It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists worried: Strange emissions by sun are suddenly mutating matter

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Farnhold

Why is there no mainstream sources regarding this topic?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
What do I think ?
I think it's a waste of space when people post an article, a link, a video with out any of their own text,
As required by ATS guidelines. No SnF.

As much as I agree with you, I also think it's a waste of space when people whine about irrelevance and try to play moderator. Regardless of their lack of opinion, I never would have known about such nonsense without this post.

Such as:

Originally posted by Farnhold

From OP's linked article:

With certain evidence that radioactive decay can be significantly affected by an unknown effect from the sun, much of science is turned on its head...

What "certain" evidence? And if the "effect" is unknown, how can it even be attributed to the sun? This article claims to possess a ton of evidence, yet completely fails to provide any of it. This isn't helping us deny ignorance.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySprings

Might try reading my links from the previous page

www.symmetrymagazine.org...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Are there some more serious sources than "alternative news sites referencing alternative news sites"?
If true, this would be more like an interesting scientific discovery than something that needs to be hidden by some conspiracy. So i would expect mainstream media and scientific institiutions to pick up this topic in more detail (especially as this change in decay rat would implie some really interesting consequences in varios fields like radiocarbon dating).

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by roswell1987

I don't know I would say a Fermilab publication is a sound source don't You think
?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Yes..I would like to see some actual proof of this please from a reliable source..like Discovery, or I don't know..some other source by an actual reliable news release. Because, if this is true..if this is really true? It debunks evolution!...this would mean Radioactive Decay is not a constant..something we need to have for evolution to be true.

So, I don't know..is this project world awareness reliable? I've never heard of them.
edit on 21-4-2011 by Nkinga because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Nkinga

Umm I don't know are You people blind or just not reading other posts ? I mean , heck I provided links twice to Fermilab publication and it seems they just get ignored
Or don't people know what Fermilab is ?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Thill

actually ...no I didn't see your link..but I will try to find it

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Thill

That's what happens when memers don't take the time to sift through the handful of pages in this thread. Some people are soo ready to slam the thread then look for the informatiok inside of it!

Anyway, this is really strange..but seeing how we know diddly about whats really going on out there, then im not that shocked.

Our reallity is indeed changing and we are going to witness the fastest evolution of a world. Why do you think we have so many visitors watching? ;p

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySprings

Probably because the author who wrote the original article in the OP is the only one that is describing this as a 'Terrifying Scientific discovery'

In the articles he uses as sources the scientists do not seem alarmed at all about this new discovery. We have quotes like '“It's an effect that no one yet understands,” from the scientists and in contrast;

'Whether the phenomenon has no real impact on humanity, or the worst impact imaginable, nothing can be done to stop it. Once again, the titanic forces of nature rear up to overwhelm our technology—and we find ourselves like the playthings of gods.

Utterly helpless.'

....from Terrance Aym.

The words 'alarmist' and jumping the gun spring to mind here.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Very interesting. Also, think its hysterical that you post information on a potentially world changing topic, to a supposedly educated audience, and you get comments like "theres too much text"

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Soooo once again.... say this IS true... and has been going on since whenever the Earth was "created"... would it completely throw off our understanding of time as it relates to Earth's history and consequently EVERYTHING that has EVER existed on Earth, living and non?
(my head is currently in a constant state of exploding)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

So either really bad or here comes the super powers or metaclorians. A planet full of jedi. Look out aliens.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENTJa

.... or here comes the super powers or metaclorians. A planet full of jedi. Look out aliens.

That....

would....

be.....

AWESOME!!!

I'd be all
and the aliens would be all

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Spare me. There is only one thing of importance here. Will it affect me in my lifetime? That's the question. If not this is boring.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Why does this resemble the plot of the movie 2012? The same exact thing happened in that movie that caused earthquakes and all sorts of stuff to take place. The neutrinos from the sun apparently turned the earths interior to a microwave in the movie.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

It doesn't actually require a scientist mind to understand the implications of such a huge revelation as this.

Science and the knowledge gained from it is only as good as the tools used to measure it. Scientists have now discovered that their 12 inch rule only measures 8 inches. What do you think this does to the volumes of equations that mathematicians have worked on for the past few hundred years.

To imply that the original statements by professor Sturrock and professor Fischbach sounded far less sensationalist than the OP doesn't diminish the impact of such a discovery. What are these men going to do, throw their arms in the air and admit that they have spent an entire lifetime driving down a blind alley.

Think about the implications yourselves, not what you are told to think. This discovery, now being revealed, is a game changer in every sense. This is NOT something to fear, this is something that all of us who believe in our spiritual immortality have always known and finally the proof is entering main stream scientific consciousness. I personally feel that this is the true mission of the LHC to try and figure out what is to become of us.

For the first time in years I feel optimistic for the future of mankind. That's how much impact it has on me.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
,it might show up here twice,learning...
,this is neat data...must see these.
,Our sun is something else.......

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by kennyb72
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

It doesn't actually require a scientist mind to understand the implications of such a huge revelation as this.

Science and the knowledge gained from it is only as good as the tools used to measure it. Scientists have now discovered that their 12 inch rule only measures 8 inches. What do you think this does to the volumes of equations that mathematicians have worked on for the past few hundred years.

To imply that the original statements by professor Sturrock and professor Fischbach sounded far less sensationalist than the OP doesn't diminish the impact of such a discovery. What are these men going to do, throw their arms in the air and admit that they have spent an entire lifetime driving down a blind alley.

Think about the implications yourselves, not what you are told to think. This discovery, now being revealed, is a game changer in every sense. This is NOT something to fear, this is something that all of us who believe in our spiritual immortality have always known and finally the proof is entering main stream scientific consciousness. I personally feel that this is the true mission of the LHC to try and figure out what is to become of us.

For the first time in years I feel optimistic for the future of mankind. That's how much impact it has on me.

That's the thing though, Is it such a 'huge revelation'? I am honestly questioning that. Scientists have been known to discover anomalies and then find out their research was wrong somewhere down the line. It seems none of them have concluded whether this strange behaviour is actually significant yet.

The article by Terrance Ayam is an opinion piece, it's him that is saying this anomaly is something significant and is likely to effect us in now in some way. I can't find anything in the original articles that says scientists are 'worried' or that this is 'terrifying'. It seems more than anything they are slightly annoyed that they will have to go back and re-write some stuff.

Most people on this thread have sided with Terrance Ayam's opinion that this is something monumental and is going to have a huge effect on mankind, without looking at what the scientists have said. Him writing that scientists are worried is just plain dishonest.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Article from discovery

This article talks about carbon 14 and how its always been assumed the decay rate was the same, thats how we date objects.

Wouldn't this mean we could no longer trust any date gained by this dating method?

I was thinking the same thing. Assuming that this "new" process is only new to us in terms of discovery and that in reality, it's been going one for hundreds of thousand, if not millions of years, then our common acceptance of the rate of decay would be wrong and all know date aquired through this process would be off.

However, this also leads me to question the possibility that since this "new" process is only now being observed then perhaps this is simply the start of the wave as opposed to being in the middle of it. Of course this means things could get a whole lot worse.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join