It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Babtist Church Tries to Disrupt Marine's Funeral & Gets Owned!!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Yeah, but don't you think that justifying such actions because they "deserve it" makes us no better than them?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Well, I can see blocking access to the funeral but not justifying the beating and blocking their cars in the hotel parking lot.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
[
Beating someone up and blocking people's cars to prevent them from going somewhere is not exactly what I would call responsible nor thoughtful.

The WBC members made it out alive, I think that shows the townspeople were thoughtful and responsible.

That one guy who beat the guy might have been the least of their worries had they made it to the funeral. Perhaps their being delayed was in their own best interests. One of these days, someone really will lose it and kill one of them. You cannot push people who are grief stricken that hard, that mercilessly, and expect to get away with it forever. Someday someone really will snap, and I wont feel a bit bad for them.

I will feel more sorry for the person who snapped, and hope the judge has compassion.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanUKphd
reply to post by firepilot

they are more of a family run extortion business, masquerading as a church, that uses lawsuits to get money

Baloney. You have no evidence of that. People say what you just said on threads all over the internet but I've never seen any proof.

Evidence here: Easily verifiable in dozens of other sources.

law.justia.com...

Its a known fact that Fred and his minions make most of their money from lawsuits -

So much so that his litigations are a matter of National Security; NorthCom

puts out advisorys when he makes announcements of his protests

because they keep track of that Fred and his family members which comprise this WBC

and how they make most of their money when they sue people.

www.blackfive.net...

edit on 20-4-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by yak055h

Does anyone know why these turds do not picket cops funerals? Think about it.

Say what?
WBC to protest slain St. Petersburg officers

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Gator
I despise the WBC and everything that they stand for. But keep in mind that this is not an example of civil disobedience. This is an example of a tyrannical government conspiracy. We don't need the 1st amendment to protect popular speech. The 1st amendment is there to protect unpopular speech. As much as I detest their message, I think it is within the 1st amendment.

A better path may be local laws to restrict demonstrations within x feet of funeral services. I know some communities have done this but I don't know the legal status of these statutes.

While i completely agree with you, I kinda think you get what you ask for.

Personally we have our freedoms as long as we dont encroach on others freedoms. I believe the WBC is encroaching on peoples personal lives.

There is a time and place for protest and to think funerals are one of those places, makes me sick.

That said, kick all of their asses.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Agreed. This turn the other cheek crap is baloney. This whole thing sounds as if the townspeople had this all planned as they rightly should have. From the sounds of it, the only thing that was not planned was the one guy getting beat up, but it seems like he put himself in that position. Hell, the guy was probably talking smack to the fallen soldiers family members.

Natural justice is awesome.
edit on 20-4-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

link   

reply to post by kinnerarity

running their trashy mouths.

Show me the evidence. What have the WBC said that's trashy? 3 words on a sign is different to saying something trashy. I've never heard them say something trashy. I think you've confused them with the counter protestors.

want proof?

Filthy hatemongers, anyone that follows these people need their head examined

link   

At a funeral?

Yes absolutely at a funeral. If those soldiers had believed in God in the first place then there wouldn't be a funeral.

But leave people alone when they are burying their loved one.

If they truly loved their children they wouldn't have sent them to war. Thou Shalt not Kill. 6th Commandment. Soldiers are trained to Kill. You defend a murderer.

They chose the funerals because they WANT the outrage, the press.

WANT outrage for what reason? So they can sleep well at night knowing that nut jobs want to kill them? Oh yes that makes sense to me now. Look. They picket funerals out of Love not Hate. Why is that so difficult to understand? Why am I the only person who sees it?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

Yeah, but don't you think that justifying such actions because they "deserve it" makes us no better than them?

I disagree.

Human beings codify into law the common sense rules of behavior that some people just cant seem to hold themselves to. Laws do not encompass ALL the rules of human behavior.

No normal human being would protest at someones funeral. Unless it was Hitler, perhaps. But most people know that there are lines you just dont cross, and seriously, losing someone you love is hard. Its the worst time of your life. You dont make that worse for someone if you have an ounce of humanity.

I am better than them. I would never protest at their funeral. AND I care enough about the feelings of unrelated human beings I do not even know to want to shield them from people like the WBC making the worst moment of their lives even more unbearable. Maybe you cant see the difference, but I do. Law is a bottom line, its not the whole moral code. These idiots may force the issue so that more law is written to deal with them, which would be a shame. We dont need more laws. We need people to do the right thing because it IS the right thing.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Hope they burn in their hell...WBC is trully scum...

I just wonder how long it will take for them to become violent them selves and the the thing they hate.

And as for Staff Sergeant Rogers, even though i'm Army, Semper-Fi! one team one fight!

Hooah.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arcade425
I don't laugh at mentally retarded people but, WBC is at the bottom of the bottom. They came to Luzerne County,PA and did the same thing. They are going to get shot one of these days. Free speech is limited. People do not realize that. You can not go around and call a black person a "n....." or a jewish person a "k..." I know this is kinda off top but, I'm showing out freedom of speech is misunderstood. I am a former US Army Veteran and I hate this kinda stuff. Let the dead rest.

Agreed...free speech should be used wisely.
Just because one can say a certain thing, doesn't mean they should and if they mouth some rot to someone, then they should expect to get thier a@@ kicked.
I love it everytime someone takes a pot shot at those people, they make me sick. My Dad was a Vet of WW2 and this kind of idiocy from WBC really torques me but good.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

If they truly loved their children they wouldn't have sent them to war. Thou Shalt not Kill. 6th Commandment. Soldiers are trained to Kill. You defend a murderer.

Im not going to get into a debate on whether or not the Commandment covers war. But what I will do is point out you have no idea if that soldier killed anyone. Not everyone in the military kills people. The soldier is dead. My concern is less for his/her sake than that of the living who grieve him/her.

Jesus also commands you not to judge, but you arent letting that stop you, are you? You shouldnt stand behind the Bible unless you can do so without looking like a hypocrite.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This is about FREEDOM OF SPEECH as it applies to us all.

We have already went over this many many times and what they were doing, although in very poor taste, is within the limits of the law and legal.

What many of you are condoning is violence and unlawfulness in order to prevent them from speaking and that is EXACTLY how the slippery slope begins.

50 or 60 years ago the same thing would have been done to Doctor King and his Freedom Riders or Long haired hippy freaks in general etc etc.....

You must be too young to realize what has been lost or to old to think we have nothing left to lose.

The other thought that crosses my mind is these WARS.

These Illegal Unlawful criminal Wars that we have been waging yet where are the protests?
No, all we hear about is these religious zealots, the very same mentality that is being currently engraved into our soldiers minds as they shoot and kill by day and pray to god in their little "voluntary" prayer groups by night.

Some sort of sick perversion of anything even closely resembling the #ing truth! is what it is...

These boys are not heroes and most of them will tell you the same, are not defending america and many of them are starting to wake up to this reality, are not fighting for our freedoms and many of them out of simple brainwashing and fear will shoot and kill us if they are told to do so by their superior nazi officers or at the very least help round us up and put us into fema camps so some doctor can administer the final solution and the majority of them simply wanted out of their dead end town, some coin in their pocket and maybe a little money to go to college on.........Seik FN Heil!

Nationalism, Fascism...
Pat Tillman
Pat Tillman

Know your enemy!

After Pats Birthday

I think Kevin is now awakened yet sadly only after this level of betrayal....

So, they got you all fighting over our rights and not paying attention to these never ending wars hmmm yes..... perfect....

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DanUKphd

so tell me, if the WBC condoned pedophilia, that would be okay? is that freedom of speech?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

reply to post by firepilot

they are more of a family run extortion business, masquerading as a church, that uses lawsuits to get money

Baloney. You have no evidence of that. People say what you just said on threads all over the internet but I've never seen any proof.

Evidence here: Easily verifiable in dozens of other sources.

law.justia.com...

Ifs a known fact that Fred and his minions make most of their money from lawsuits -

So much so that his litigations are a matter of National Security; NorthCom

puts out advisorys when he makes announcements of his protests

because they keep track of that Fred and his family members which comprise this WBC

and how they make most of their money when they sue people.

www.blackfive.net...

And the first source was a civil rights action law suit against Ronald Reagan. Look don't think your pulling the wool over my eyes. You might be able to con some simple minded people with your ill research on Law Suits but not me. 1. That Law suit is from 1987: foot in mouth. That suit costed them money.

I just can't be bothered explaining this to people over and over and over.*snip* SHOW ME THE REAL EVIDENCE
edit on 20-4-2011 by gallopinghordes because: to remove insult; stop insulting other members.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
My view, no matter how much people may disagree is that you're a-ok to have any opinion and do what you want, except when it severely impacts the lives of others. Verbal attacks and mental anguish are hard to protect against when they aren't defined as crimes and can fall under being a protected freedom. However, it is also the freedom of these people to take a stand against an ghoulish monstrosity like the WBC. If anything, it shows these people saw a common foe and stood shoulder to shoulder to keep their sense of peace and stability safe.

I think this was an adequate way to deal with the church. People united to stand against a group that they loathe and acted on it. I support this kind of unity and coming together of the community whole heartedly.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DanUKphd

Yeah, NorthCom issues bulletins advising people they are planning protests...

And has tracked their litigations, knows they do this as a scam to make money

I posted the proof of that.

So you stop making things up and quit ignoring the facts...

www.blackfive.net...

Trust me you not fooling anyone here.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join