It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is outside of our Universe? HAS TO BE SOMETHING

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I have no proof of anything, just an open discussion. SOmething must be outside of the universe. Why? Every time when we think we know how big the universe is, it becomes larger. Same thing when we thought the milky way was the universe, it became bigger. So to believe that there is nothing outside of this universe "holding us in place" does not make sense. Obviously, their must be something, if their wasn't then we would probably fall apart like broken particles.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Well if the universe is infinite then there is that, also the possibility of other universes so we would theoretically exist in a multiverse.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
It has to be something we cant comprehend yet.
It cant be nothing.... that wouldnt make any logical sense. To say a single universe exists and there is nothing else just does not make sense.

Infinitely infinite

A thing with in itself, everything is one, and one is forever and never at the same time. It is infinitely large and infinitely small but never nothing.
edit on 20-4-2011 by R3KR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
That's like...think about the beginning of TIME.....then ask yourself...what happened 10 minutes before that

to answer your question.........Another universe

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
That's like...think about the beginning of TIME.....then ask yourself...what happened 10 minutes before that

to answer your question.........Another universe

So with no time, there still has to BE something. The space we live in is infinite. Even if there are borders and things, it still goes on after that. I think once you get so far out from some point, you loop around and come back to the same exact spot....eventually.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
I have no proof of anything, just an open discussion. SOmething must be outside of the universe. Why? Every time when we think we know how big the universe is, it becomes larger. Same thing when we thought the milky way was the universe, it became bigger. So to believe that there is nothing outside of this universe "holding us in place" does not make sense. Obviously, their must be something, if their wasn't then we would probably fall apart like broken particles.

We call what we can see 'the observable Universe', which isn't much at all..and what we can observe we don't really comprehend..when i say we, i'm talking about the 'experts' (they readily admit as much themselves)it's a bit like seeing out of your front or back door and thinking our front and rear gardens are the extent of all there is!

My opinion is that each and every structure in existence is fractal in nature, for each microcosm there exists and analogous macrocosm..e.g. An atom can be thought of as a micro Solar system, and a Solar system can be thought of as a micro Galaxy...and so on.

If we don't all die out, i'd expect we will find that the Universe is simply a micro Multiverse (component of a much larger structure), and who knows, perhaps following the discovery of the Multiverse, we will learn that the Multiverse is simply a component of a much larger structure...a Megaverse perhaps?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I always like the idea of multiverse. We live in a unverse jampacked with galaxies, maybe there is billions of universes too? Who knows

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

I tend to agree with that theory.I have thought for some time now that our entire universe is in fact quite small.looking at our solar system it reminds me of atoms.Possibly the constructs of a much larger organism.like how the further we see into cells we find a lot of nothing,,,very similar to space
edit on 20-4-2011 by consigliere because: hit the button too fast

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Due to the anomalous moment and flow of matter within our universe with no foreseeable cause I think it is an immense structure of super dense matter. Perhaps compounded and spit out by black holes.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
What is outside the universe is the unknown when it becomes known the universe has grown to encompass it

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
What is outside the universe is the unknown when it becomes known the universe has grown to encompass it

Or its encompassing the lil universe already like a aquarium.. I wonder do fish feel water or is it like air to landwalkers....

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
An event horizon. Time is slower there. We are in a black hole that is decaying. It's singularity has reached a point of zero time and released its mass.
edit on 20-4-2011 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Man has mutilated time so much we can never understand it. If we can comprehend time and know the motions that go through it, for humans its eat, sleep, work, then we are living emobdiments of time itself. Unlike a dog or a cat

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
its like trying to reach the end of your mind. Its not going to happen.

kx

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

What is outside of our Universe?

Answer: More Universe. The Universe is called the Universe, why? Because it is everything that exists. It is infinite, and there is nothing outside. There is no such thing as an outside of the Universe, because the Universe encompasses all existence.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
its like trying to reach the end of your mind. Its not going to happen.

kx

That is called insanity.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

We can't even do something about what's going on, on planet earth... nor within our universe.
How do you suppose "do something" about something outside of it?..

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

SOmething must be outside of the universe.

Yes.

SOmething is.

Can you hear it?

It’s trying to get in.

Do you know what will happen if it does?

Can you guess what will happen?

There! Can you hear it?

It will find its way. It wants to.

It wants you.

There it is again. Hear that scratching?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Yes point of view is always what counts isn't it

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

So you subscribe to the whole "mirror/holographic" universe theory?I will say this,,,its quite interesting,,,

edit on 20-4-2011 by consigliere because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join