It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is outside of our Universe? HAS TO BE SOMETHING

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

this is the first time ive heard anyone else think in this direction. I've often thought i must sound stupid to people when I try to explain my thought of how the solor system them galaxies ect.. all look and behave like atoms and so on ..... this really makes my day to think my thought are not alone !!!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Davian
There is no such thing as an outside of the Universe, because the Universe encompasses all existence.

What if its complete light, free of feeding like universal inhabitants which includes more death to another species. What if death is void there and no form of technology exist. A realm where sleep/pain/unknown doesnt exist. A place where love is directly felt from the creator of all so there is no need for spouses or partnerships. a location where feelings and emotions of happiness comfort and pleasure are all replaced by better upgraded feelings which support you more. I think if some ET or alien tried they should reach the border but by force they would parish upon exit becomming energy. Basically if the rules of the universe dont apply there would YOU still consider this part of the containment I meen universe?? my 10 cents

edit on 4/20/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
It's very simple

the universe is infinitely infinite.

In normal English, it's very #@* huge

peace

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

I don't know I'm just assuming, after all the stars after everything there is an end.
Everything is like a cluster, things stick in one place, like solar systems, galaxies.
After everything then comes empty space, I would imagine this nothing go's to infinity, nothing as in no particles, no energy, absolute nothing.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Plato held there was an Ideal World above the Real World. Could that be what you are sensing?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Start with a point of indeterminate size and shape.

One dimension is a single line between two points.

Two is a linear plane, like an infinitely thin slice of paper. The observer here cannot see up and down, only right left, forward and back. To this dimension, up and down is only observed in slices as the 2nd dimension moves through the 3rd that it creates.

Three gives depth (observable substance and life). The third dimension can see all directions, but only a slice of the 4th dimension of time. 'Now' is all that is seen, just like the 2nd dimensional creature only sees one slice of the dimension above. This repeats through all dimensions.

Four is time (Wave Function Collapse in slices through the fifth dimension), many single forms of the third dimension in movement. You can also think of this as the start of the universe leading in time to one of the many possible endings for the universe in one giant sculpture. Like a smoke ring rolling in on itself. Like a human from birth to death.

Collapsed wave function rests between these two dimensions. The observer creates a new past form the possibility in the fifth dimensions. Time pulls one slice at a time from the upper dimension of possibility. One possible outcome at a time for each location in space and time. Since the observer creates the slice of possibility, the possibility does not create the observer. This negates evolution arising from chance but confirms the evolution of the observer. In other words, a creator of the observer, which is not the material substance, is a given.

Five is possibility. All the many versions of you in the future are located here. The fourth dimension twists and turns in this dimension like traveling between the trees in a forest. There are many paths here that choice can branch off from one state to another. An infinity of possible outcomes, guided by choice, chance and the actions of others. A religions person would say there is no chance here. Instead, providence leads. God has a hand in the outcomes.

This is where things start to get beyond theory. There are many different views. My favorite is the many worlds view.

The sixth dimension is location relative to itself. Like imagining a mobeus strip traveling but never leaving and never arriving.

If you take all the possible outcomes, paths, and positions from our reality and compress them into one point, you now have the seventh dimensional shell. A new point at the center. It would be like traveling past our universe at a far distance until the universe is a point, starting the process over again. Infinity in the 7th dimension.

The next point in the 8th dimension would be another different infinity than our own, forming the next line like the 1st dimension all over again.

What came before God? As we can not conceptualize beyond the tenth dimension, or even conceptualize up to the 10th dimension with assurance, we can only assume that what is above is as what is below in a reflection to infinity. Like another poster said, it repeats. Microcosm to macrocosm and all points in between. God is alpha and omega with no end and no beginning. He has arrived and never left at the same time. Since these are our limited concepts, then we have no symbol to draw a comparison beyond our own 7th dimensional point. If we were the farthest observer out beyond our universe, we would see God's reality as obvious. Since we are not there, but here instead, we can only look at nature above and below to see the obvious design. It's faith.

edit on 20-4-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
Obviously, their must be something, if their wasn't then we would probably fall apart like broken particles.
Actually, measurements do show that our universe is flying apart so there doesn't seem to be anything outside it holding it together. Not only that, but the rate at which it's flying apart is increasing. Research "Dark Energy" and "big freeze" if you want to learn more.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Going with the multiverse theory i tend to believe that where our universe ends a new one begins so there is no empty space between them, kind of like the borders of a country on a map.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Get your mind into visualisation mode...

Going up in size and space we start with Earth>Solar System>Milky Way>Universe> Cluster of Universes (Multiverse/Cell)

I believe that the Universe is equivalent to an atom making up a cell.The cell it makes up is a part of a larger living organism and at the end of our immediate multiverse is a separate multiverse and so on. Scale up and you get a lifeform that we are incapable of comprehending yet it could be as simple as bacteria, which is part of it's own world within it's own galaxy, within it's own universe upscaling infinitely.

Eventually, our Cell will die, eventually our multiverse will die, but others will exist outside our cell yet all the time, new universes are being born so this process will continue for ever.

The same works in the reverse, you can downscale infinitely, 'too small' doesn't really exist, it only exists from our perspective, it doesn't matter how big or small anything is, if it exists beyond our ability to perceive then as far as we are concerned it doesn't exist because we will never see nor understand it.... but it does exist.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I've always imagined that our universe is among many many others, but my idea is hard to put into words.

our universe explodes from a singularity of sorts, as do the others in the 3d lattice of what can be represented as dots, in a reasonably similar time.

As they cross the midpoint between the center of where they started and cross over towards a new center formed by the quadrants of universes moving in a similar direction (the gaps between the initial dots). They stop decelerating and begin accelerating towards the new center. The collapses into a new lattice occurs and begins the cycle over again.

Hope that makes sense.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Well thinking whats beyond the boundaries of our universe is the same thing as thinking how small can small get? If an atom has a surface, what makes up that surface? The smallest known particles are made of something.

It is like a spiral. We see an end and a beginning, however really there is none. Mathmatics say a spiral can go on infinite. A fractal existence. There are an infinite number of things bigger then any 1 thing and an infinite number of things smaller than that same thing.
edit on 20-4-2011 by mmmguinness because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Okay this thread is really intense.

I'm about to take a nap, and this is some heavy material to think about right beforehand.

Maybe it will help me have really awesome dreams.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
An event horizon. Time is slower there. We are in a black hole that is decaying. It's singularity has reached a point of zero time and released its mass.

Can you go into more depth on that? I've been toying with the idea that the universe is a black hole, ever since it was proposed recently that life & planets etc could exist in a black hole. Are you saying that as time goes on, we're further into the black hole? I guess I don't get the zero time & released mass.

There are black holes at the center of galaxies. They slowly eat up all of the stars in the galaxy. Galaxies combine, and black holes eat other black holes. After a while, it's my guess that all of the black holes probably eat each other up, until there's one left. This black hole either explodes (the big bang) or the universe as we know it, 'lives' inside of that black hole.

Just a theory.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Our universe is probably one of an infinite number in a "multiverse" which is probably a smaller part of something even bigger

Everything around us is fractal in nature...once you see the patterns you can not un-see them
edit on 21-4-2011 by oldgoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
We need only to look within to see without!

Google my signature.

Think about the structures that srround us in our visible universe. Read about their formation and destruction. Atoms, planets, moons, stars, local groups, galaxies, galactic clusters, our universe. Nebulas, blackholes, et al.

There is a beautiful mathematical theme to the behaviors of matter and energy!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Well, This really unexpected ! We thought that no one in this material Universe can be Awaken to wonder if there is more to it and if there is more beyond. There are other universes but not in the way that those who exist in the physical form in the material dimension can comprehend or understand. The so called creator god and those beings of the same dimension and form are in a higher universe where those whom they created can never ever enter no matter how high they evolve and elevate. Beyond their universe is the cosmic void where they originally existed and where those who have not join them are still existing. This secret is banished by them but we have been projecting and releasing vibrations to try to awaken as many beings in all the lower dimensions as possible.
We never expected that the vibration could awaken the curiosity of humans to wonder about what lies beyond this universe that they exist in. We were working towards awakening those who have returned to their astral form.
We have been waiting patiently for this to manifest:-
"And it shall come to pass, the combined intelligence,the combined powers of the vibrations,the energies,the powers of all beings,all lifeforms,all lifeforces in all universes,in all dimensions,in the cosmic void, shall overcome,shall correct,shall teach,shall guide or shall remove the existence of the fanatically sick theology dictators and all other forms of dictatorships. "

More and more will awaken to the truth of the kind of universe(astral and material dimension) they are existing in and will combine as one cosmic force to fight to change the laws and systems that has been put in place since the beginning so that all beings,lifeforms,lifeforces can exist and evolve truly freely on their own and not to the predetermined scripts of life experience that they are being made to go through in each reincarnation.You may think that you have free will, but the universal systems ingeniously manipulate things so that you have to go through the predetermined experiences without realising that it has all been set up.

9nine

edit on 21-4-2011 by 1Starman because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2011 by 1Starman because: to put in missing letters

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR
It has to be something we cant comprehend yet.
It cant be nothing.... that wouldnt make any logical sense. To say a single universe exists and there is nothing else just does not make sense....

It's equally hard to wrap your mind around this idea:
"Why does 'something' exist at all?"

Why is there a place in which the universe can exist in the first place?
Why is the universe here at all?

If it was some event similar to the big bang, why did the bang happen? If the universe came into existence some other way, say from another universe, then why did that other universe exist?

If i was some supreme being (or supreme alien) that created our universe, then where did that supreme being come from?

In short, why does "stuff and the place to hold that stuff" exist at all?

edit on 4/21/2011 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/21/2011 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
Get your mind into visualisation mode...

Going up in size and space we start with Earth>Solar System>Milky Way>Universe> Cluster of Universes (Multiverse/Cell)

I believe that the Universe is equivalent to an atom making up a cell.The cell it makes up is a part of a larger living organism and at the end of our immediate multiverse is a separate multiverse and so on. Scale up and you get a lifeform that we are incapable of comprehending yet it could be as simple as bacteria, which is part of it's own world within it's own galaxy, within it's own universe upscaling infinitely.

Eventually, our Cell will die, eventually our multiverse will die, but others will exist outside our cell yet all the time, new universes are being born so this process will continue for ever.

The same works in the reverse, you can downscale infinitely, 'too small' doesn't really exist, it only exists from our perspective, it doesn't matter how big or small anything is, if it exists beyond our ability to perceive then as far as we are concerned it doesn't exist because we will never see nor understand it.... but it does exist.

This is exactly my theory. We are all just some, incidental pieces of something much greater. Whos to say we aren't just part of an atom of a large orginism, i.e. human type. If you look at the properties of an atom, it's pretty interesting really. Look what splitting a single atom does. Immense power...

Unfortunately, we will never know in our life time nor our childrens, their childrens or for a 1000 generations. And that's if we're lucky.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Box of Rain
It's equally hard to wrap your mind around this idea:
"Why does 'something' exist at all?"

Why is there a place in which the universe can exist in the first place?
Why is the universe here at all?

If it was some event similar to the big bang, why did the bang happen? If the universe came into existence some other way, say from another universe, then why did that other universe exist?

If i was some supreme being (or supreme alien) that created our universe, then where did that supreme being come from?

In short, why does "stuff and the place to hold that stuff" exist at all?

"Singularity" is my answer to your question. Everything that was, is, or will be in existence, just IS. It's a never ending fractal of possible outcomes of anything that could ever exist. We're just privy to experience this specific part of "time" from a very small point of view.

I've written and deleted paragraphs upon paragraphs since I started typing this, and although I feel like I have somewhat of a grasp on the concept, for the life of me I can't find the right words/metaphor/analogy for something so grand and infinite.

Everytime I go down this path of thought, I come to the conclusion that god(the universe/everything in existence) is a giant super computer and we're going to wake up any minute in a futuristic bath tub, naked, covered in goo, with giant USB cords plugged into the back of our brains. (Which might be a good metaphor for what awaits us at the end of 'The Game', so to speak.)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join