It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Babtist Church Tries to Disrupt Marine's Funeral & Gets Owned!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Situation Ethics.

Perhaps in this situation, although illegal, it was more ethical to prevent the harassment and emotional abuse of mourners, than to double park.

We are grown and have brains to reason this kind of thing through.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

You said it's up to the hotel to make the call to police... I said the police were called. Read the words that I type and not what you think I mean. I don't mean that like a dick either.. I'm just not that deep.. =)

I don't have an issue with them not towing the cars, if the police wrote tickets and the tow truck never shows that's not the cops fault. It's the cops bringing in members of the church for questioning to prevent them from protesting. It's an abuse of power and just as wrong from a legal standpoint as the WBC members are from a moral one.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
reply to post by BenReclused

For the record.
I did not draw the illustration.

Hi Skewed,

I knew that... my response was intended for "ViperChili".

Cheers! See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Regardless, these WBC nuts are loony and a danger to society. ( Hypothetically speaking )

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

In my opinion free speech is more important than someone's feelings. And that's really what we are talking about here. The WBC say terrible things to make people upset, and people wish violence upon them. Warped logic guys and gals.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused

I feel that your use of the Confederate flag, and the name "Bubba", is very indicative of your character, and mindset!

You are right, I don't know what I was thinking. I shouldn't stereotype like that.

Next time, I will ask the Mississippi state flag what it thinks:

It's a mystery where I got the idea for the confederate flag.

edit on 20-4-2011 by ViperChili because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-4-2011 by ViperChili because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DanUKphd

It has nothing to do with being religious at all,it's about having respect for your fellow human beings,respect and compassion for the family of the deceased.The wbc are a bunch of ignorant haters hiding behind the bible to justify spewing their hatred for anyone that doesn't agree and believe what they believe.That's not free speech that's abusing free speech.Shame on them....they are the most disgusting poor excuse for a human being..

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098
reply to post by Skewed

You said it's up to the hotel to make the call to police... I said the police were called. Read the words that I type and not what you think I mean. I don't mean that like a dick either.. I'm just not that deep.. =)

I don't have an issue with them not towing the cars, if the police wrote tickets and the tow truck never shows that's not the cops fault. It's the cops bringing in members of the church for questioning to prevent them from protesting. It's an abuse of power and just as wrong from a legal standpoint as the WBC members are from a moral one.

I don't see anything illegal within:

"A few made it to the funeral but were ushered away to be questioned about a crime they might have possibly been involved in. Turns out, after a few hours of questioning, that they were not involved and they were allowed to go on about their business."

Maybe they truly were suspected of being involved in a crime. It seems this group likes to "push buttons", I reckon this time they pushed the wrong one. Oh well...

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22

It has nothing to do with being religious at all,it's about having respect for your fellow human beings,respect and compassion for the family of the deceased.The wbc are a bunch of ignorant haters hiding behind the bible to justify spewing their hatred for anyone that doesn't agree and believe what they believe.That's not free speech that's abusing free speech.Shame on them....they are the most disgusting poor excuse for a human being..

On the one hand you say they are ignorant for spewing hate at those who they disagree with, and the next sentence you call them disgusting excuses for human beings because you don't agree with them.

Obviously what they say is far worse than what you said. My point is just because you are more tactful doesn't make it any more right. You are guilty of the same thing that they are, only the degree is different.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

I could be wrong of course, but the overwhelming evidence, albeit circumstantial is that these people were brought in for questioning about a crime the police knew they did not commit.

In fact, the WBC people are the only people who did nothing LEGALLY wrong in this case.
edit on 20-4-2011 by Buddha1098 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
you know there is a bill in the House to block protests at funerals, which means bye bye WBC

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili

Where you got the idea means nothing to me, it's what you did with it that is telling! You are just as closed minded as those that still do "proudly" display the Confederate flag on their vehicles. I've seen a lot of them in the North too!

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused
reply to post by ViperChili

Where you got the idea means nothing to me, it's what you did with it that is telling! You are just as closed minded as those that still do "proudly" display the Confederate flag on their vehicles. I've seen a lot of them in the North too!

See ya,
Milt

Generalizations do nothing to further your argument. So viperchili put some humor into it....I see the humor, are you going to judge and label me as well?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
you know there is a bill in the House to block protests at funerals, which means bye bye WBC

I am happy to hear that. Thank you for posting it. I will be happy to hear when it becomes illegal to do these kind of protests. And I am sure some will pizz and moan when it becomes illegal to do so. I'm sure there were those who pizzed and moaned when it became illegal to yell "FIRE" in a movie theater.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

It has nothing to do with being religious at all,it's about having respect for your fellow human beings,respect and compassion for the family of the deceased.

I support the WBC. I support their message, their actions, their words, their First amendment rights. If they were picketing the funeral of one of my family members then I'd have to swallow my pride and find out from the WBC why. I'd want to look them in the eye and find out exactly why they were picketing a funeral I was attending. What I would never do is turn on Fox News to find out what the "voice of reason is"

As it happens, everything they say is biblical. I might not like what the bible says but I'm not going to stick my fingers in my ears and tell myself a lie because crazy people pretend something isn't true when it clearly is true.

So to answer your statement here, there's no greater respect than to tell the truth. There's no greater disrespect than for the media to craft a lie so that people internalize that lie and accept that lie as the truth.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

you know what buddy? I hope they show up at YOUR funeral when you drop dead and protest!!!
Lets see how your family reacts!
you fail dude, I believe in the first amendment, but there is a TIME and a PLACE for it, and that place is NOT AT A FUNERAL.

Honestly, I think youre a troll

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Buddha1098

The only crime I see, without "reasonable doubt", being committed was the assault. I feel this should be pursued, and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. If other crimes are uncovered, I agree that they too, should be pursued and prosecuted in the same manner.

As it stands, all I see, other than the assault, is "overwhelming evidence" of manipulation of the law. Manipulation of the law is not illegal, and is practiced by lawyers, on both sides, every time they go to court. The protesters have been doing this all along and, for a change, the locals beat them at their own game.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

you know what buddy? I hope they show up at YOUR funeral when you drop dead and protest!!! Lets see how your family reacts! you fail dude, I believe in the first amendment, but there is a TIME and a PLACE for it, and that place is NOT AT A FUNERAL. Honestly, I think youre a tro

They are hardly likely to turn up at my funeral after what I just said in their defense. Doh! you're one of those wavy mary people who can't make their mind up. You support Freedom of speech but don't support it. Doh!

Either you support freedom of speech or you don't. Which is it?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by HabaneroPepper

Consider yourself judged and labeled! :lol Hard as I try, it's hard to avoid. I'm sure you've done the same of me.

I wasn't trying to further an argument! All I did was state an observation.

Cheers,
Milt

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

you know what buddy? I hope they show up at YOUR funeral when you drop dead and protest!!!
Lets see how your family reacts!
you fail dude, I believe in the first amendment, but there is a TIME and a PLACE for it, and that place is NOT AT A FUNERAL.

Honestly, I think youre a troll

Exercising a right is not subject to peer review as to whether the time and place is appropriate.

I can always tell when an ignoramus is speaking with they add the "but" portion to the end of something like "I believe in our rights, BUT".

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join