It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Babtist Church Tries to Disrupt Marine's Funeral & Gets Owned!!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

I dont think other protesters will be next. This group want to anger people, they get of on it so attacking them is giving them what they want in a way. but I bet they think twice about doing it again. I have to admit if that was my friend or familyu members funeral I dont think that I could keep my kool.

The thing that would annoy hem the most would be rto ignore them totally and treat them like the joke they are. Problem is when they interfere with people strong emotions then things like this will be inevitable.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

I dont think other protesters will be next. This group want to anger people, they get of on it so attacking them is giving them what they want in a way. but I bet they think twice about doing it again. I have to admit if that was my friend or familyu members funeral I dont think that I could keep my kool.

The thing that would annoy hem the most would be rto ignore them totally and treat them like the joke they are. Problem is when they interfere with people strong emotions then things like this will be inevitable.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Actually, if anyone wants to prove a point here, it would be this.

This here is a perfect example of how we as citizens of the US are divided. It shows how we only attack the messenger. It shows how we cannot agree on a single common interest. Tragic as this story may be, this soldier is not the one to blame for anything. Everybody is so divided we are always barking up the wrong tree. Get it together people, take all this energy bickering back and forth and put it to good use. The protests should be done on the lawns of businesses and capital buildings. It serves no purpose other than driving a wedge deeper between us at a time we need to be united.

But wait a minute, we cant be united together until someone flys a plane into a building, then we come together for about 6 months then right back to the old ways of screwing each other over again.

edit on 20-4-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098
reply to post by buskey

I dunno.. It's a scary precedent the authorities are setting here. Don't get me wrong I don't agree with anything the Westboro people say, but they should have the right to say it. Perhaps the police were trying to avoid any more beatings.It's not right, but if you are going to say hateful things, you should expect violent repercussions.

The police most likely saved there lives by stopping them. If they had been let to get to the funeral they could have been shot.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanUKphd
Thirdly, if they are fighting so you and I can have freedom of speech then shut the hell up.

If they are fighting so that I can have freedom of speech, why should I? That made absolutely no sense at all.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by buskey

A couple of days before, one of them (Westboro protestors) ran his mouth at a Brandon gas station and got his arse waxed. Police were called and the beaten man could not give much of a description of who beat him. When they canvassed the station and spoke to the large crowd that had gathered around, no one seemed to remember anything about what had happened.

It is not right to physically assault someone for simply running their mouth. Whoever did that should have to pay restitution to the victim. Its also wrong to a far lesser degree to park a car in a way that restricts their car from moving. Whoever did that should also have to pay restitution for the damages caused... which I imagine could be extremely small... like less than $100 for the cost the lost time, but could be large if people traveled there 1,000 miles for a meeting and and then missed it because of the cars designed to block their movement. Then much bigger restitution should have to be paid.

The freedom of speech is one of the last remaining rights in the USA, and it would be ashamed if people think we should lose it because of two dozen scam artists profiteering from hate speech. The freedom of speech is too valuable to shed because of a few trouble-makers.

I don't feel sorry for the WBC trouble-makers and they should have expected what they had coming. But, even the worst of us are owed justice and human rights. They do have rights and in a free country they will be compensated for damages done to them despite a low opinion of their character.

Sure, a sign that says "God hates fags" which the WBC group is famous for, its highly offensive. But on some level it also gives me a good feeling... a feeling of security that I can express my feelings without the government thought police attacking me for it. That sign reminds me that there is something special about America.
edit on 20-4-2011 by civilchallenger because: quote mark

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by buskey

I have a feeling that the Westboro Baptist Church members are the result of what happens when a bunch of drunken Aliens attempt DNA manipulation, while wearing beer googles.
I belive they combined Jackass DNA and the backwash from their drinks and some vomit from their friend Klatuu on a dare. Klatuu is such a light weight.
The end result was the WBC.

And as for as anyone saying they have a right to do this....If you can't distinguish what these "mutant sub humans" are doing is right or wrong? Then have yourself committed! This as basic as it get's! There is no grey area here.

Take a stand! And grow a pair!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanUKphd
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

you have no idea if that soldier killed anyone.

Doesn't need to have killed anyone. But firstly, someone killed 1.5 million Iraqis. Secondly have you seen videos of the training a soldier gets? It's on video and it's anti-god. The war is about oil. Thirdly, if they are fighting so you and I can have freedom of speech then shut the hell up.

Why don't you join that awesome church if you believe in their cause, troll.

Meanwhile, i like to think i choose my battles carefully.

I would glady go to jail and do my time just to kick the s.... out of anyone who is in this church.

Keep in mind i have never been in trouble, let alone jail, my entire life.

I would do this out of service to the families feelings, which is what this is all about in the first place.

I say the whole country protests their family when one of them dies.

Blame the country, blame whomever, but don't harrass these families on the day of their childs funeral. It's disgusting.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this, you just made my day. I wish that I could give multiple stars and flags, but I can only give one of each.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I wouldn't doubt it if Westboro Baptist wasn't a government operation just like most of the skin heads and other hate groups. I can see them doing this to shut down free speech.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

edit on 20-4-2011 by caf1550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!.

There will be no more insulting one another!!!!!!!!!!!

Debate the topic not each other and do not call other members names. It is expected that each of us will behave with courtesy and respect towards one another whether you agree or not.

edit on 20-4-2011 by gallopinghordes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Thread closed since civil discussion doesn't seem possible on this topic.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join