It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Babtist Church Tries to Disrupt Marine's Funeral & Gets Owned!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Once again I was disapointed by the ending of the story.

I commend the police and citizens involved for their calm decorum.

I firmly believe a much better ending would have involve the motel mysteriously catching fire.

Hey, it could have been a "sign from God"!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Gator

Originally posted by DaddyBare
reply to post by buskey

You do know what's gonna happen... sooner rather than later...

some bereaved parent/spouse/child... is going to get heckled by these Westboro nuts... and that bereaved person is going to start shooting... and when everyone's all shocked.... we can say... and you didnt see this coming???
edit on 20-4-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

You are absolutely right. And that is exactly the reason that I am a patriot guard member.

Maybe getting shot at is WBC's ultimate goal. It would be a publicity bonanza. If that is the case, I will do everything in my power to keep them from getting their way.

What's really sad is when they are confronted by someone hostile they have their kids move up to the front of the line... If I had to make a prediction I would say… it’s one of their kids gonna get killed… not the grownups doing all the inciting… Ever get down here to Parsons KS hit me up… I’ll buy you a beer

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Preventing another car from leaving by parking behind it is certainly against the law.

I took a few minutes to make up an illustration ( this is not an actual image of the parking lot

Hope that helps.

edit on 20-4-2011 by ViperChili because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili

Show me the law as it would apply to this case and I will retract my statement.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili
reply to post by Skewed

Preventing another car from leaving by parking behind it is certainly against the law.

I took a few minutes to make up an illustration ( this is not an actual image of the parking lot

Hope that helps.

If I had known that Bubba would be there, I would have gone. I've been trying to meet him for years!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I have mixed feelings about this story, and I suspect a lot of others do too. On one hand these WBC jerks certainly had this coming to them: a funeral is a holy ceremony, and if you mess with something that's holy you'd better be prepared to have it come back at you. I don't blame the local folks one bit for taking the law into their own hands.

On the other hand, I don't agree with the cops hauling people off for 'questioning' for an alleged unrelated crime. That is obviously police abuse.

Legal rights and freedoms are there to protect everyone. If the rights of even the lowest scumbag are respected, then we are all protected. I don't think the law should pick and choose who deserves legal rights and who doesn't.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Buddha1098

No not what they are saying - no one has that right. you can not walk into a theater and yell FIRE... I think
hate speech or not invited guests should be respectful of the death of a fellow human. I'm really shocked someone hasn't taken a couple of them down. I just dont know how people can put up with such vial disreguard for desency. If you want to protest a funeral - I dont know, whats the point.
edit on 20-4-2011 by ISRAELdid911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LS650

I don't blame the local folks one bit for taking the law into their own hands.

But would you blame the local folks if they did the same to you?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanUKphd But would you blame the local folks if they did the same to you?

Like I wrote, I have mixed feelings. I can see why the local folks felt justified in what they did, -and- I can also see why it's wrong.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LS650

Isn't this what makes America so great!!??

Only in America can things like this happen.

Generally speaking, these are the sorts of things that we as a nation have always done, it is part of our history.

Disobedience at its best.

edit on 20-4-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ISRAELdid911

Yelling Fire in a crowded theatre is dangerous because people could be hurt trying to evacuate. Sorry but this has no bearing on this case. These people's garbage is offensive. You're setting a precedent saying freedom of speech should be limited if it hurts someone elses feelings??? Seriously???

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Skewed

Hope that helps.

That is very creative and illustrates your point!

After a bit of research: If the location on private property is regulated by governmental codes/ordinances and traffic laws such as handicap parking stalls, loading zones, fire zones etc., then the police officer has jurisdiction to issue tickets.

So yeah, blocking other cars can be deemed illegal.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by HabaneroPepper

But...the hotel has to request it or make the call. The police will not arbitrarily come onto the property and start writing tickets.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed

But...the hotel has to request it or make the call. The police will not arbitrarily come onto the property and start writing tickets.

Correct. The call has to be initiated by said property owner.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

So my statement still stands, as it is private property and it is between the hotel and customer, and whether or not the property owner wishes to involve the police.

Just like if some person decides to park their car in your homes driveway, no tow truck or police will come and move it until you make the call.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

The police were called and did nothing.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed

So my statement still stands, as it is private property and it is between the hotel and customer, and whether or not the property owner wishes to involve the police.

Just like if some person decides to park their car in your homes driveway, no tow truck or police will come and move it until you make the call.

I dunno, Im no lawyer or anything of the sort. Im just reiterating what I read. The blocking of other ppls cars could be deemed illegal, but the variables involved such as , jurisdiction, city code, etc..come into play.

ETA: One thing I do know, is that, that Viperchili guy does know his stuff. i've seen him on other threads and he's pretty well versed in Constitutional law, and things of that nature.
edit on 20-4-2011 by HabaneroPepper because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Skewed

Hope that helps.

I feel that your use of the Confederate flag, and the name "Bubba", is very indicative of your character, and mindset!

Also, I put more trust in Wikipedia's article than I would your drawing. Especially after your demonstrated bias against the South. Pay close attention to the last sentence of this article. It says: "A slight variation of double parking is the legal practice of parking right behind a parked car, blocking it in." Perhaps it doesn't apply in Mississippi, but I know your drawing isn't an accurate representation!

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Buddha1098

Most of the morons never made it out of their hotel parking lot. It seems that certain Rankin county pickup trucks were parked directly behind any car that had Kansas plates in the hotel parking lot and the drivers mysteriously disappeared until after the funeral was over. Police were called but their wrecker service was running behind and it was going to be a few hours before they could tow the trucks so the Kansas plated cars could get out.

So the policemen were supposed to tow the cars away with their cruisers?

Scenario:
The police come at the wishes of the hotel management to tow vehicles from their lot because they are not guests. The police place a tow ticket on the car for the towing company to pick up and take away. The police contact the tow company and the tow company informs the police they are short handed and will be there as soon as they can.

Illegal? No. Gray area? Sure. Conspiracy? Most definitely.

edit on 20-4-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

For the record.
I did not draw the illustration.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join