It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I-Team: NASA losing large amounts of high-tech equipment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I-Team: NASA losing large amounts of high-tech equipment

www.abcactionnews.com...

NASA reports obtained by the I-Team show $479,108 dollars worth of high-tech equipment simply vanished at Kennedy Space Center in 2010. I-Team reporter Michael George showed the employee lost property reports to Suzanne Pedone of Inventory Management Solutions. Companies hire IMS to keep track of their inventory and prevent items from falling through the cracks. Pedone says the agency needs to address the problem.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 20-4-2011 by underduck because: link fix

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Something isnt quite right here. They always lose the nice stuff too. Nevermind the crap they have lying around over there.

It really seems like people randomly taking stuff from work. But the advantages to working at NASA is that you dont just take "post it" notes, pens and staplers. At NASA you take computers and radio equipment.

Let your imaginations run wild. Someone has this stuff somewhere.

www.abcactionnews.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 20-4-2011 by underduck because: link fix

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This boils down to one thing.

NASA employees are thieves.

Reminds me of the prison system here in Oregon. Prison employees were literally stealing everything that wasn't nailed down. Chairs, computers, desks. Everything. Common thieves running the system...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by underduck

Can you fix the link please..

I'd be more concerned with what's ON the computers if that's what they're taking...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

They claim nothing of importence but what else would they say? "They stole the computers with all the information that wasnt being released"?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Don't worry. I'm sure no one has stolen NASA's antigravity shuttle-saucers, or their warp-drive starship.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by underduck

$480 K?? That's it? Big deal. That's nothing! The GAO would tell you that is equivalent to a couple of toilet seats, a few Buzz Aldrin tchotchkes and a roll of toilet paper.

I'm not sure what the percentage of NASA's budget a 1/2 million bucks is, but my guess is that's it not even a drop in the bucket.

Of course, that doesn't make it right, but I'm much more concerned about the billions in interest alone that we have to pay China for the money we borrow from them just so we could go to Wal-Mart to pay for cheap plastic crap the Chinese make that end'u in our landfills a few months later. Now THAT, my friends, is stupidity and theft on a grand scale.

$480 thou?!?! Phhhtttt....

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
how do you loose a golf cart! i swear Thieves!!!!!

this isnt nothing new alot of stuff goes missing "stolen" from every government agency there is not to mention

just about every private business there is.

just think about how much stuff is stolen at military bases around this country and the world
edit on 20-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join