It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Babtist Church Tries to Disrupt Marine's Funeral & Gets Owned!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I love freedom of speech. One of the reasons why, is becuase you are responsible for what you say therefor you have no one to blame if you get your arse "waxed" for running your mouth.
Good job to them for handling the WBC.
edit on 20-4-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Ya know I sit and I wonder what exactly is it that sets their ass on fire?

what so mundane and horrible in their life that they evolve this horrid twisted world view and become hostile, whilst coming off as nuttier than a squirrel turd under an oak tree.

Seem unhealthy to live that.
edit on 20-4-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arcade425
I don't laugh at mentally retarded people but, WBC is at the bottom of the bottom. They came to Luzerne County,PA and did the same thing. They are going to get shot one of these days. Free speech is limited. People do not realize that. You can not go around and call a black person a "n....." or a jewish person a "k..." I know this is kinda off top but, I'm showing out freedom of speech is misunderstood. I am a former US Army Veteran and I hate this kinda stuff. Let the dead rest.

They actually are not retarded, they know exactly what they are doing. Most of them have been to law school also.

They are not an actual church, they are more of a family run extortion business, masquerading as a church, that uses lawsuits to get money. They want to provoke violent reactions, so that they can file a lawsuit, hoping for an out of court settlement to just go away. And with that, is how they support the whole Phelps clan and send them all to law school, to continue the process

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kinnerarity

running their trashy mouths.

Show me the evidence. What have the WBC said that's trashy? 3 words on a sign is different to saying something trashy. I've never heard them say something trashy. I think you've confused them with the counter protestors.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Buddha1098

Never said I said I hated them ,do I like what they stand for or believe in NO,does that mean I would stand on the street and spew hatred to them NO.When they get into the privacy of a family's funeral and disrespect a fallen Marine or soldier and their families and spew hatred to them,then yes I dislike them very much.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
They beat him? Well then, I guess we just proved were the savages they take us to be

On a serious note, although todays, along with yesterdays, generation believe a good ol ass kickin is whats needed, it's quite the contrary.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by firepilot

they are more of a family run extortion business, masquerading as a church, that uses lawsuits to get money

Baloney. You have no evidence of that. People say what you just said on threads all over the internet but I've never seen any proof.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
No matter how anyone discuss this, no one will be satisfied.

One will say its freedom of speech your a monster!
Another will say its not freedom of speech your a monster!

And then the discussion becomes a cycle of 'your wrong' statements over and over again.

... so then who is right and who is wrong?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Local community taking care of a local problem. As it should be. Very well done.
WBC is abusing the intent of the concept of free speech. Free speech is a concept with implied responsibility.
I can't define the extent of that responsibility and neither should a "government" but a local community can and should.
Again, the community dealt with this very responsibly and thoughtfully.
edit on 20-4-2011 by trouble_every_day because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanUKphd
reply to post by alonzo730

The community pulled together and stopped the Westboro Baptist Church. What a wonderful thing

And the community stopped the message of the WBC by posting all over the internet for millions more people to see and hear about the message. Way to go. Yay.

The message of how to deal with these preachers of hate was posted all over the Internet. Now more people are aware of the hateful message spread by WBC and can take actions to prevent their presence in their communities. They better hope God is with them the day they ever set foot in Scioto County Ohio! I hope you come with them that day to preach your hate, I would love to introduce myself to you!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DanUKphd

They quote the bible out of hatred and ignorance,through the lack of compassion and that I don't understand,and don't accept.No matter if the bible is true or not it doesn't justify this family's behavior.if they have the right to stand on the street and scream fire and brimstone to the grieving families then the people of the towns have the right to protect them.And I applaud them.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili

I would absolutely mind if someone denied me of my rights. Your post is right on and has shown me that I'm a hypocrite and should be ashamed that I want these pieces of corral-dust to be peacefully denied the opportunity prey on the misery and heartbreak of a family whose last remembrance will be the day of burial.

Does anyone know why these turds do not picket cops funerals? Think about it.

Re: ashamed, I'll accept my shame and sleep well tonight.

Peace (to some).................yak055h

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

they are more of a family run extortion business, masquerading as a church, that uses lawsuits to get money

Baloney. You have no evidence of that. People say what you just said on threads all over the internet but I've never seen any proof.

Sorry if you are not that informed, but that is EXACTLY what they do, and other have mentioned it.

Viritually everyone in this "church", are all part of the Phelps family. They do use lawsuits to get money, and they do send as many to law school as they can.

You should better inform yourself, before accusing someone of "baloney"

www.splcenter.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.kanewj.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I dunno, I despise Westboro church and what they do is vile and unconscionable, but its not exactly funny that that guy got beaten. Not to mention intentionally preventing those people from going where they wanted. The most important speech and RIGHTS to protect is that of those you disagree with. It worries me that the authorities conspired in this as well. Where do we draw the line? Who gets to decide who gets to say certain things and who doesn't? Do you think these people would have been just as protective if Westboro showed up to protest the funeral of gay person instead of a soldier?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DanUKphd

At a funeral? I think you should be allowed to piss people off, sure go right ahead. Stand toe to toe and spray spit on one another you are so mad. Im all for free speech. Even unpopular speech.

But leave people alone when they are burying their loved one. Its not the time, its not the place. We dont allow protests in operating rooms, in court rooms, in lots of places. Losing someone you love is one of the most emotionally painful things you will experience, you should not have idiots frothing at the mouth about their cause at one of the most private and horrible moments of your life.

They chose the funerals because they WANT the outrage, the press. They know they are pushing waaaay past what should be acceptable human behavior. Its just not against the law. And neither is what these people did. Trucks break down, sometimes behind parked cars. People get detained by the police. Its all legal. Just like being a jerk at someones funeral.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I was talking to my dad a little while ago about this and he told me it happened in my hometown in Ky a couple years ago.

Same scenario, a fallen soldier was to be buried and the WBC was here to protest and a local motorcycle club came by to lend assistance. Once the family and friends were at the funeral the motorcycle club blocked the road leading into the funeral home keeping them from entering the property. Held them off until everything was over and then they rode off.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Sorry if you are not that informed, but that is EXACTLY what they do, and other have mentioned it. Viritually everyone in this "church", are all part of the Phelps family. They do use lawsuits to get money, and they do send as many to law school as they can. You should better inform yourself, before accusing someone of "baloney" www.splcenter.org... en.wikipedia.org... www.kanewj.com...

And your source is the "SPLC" and wikipedia - I rest my case. P.S google SPLC exposed for lying.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

As it happens, everything they say is biblical.

Thats a joke!

Not suprised to see you in this thread Dan.

Have you ever been to one of the church services they hold?

Have you been to everyone of them?

Have you overheard everthing they say everywhere they go?

Are you their god that you hear everything they say or have ever said,
or are you their follower?

edit on 20-4-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by trouble_every_day

Again, the community dealt with this very responsibly and thoughtfully.

Beating someone up and blocking people's cars to prevent them from going somewhere is not exactly what I would call responsible nor thoughtful.

link   
reply to post by nunya13

In a smaller southern town, they arent just "authorities." They are friends and neighbors and fellow towns people. I LIKE living in small towns because people dont get so locked into their roles that they forget they are people. Which as I see it, is a good thing.

These cops acted in the best interests of the people who hired them to serve and protect. They did their jobs.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join