It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists worried: Strange emissions by sun are suddenly mutating matter

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Whatever happens, happens. No amount of money will 'block' you from this change. I infact look forwards to it as solar energy is nice and fluid to work with, like a breeze. I like it. It's also very uplifting if used in the right away (read: productive).

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelwpayton

You talkin to me? Are you talkin to me!?

He/she said they were speaking to everyone so....

Ever hear of DEVACHAN Pilgrim?

No? That is because you do not know the well from which the waters sprang that now fill your cup to overflowing.....

I could feebly attempt to describe the majesty and all encompassing granduer of that which is my god yet in doing so would only offend you with the knowledge that your man god was inferior in every way and that you were lied to and chose to believe in a lesser tribal diety who makes mistakes and then floods worlds etc etc ad nauseum et al...

Devachan is as we perceive it to be and there is no other thing but to be one again in nirvana with the unknowable cause of everything and all....

It is as it has always been..... to be, or not to be, is the only question.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
In previous posts, about the correlation between solar activity and earthquakes, I proposed that it was solar Neutrinos, not electromagnetic or other effects, that were a possible cause.

It has been shown that Neutrinos can change "flavour" from Electron, Muon or Tau and possibly a more inert (and therefore harder to detect) theorised "Sterile" Neutrino. As well as flavour changes, each of these particles has a antiparticle and it appears that Neutrinos can, and do, also randomly oscillate into their antiparticle too (with opposite spin handedness).

These flavour changes happen as the Neutrinos propogate through space and, although they appear (by observation) to propogate at the speed of light (implying they have no mass), the oscillation between flavours indicates that they do have mass and this should, therefore, indicate a slower than light propogation (which has NOT been observed).

It is apparent, therefore, that the truth about neutrinos still eludes us.

The mass of Neutrinos is likely to be quite small and so this is not adding the energy required to the earth to cause 'quakes but there is a theorised possibility that neutrinos could induce fission in heavy nuclei.

In simpler english, this means that, if the situation is right, Neutrinos could start a nuclear chain reaction.

On a large enough scale (say in the core of the planet) a sudden fission of tons of fissile fuel could add a significant shock of heat to the internal working of the core. Definitely sufficient enough to trigger earthquakes if the propogation of the shock is directional.

Just an idea for consideration. Knock it if you see any holes in my logic. (As we don't know of the mass of the Neutrino and some of the other variables involved this is all highly theoretical and so I won't be offended if I'm proved wrong).

edit on 21/4/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

link   
"Exactly what has scientists so on edge is the fact that the natural rate of decay of atomic particles has always been predictable. Indeed, using the decay rate of Carbon-14 has been a method to date archeological artifacts." - World Awareness

We've known for years that carbon dating is a load of crap. Now scientists are being forced to accept that. Unfortunately, it blows away the theory of evolution - which is the only reason for keeping the theory alive up to this point.

BTW, the rest of that article is absolutely garbage. Moving along...

edit on 21-4-2011 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Turq1
Is there a better source?

I wouldn't be too caught up in it if it's only one site saying that.

news.discovery.com...

Same stuff.. if we die, we die... oh well... but think of it like this: what are the amazing odds of bearing witness to the end of the planet? I would simply walk outside, and let it take me. We are born from stars and die star dust.

It has all happened before, and will all happen again.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Farnhold

What??? Is this science finally admitting there is a strong possibility that their whole theory on radioactive decay and therefore radio carbon dating could be wrong?
Are they finally admitting that their system that told us how old the earth was could possibly be wrong, that radioactive decay is not linear and therefore the possibility that ancient cultures and religions had it right is a possibility?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
As stated by scientists;

Peter Sturrock, Stanford emeritus professor of applied physics and an expert on the inner workings of the sun, told the researchers to look for evidence that the changes in radioactive decay vary with the rotation of the sun. The answer was yes, suggesting that neutrinos are responsible. But how could the nebulous neutrino, which does not interact with normal matter, be affecting decay rates?

No one knows. It might be a previously unknown particle instead.

Though disaster movies would have you believe otherwise, we should not yet worry about solar neutrinos warming the core of the Earth. But perhaps we should worry that our understanding of the sun -- and perhaps our understanding of nuclear physics in general -- is a lot weaker than we thought.

-Popular Science

They are inconclusive as of yet, to say it's going to harm us right now.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Farnhold

Circus music

Evolution is awesome, perhaps Intelligence is a random mutation, wouldn't that be neato.

Other then that I'm skeptical, if real then cool. Hope we aren't screwed, or superheroes come out of nowhere.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
This is a great post and thread. OP..my regards.

Just my 2 cents......the Earth has been here for billions of years. Do you not think that the Sun has had disturbances in the past?

We only have data on a limited scale on the sun's productivity.

Way too many "Chicken Littles" here. The sky has been falling ever since the onset of conspiracy websites. Not that I don't like them. Of course I do, otherwise I would not be here?!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Ya bring it on we all need a good change, may be the changes will be for good.

Come on a little doom and gloom, always keeps things interesting, I board to hell with what is going on right now any way.

Boy would I love to see the faces of all of the greedy people when they find out that all that money is just paper for your A$$ to wipe with now that would be price less to see!!

Just be happy don't worry all will be as it should be.

Best news that I have heard in a long time.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz
What??? Is this science finally admitting there is a strong possibility that their whole theory on radioactive decay and therefore radio carbon dating could be wrong?
Are they finally admitting that their system that told us how old the earth was could possibly be wrong, that radioactive decay is not linear and therefore the possibility that ancient cultures and religions had it right is a possibility?

I have asked "This Science" of this...(had to of course sacrifice the chicken, dance for 3 solid hours to get a meeting with The Science.

This Science spoke and said "meh, well, new evidence will always change me..lets see where this goes".

I then departed This Science, confused...I was certain science was never changing...how could This Science even ponder altering a stance based on new evidence

then someone slapped the back of my head and I became reasonable again.

"This Science" is being refuted by "This Science"...Science is NOT a religion, its total purpose is to keep changing and revising in order to understand the current evidence.

I have no clue why the unscientific mindsets cannot get past the simple fact that science is not a religion...it will change, it will rearrange itself...thats the whole bloody point.

Now, some truely "gifted" people in here are saying that because science is potentially changing again, it means all science is out, and the bible is right because its totally not science.

My response to that is...
lol.
edit on 21-4-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Maybe some of you don't realize that we are in fact entering the photon belt.
That's why the "changing matter" issue is all about.

Buckle your seatbelt's, these couple of years are going to be a wild ride!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Now, for a sane post

I wonder how this will alter the dating system...will it add more or less years to the earth, space, etc...is the planet 1 billion years old, or 20...

Pretty exciting new find..glad to be alive during it.

Now, will this stop and things go back to normal, then find out this works like clockwork...a few number of years/decades/centuries and things get wonky, then goes back to our normal particle/radioactive understanding...

We are infants still in our understanding of even our own planet...how cool to know, yet sad at the same time to know we won't live long enough to know all truths.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I'll be perfectly honest, I really don't understand what this article is saying. It says a lot without saying much.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by OverMan
reply to post by michaelwpayton

You talkin to me? Are you talkin to me!?

He/she said they were speaking to everyone so....

Ever hear of DEVACHAN Pilgrim?

No? That is because you do not know the well from which the waters sprang that now fill your cup to overflowing.....

Devachan is as we perceive it to be and there is no other thing but to be one again in nirvana with the unknowable cause of everything and all....

It is as it has always been..... to be, or not to be, is the only question.

Nice intro
Even though our conversation is off topic I will bite and then I will weave it in somehow and make it relevant.

I've never heard of Devechan, but I think you would be surprised by how open I am to hearing your view of the earth. My faith is not so weak, nor my emotions so fragile, that I would be offended by anything you profess to believe. In fact it's only been a few months since I perused the web researching theosophy and poorly, poorly categorizing Mrs. Blavatsky. (Spelling?) anyways. I do have a question for you now that I know what you believe.

From your view of Earth, Existence, God, Nervana, etc., what do you think the implications are for an event like this on the human body with regards to our spirit?

From my view, I'm curious about the whole changing our DNA bit... Primarily because of a scripture that I cannot quote verbatim, but the conclusion I drew from the context when I read was that "everyone will see". now the obvious first thought would be God, but that's not what stuck with me... I was left with the impression that some event would happen and the entire human race would suddenly be spiritually sensitive. (I've seen this idea on some new age threads too). But not just to God, to everything! Angelic and demonic. an event like this would throw the world into chaos... This is relevant, because if there is a change in our DNA structure, would that not also change how our spirits are tied to our bodies? Is it possible that earth will have a mass-spiritual awakening, allowing each person (after order is restored from the chaos.... now why does that sound familiar?
) to seek the "truth" with their new found abilities. Christians are told to test the spirit's (usually referring to prophets, but it this case we are the prophets) whether what they say lines up with scripture. what-ever happens, I can't wait to see the conclusion unfold : )
edit on 2011/4/21 by michaelwpayton because: even > event

edit on 2011/4/21 by michaelwpayton because: LOLOLOL, Changed the wrong 'even'

edit on 2011/4/21 by michaelwpayton because: now why does that sound familiar?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Say all of this is true... what are the exact implications? Does it mean the earth could be older wait... younger? wait... youlder? .... sigh I just confused myself..

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Interesting. All the events seem to point to our sun. We have crop circles pointing to our sun. We see massive object near the sun. Nasa warns us for for massive solar flares in 2012. And now this.

But I disagree with the tone of the article. In any case, there is no need for panic never. That is my opinion. Healthy concern is needed here.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Watts

Younger, When you increase the rate of decay, you decrease the half-life. if it were a measuring stick, it means a yard just became a foot and the football field isn't as big as you thought.
edit on 2011/4/21 by michaelwpayton because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelwpayton
reply to post by Watts

Younger, When you increase the rate of decay, you decrease the half-life. if it were a measuring stick, it means a yard just became a foot and the football field isn't as big as you thought.
edit on 2011/4/21 by michaelwpayton because: (no reason given)

maybe, however you jump to a dangerous assumption there that this is not a new phenomona going on.

I mean, it may be repeated throughout time over and over again, but from what I understand, there is no evidence of that as of yet...we don't even understand what the evidence is to begin with...much less jumping down to it being repeated

so, ya...this could be the very first time ever this is happening, in which case, the earth is pretty exact to our understandings...however, it seems plausable its not and this phenomona has happened before

Still, what are we shaving off here is the next question...a few million years? a couple billion? etc.

I really should read the article, but its too late, so tomorrow...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Im starting to wonder if the fear tactic is actually to get the person "scared" of this instead of facing it and accepting evolution.

A change in DNA would affect us, but it probably depends on our perspective of the change that the change itself will occur.

In other words, dont be like Ray from ghostbusters who thought about the marshmallow man.

Instead of doomsday think

you ready??

powers for us
or evolution

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join