enough to be wrote on paper.

No, not prophetesses, women as divine conduits, Priestesses. Paul was one of the few who actually maintained contact with the Pythia, and valued their input, often acting on their advice. These were women who were trained from early childhood, highly educated...and as a 'religion' they predate Christianity and Judaism...they were not prophets as much as readers of situations. Anyway, early established Christianity's appeal to women, only really applies to the priviledged classes, as does any notion of choice at all in those times, for men or women. It wasn't so much in those days that women were hated, just that they didn't have many rights or freedoms, neither did most men though. Upper class women, like Hypattia for example, chose it because it seperated them, or rather elevated them 'spiritually' and more importantly, 'morally' over the masses. Prophets, male or female, needed to be state sanctioned, and for what they said to be in accordance with the status quo in order to be memorialised, male or female. It was the chop otherwise, as we know.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

No, not prophetesses, women as divine conduits, Priestesses. Paul was one of the few who actually maintained contact with the Pythia, and valued their input, often acting on their advice. These were women who were trained from early childhood, highly educated...and as a 'religion' they predate Christianity and Judaism...they were not prophets as much as readers of situations. Anyway, early established Christianity's appeal to women, only really applies to the priviledged classes, as does any notion of choice at all in those times, for men or women. It wasn't so much in those days that women were hated, just that they didn't have many rights or freedoms, neither did most men though. Upper class women, like Hypattia for example, chose it because it seperated them, or rather elevated them 'spiritually' and more importantly, 'morally' over the masses. Prophets, male or female, needed to be state sanctioned, and for what they said to be in accordance with the status quo in order to be memorialised, male or female. It was the chop otherwise, as we know.

Ah, yeah I have heard of them women. lol I was trying to convey that women (lower class) hid in their house and practiced christianity (which was just primarily prayer). The church was in their homes. I do not know much of the area that you speak of, only a little. I do know that paul was a raging sexist. Raging may be to harsh of a word, but I know that for sure.
Paul was very rigid with Thecla, and perhaps afterwards he became to soften up towards women as a whole. (she stayed in a cave for the rest of her life) He avoided sex easily cause he couldn't stand women from my interpatation of the man. Many of which is in Acts of paul and thecla book.
I was under the influence that Paul was guided through the some partial communication with God, and not some oracle.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Ah, yeah I have heard of them women. lol I was trying to convey that women (lower class) hid in their house and practiced christianity (which was just primarily prayer). The church was in their homes.

Homes have had shrines as long as there have been 'homes'. These were used by all members of the family. Christianity would have made very little difference to those practices within the homes, besides it was the Mysteries that Christianity objected to, and those practices that celebrated fertility, Spring and Harvest, because they weren't elitist and everyone was welcome. These were usually overseen by the female Priest class. And they were mass gatherings. Lower class women, generally practiced or identified with whatever belief the male head of the household practiced. Only Free women, or women with citizenship would have had a choice in the matter, and even then it would be at the discretion of their husband or father. Christianity's popularity with affluent and educated women in the Hellenised world certainly can be seen as a reaction to the influx of 'barbarians' and their wishing to distance themselves from whence they came. The similarity of the practices of the 'barbarians', and their more allegorical expression in the Mysteries, was a little too much for some to cope with, so they rejected them in favour of this new religion, which was in itself a reaction, to a reaction...

I do not know much of the area that you speak of, only a little. I do know that paul was a raging sexist. Raging may be to harsh of a word, but I know that for sure.

I suppose it depends on your perspective, I find nothing sexist about the words ascribed to him. Judgemental at times certainly, but that is not even remotely unusual amongst many of the writings of the Bible. I find him, on the whole, firm but fair.

I was under the influence that Paul was guided through the some partial communication with God, and not some oracle.

He probably did have some kind of direct revelation, but that would not preclude him understanding the role of the Oracles, and of sometimes recieving their counsel, unsolicited most likely. Paul was respected and well recieved in Corinthia because of his associations there, they helped pave the way for him.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Wow, I knew very little what you discuss, Although not what my topic is about I think you gave me a roadmap into connecting my side with your side.

I must add to your comment that I have a very twisted idea of Greek, they change anything for themselves to make it better (gnostic for example). Anything that gets touched by Greeks, changes. That is my opinion, nor do I deny anything you have written, but it gives me a clearer understanding of the spread of Christianity in early ages.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Wow, I knew very little what you discuss, Although not what my topic is about I think you gave me a roadmap into connecting my side with your side.

I must add to your comment that I have a very twisted idea of Greek, they change anything for themselves to make it better (gnostic for example). Anything that gets touched by Greeks, changes. That is my opinion, nor do I deny anything you have written, but it gives me a clearer understanding of the spread of Christianity in early ages.

Greek culture was destroyed, their knowledge was largely inherited by the Muslim empires, where it was respected and where many Greeks had taught the leadership in those states. The barbarian invaders, starting with the Macedonians, were not initially literate, and had no respect therefore for written knowledge. That comes later when they realise that they need it in order to manage trade, which is where first Judaism, and then Christianity came in, as trade and taxation administrators to incoming invaders...the Temple, or Church, was primarily, until the 16th century or thereabouts, a place of business, worship was secondary or part of the process rather.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join