It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Babtist Church Tries to Disrupt Marine's Funeral & Gets Owned!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
They need to continue getting their asses kicked until they get it. If I had family serving die, I would go ballistic on them if they even attempted to picket the funeral, no way, I would gladly go to jail and pay a fine.

This is one for the good guys imo.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili
reply to post by Doc Gator

And everyone should just overlook the crimes the citizens committed in the process right?

That makes it ok?

No. The police should investigate any suspected crimes. The prosecutor should then decide if a crime has actually been committed and file charges if appropriate. It will then be up to a jury to determine guilt or innocence. One of the basic tenants of civil disobedience is to accept any lawful punishments for your actions in order to highlight injustice in the system.

So no, breaking the law is not ok, but sometimes it is the best option that an individual has.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed

And what were their crimes again.

I think I missed that part.

Battery for starters

A couple of days before, one of them (Westboro protestors) ran his mouth at a Brandon gas station and got his arse waxed. Police were called and the beaten man could not give much of a description of who beat him

Illegal parking/blocking a driveway

Rankin county pickup trucks were parked directly behind any car that had Kansas plates in the hotel parking lot and the drivers mysteriously disappeared until after the funeral was over.

A case could also be made for false imprisonment

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I disagree with everything about the WBC. And this story has all the elements of urban legend.

That being said, if this is true - it appears that some WBC member was met with violence, and later on county/government trucks attempted to prevent the WBC's presence by rendering their vehicles unusable.

1. Violence is not an appropriate response to anyone with a differing opinion.
2. Government stifling free speech in this manner is unconstitutional and un-American.

Congratulations, Mississippi. You're now less classy than the Westboro Baptist Church members.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

So if someone doesn't like what you have to say, they are free to beat the ever living crap out of you in order to get you to shut up?

Cool sounds good.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmorVincitOmnia

While the story is funny, just remember, if a police department/local government can conspire to violate the civil liberties of a group you dislike, they can do the same to you.

Very true, and frightening point. However, it is great to see someone standing up to these bastards. Love that no one remembered what had happened. Thanks for sharing Buskey.

You are quite welcome, and love your avatar!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by buskey

You do know what's gonna happen... sooner rather than later...

some bereaved parent/spouse/child... is going to get heckled by these Westboro nuts... and that bereaved person is going to start shooting... and when everyone's all shocked.... we can say... and you didnt see this coming???
edit on 20-4-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

So if someone doesn't like what you have to say, they are free to beat the ever living crap out of you in order to get you to shut up?

Cool sounds good.

Did you read my post? I can't control what other people do. If they break the law they should be punished. If I break the law, I expect to be punished. Last time I checked, committing an assault is breaking the law.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili

If I intentionally overstep the bounds of reason, concerning my rights, I am more than willing to accept the consequences of such actions. So yes, you are correct in this assumption!

There are better venues to express one's opinions on current affairs, than at a funeral. This group is, without a doubt, overstepping the bounds of reason! This has nothing to do with the opinions they are expressing, or whether or not, I agree, or disagree with them.

See ya, Milt

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Cool sounds good.

This is an extremely difficult question of morality vs. freedom of speech. Now allow me to expose my hypocritical side.

I sincerely believe that everyone has a right to publicize their beliefs without getting physically assaulted.

- however -

If my son was killed in action while serving in the military and the WBC showed up and screaming that they were glad he died, he deserved it, etc......well, let's just say I'd be spending a considerable amount of time in jail.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DanUKphd

PSYOPS, Federal Involvement. Wow. Who's crazy now?

When someone makes Hannity look good, you know they're bad.

I'm done responding to you. Obviously you support their vitriol, and that's your choice and your right to do so. I don't support what they say, but I support their right to say it. End of story.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Battery for starters

A couple of days before, one of them (Westboro protestors) ran his mouth at a Brandon gas station and got his arse waxed. Police were called and the beaten man could not give much of a description of who beat him

Sounds like he may have put himself in a position to get beat up. As it said, "running his mouth". If some bible thumper came to my town protesting one my family members for serving in the US Armed Forces, I may have given him a beat down as well. Let the court decide what happened, but apparently no one seems to know anything about it. HMMMM.....Talk about a conspiracy.

Illegal parking/blocking a driveway

Rankin county pickup trucks were parked directly behind any car that had Kansas plates in the hotel parking lot and the drivers mysteriously disappeared until after the funeral was over.

It is not illegal to park your car behind another. The hotel may have signs posted something to affect of "parking for guests only". Ok, fine, that is between the hotel and its customers, the law does not apply as the parking lot would be private property.

A case could also be made for false imprisonment

Was it imprisonment or was it questioning?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeyBones

>>>> with the police getting involved

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Okay look...
It's not about morality vs. freedom of speech...
it is about Decorum and Appropriateness...

A servicemen's funeral is not the proper place to be voicing your objections to gay rights...

Free speech is the most misunderstood concept of all time... yes you have the right to speak your mind, unless that speech is hurtful or harmful to others... then they have other names like liable and slander

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

It is not illegal to park your car behind another

That much I agree on. Police cant do much on private property parking lots.

[ example] ever had your car hit in the grocery center parking lot. Cops come out? Not much they can do..private property. I found out the hard way.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
reply to post by buskey

You do know what's gonna happen... sooner rather than later...

some bereaved parent/spouse/child... is going to get heckled by these Westboro nuts... and that bereaved person is going to start shooting... and when everyone's all shocked.... we can say... and you didnt see this coming???
edit on 20-4-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

You are absolutely right. And that is exactly the reason that I am a patriot guard member.

Maybe getting shot at is WBC's ultimate goal. It would be a publicity bonanza. If that is the case, I will do everything in my power to keep them from getting their way.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
Free speech is the most misunderstood concept of all time... yes you have the right to speak your mind, unless that speech is hurtful or harmful to others... then they have other names like liable and slander

Are you sure that "harmful or hurtful to others" is the exclusion?
I don't believe it is.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Cheering this??? So committing crimes against a bunch of guys who you hate is ok? Why would anyone support this when there is tons of legal means of dealing with them? Not to mention the inherent risk that this might spread to dealing with other protesters too. Free Manning group or that pink anti-war crowd could be next. After that g8 protesters etc. etc. and there is no end. There are tons of legal methods and those are what you need to use. Especially against a bunch of money hungry lawyers who exploit the system.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join