It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Babtist Church Tries to Disrupt Marine's Funeral & Gets Owned!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This is exactly the type of discussion I hoped to generate here. I think most of us are in the same quandry:

Hate the WBC and what they do/stand for

- but -

Don't believe our rights to free speech should be compromised but hate that it protects organizations like WBC.

Same kind of deal as the Qur'an burning fiasco.

edit on 20-4-2011 by buskey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused
reply to post by buskey

Great post! You just made my week! It doesn't matter to me that the "rights" of those SOBs may have been violated. As far as I am concerned they intentionally violate one's RIGHT to "rest in peace".

They wanted attention... they got attention. Good for them!

See ya,
Milt

Surely you won't mind when government agents violate your rights then correct?

Or is it only ok to violate the rights of those you disagree with?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DanUKphd

There is a difference between being a Christian (aka being "Christ-Like") and being a foul-mouthed troll that is profiting off of protesting military funerals. Do you think Christ would condone this behavior? I don't think he would.

Some food for thought.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Do you think Christ would condone this behavior? I don't think he would.

Perhaps you ought to read the bible and then you wouldn't need to "think" about what Jesus would do.

Maybe start with Kings where they dig up the graves of dead soldiers and burn their bones!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

This was not about killing Christians.

It was one idiot that got beat up for announcing that he would be protesting at a funeral. The police couldn't get anyone to identify the perp. BIg deal.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I am always the first one to support freedom of speech;however, there are situations that surpass human decency and common sense. I can think of nothing more horrific than WBC protesting at the funeral of a fallen soldier! Since when is it "Christ like" to inflict pain and suffering on someone who has lost a loved one? How can these people call themselves Christians?

Perhaps it isn't Christian of me to "snicker" at what was done to WBC but I'm sure God will forgive me for it.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

This was not about killing Christians. It was one idiot that got beat up for announcing that he would be protesting at a funeral. The police couldn't get anyone to identify the perp. BIg deal.

And in a year or 2 from now you'll be saying "So what they killed a Christan, big deal"

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The main 'issue' with the WBC is that it is a church full of lawyers specializing in exploiting their privileges to practice law for the benefit of the church itself.

It's a scary thought.

Too bad the BAR has a legislated monopoly; or they might face a real problem in court.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanUKphd

This was not about killing Christians. It was one idiot that got beat up for announcing that he would be protesting at a funeral. The police couldn't get anyone to identify the perp. BIg deal.

And in a year or 2 from now you'll be saying "So what they killed a Christan, big deal"

Isn't that what the world was doing when the Buddhists were being attacked, or how about the Muslims, or heck, any religion for that matter. People turn a blind eye all over. This isn't about Christians vs. the World. That argument is crap. This is about a group of sick, twisted individuals abusing the Constitution for their own ends. It's not right, but the First Amendment protects their hateful vitriol. They are not Christians, and this is coming from the mouth of someone who knows plenty of Christians who despise and condemn their behavior. These people say the same thing.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by grumpydaysleeper

I am always the first one to support freedom of speech;however,

Oh please. You should read your own words. "I'm all for free speech but I'm not for free speech" You might as well say "I'm all for war but I'm not for war" "I'm all for ATS but I'm not for ATS"

Give it a rest and think for yourself. If it wasn't for Margie Phelps winning a case that supports your first amendment rights then I wouldn't have the pleasure of reading any of your posts here.
edit on 20-4-2011 by DanUKphd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
First they came for the communists..................

www.veni.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

This is about a group of sick, twisted individuals abusing the Constitution for their own ends. It's not right, but the First Amendment protects their hateful vitriol. They are not Christians,

So you read 3 words on sign and concluded they are sick and twisted before you even heard what they have to say. Well there is an explanation for that.

There is something that is a bar to all knowledge, and that is condemnation before investigation.

link   
I think this is fantastic.... I'm glad they were thwarted from their disgusting protests.
These people need to learn that this kind of thing is not acceptable.

These people are the scum of the earth.

link   
This isn't a religious issue. Whether the WBC people are Christians or not is irrelevant. The issue is do these people have a right to say what they said? And the answer is yes. There are limits to free speech, you can't yell fire in a theatre because people could get hurt. In protesting this Marine's funeral the only people likely to be hurt are the Westboro baptist church.

Anyone who applauds the police for shutting these guys down better accept it when they shut down people who you agree with as well..

link   

Originally posted by ViperChili
While the story is funny, just remember, if a police department/local government can conspire to violate the civil liberties of a group you dislike, they can do the same to you.

Very true, and frightening point. However, it is great to see someone standing up to these bastards. Love that no one remembered what had happened. Thanks for sharing Buskey.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

You're foolish.

I don't think that most people in this county will ever have the attitude that it's OK to kill Christians.

However, WBC, is a disgusting group of people that utilizes the media for to gain attention. WBC members should realize that they are not acting in the name of most Christians. Can you imagine Jesus, protesting at the funeral of a soldier?

One guy got punched in the face. That's it. If you mouth off to the wrong people, expect to be punched. That's not anti-christian, that's common sense.

How would you feel if it was your brothers funeral that these morons were going to protest? What would members of your family done if one of the WBC church members told them they were glad your brother died?

You need to get over yourself. Sometimes laws get broken and no one gets punished. That's life.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I despise WBC and all they stand for; however, those applauding the violent and obstructionist actions taken to prevent them from exercising their constitutionally protected rights should remember this and the joy you are currently feeling...then apply that feeling next time your rights are infringed upon by other citizens who oppose your constitutionally protected actions.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanUKphd

I absolutely abhor violence of any kind,
but the truck thing was awesome.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I personally think that laws and bills and so on are not the limit.
There is right and wrong... and yes, It's all purely subjective I'm sure.

But what these people do are wrong... end of story.
If some locals and LEO's want to impeded these disgusting creatures from spreading their poison.... all power to them.

edit on 20/4/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Lol God showed him. Obviously an angel trick

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join