It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're Not Prepared Unless You Have

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
This thread is devoted to "MUST HAVES" for your BOB and survival suite. Without these items life could be very difficult if you were without them.

Top of the list: SHOE GOO
eclecticproducts.com...
you cant very well get around if your shoes get damages and you have no way to fix them, and you don't have an extra pair on hand. I use it, its cheap and there's nothing else that compares

#2. on this list is: dental filling cement. it comes in many brands but "Denseal" is a "Permanent" dental bond filler
dentala2z.co.uk...
you cant afford to have a broken tooth or to lose a filling, so you better be prepared. a toothache will take you completely out of the game

#3. flashing strobe magnesium fire starters. when you need a fire right now, you cannot afford to spend a second struggling over your fire starter kits.
www.pyrocreations.com...
These little jewels could mean life and death in the event you weren't properly prepared.
I coat them with silicone to ensure they remain waterproof until i need them and they burn hot enough for 10 to 15 seconds to ignite thermite
be sure to buy at least $20 dollars worth for countermeasures

#4. 1 watt burning laser. they come in many styles and strengths, they can start fires, can be used as a weapon site, but can and will instantly blind your aggressors.
www.dragonlasers.com...
I prefer the 1 watt 808nm infrared diode, because they cant see it in use and they would be totally clueless

cgi.ebay.com...

#5. BALL TEA STRAINER. its can be used to strain out debris and make tea..lol
coffeetea.about.com...
walmart sells them for a couple bucks in the food prep section near the spatulas

These are but only several must haves for your BOB, but everyone should participate and share in this exercise of 'MUST HAVES" especially of things that haven't already been posted in other similar threads IE: water filters,duct tape, para cord,knives, guns,pepper spray,flashlights,ETC
bring in the unique proven and helpful so we can all learn new and helpful things.

edit on 20-4-2011 by anumohi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I'd definitely recommend a Fresnel Lens for the long term survivalist.

Make sure you pick up one larger than the super cheap credit card sized ones, as they don't have the power quite necessary for simple fire making. Get one about 4 inches +

I'd rather have a proven and long lasting fire starter than a wonky laser, and if you are relying on blinding your enemy with a laser beam, consider yourself drastically unprepared.
edit on 20-4-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
i recommend a mangifying glass to start fires if you ever run out of your other options.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi

#4. 1 watt burning laser. they come in many styles and strengths, they can start fires, can be used as a weapon site, but can and will instantly blind your aggressors.
www.dragonlasers.com...
I prefer the 1 watt 808nm infrared diode, because they cant see it in use and they would be totally clueless

cgi.ebay.com...

Why are those laser pointers so expensive?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

yes, magnifiers of any type are a great assets and should already be in your BOB, but the pyrotechnics are specific for instantaneous guaranteed success in extreme instances and are an absolute "must have"

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
my tip..a good insect repellant.I use 3parts water to 1 part teatree oil its has citronela in it which is a natural repeller,ive also just recently added a solar power watch..

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

you can build them yourself, there are hundreds of links and forums devoted to this technology, and ebay carries every component. the reason these companies want so much for their product is because "they can"

youtube has tutorials on this subject www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
A good suppy of liquor.After a hard night moving from place to place,you will need plenty of liquor to relax with and reminisce about the day.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Don't laugh,but a Sham-Wow.
You know the super absorbant towel.
You can use it to wipe the dew off your tent or soak water out of a dirty puddle
that you couldn't get out by trying to dip it out.
www.amazon.com...

With a water filter
www.forgesurvivalsupply.com... d=3

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
i recommend a mangifying glass to start fires if you ever run out of your other options.

Just buy a handful of bic lighters,when the fuel runs out,you still have a device that creates a spark.
edit on 20-4-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Plenty of cigarettes.Finding cigarettes while on the move will provide time consuming.Why not start the voyage off with cartons of smokes.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tephra

if you are relying on blinding your enemy with a laser beam, consider yourself drastically unprepared.

oh i assure you that with my wonkey 1 watt 800 nm infrared laser, my enemies will no longer have a function

and they will never see it coming

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
my tip..a good insect repellant.I use 3parts water to 1 part teatree oil its has citronela in it which is a natural repeller,ive also just recently added a solar power watch..

to your insect repellant

But the Solar powered watch? Dude use the sun! HEHEHEHE if your having to 'survive' are you really going to have to remember your 3pm haircut? lol sorry just made me giggle...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Don't laugh,but a Sham-Wow.

definitely

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Seems like it would be a pretty big pain to start a fire with sparks from a lighter. I'd rather just hold a magnifying glass over some leaves. But thats just me.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

in the dark, with wet leaves, while your in subzero weather conditions?

edit on 20-4-2011 by anumohi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Seems like it would be a pretty big pain to start a fire with sparks from a lighter. I'd rather just hold a magnifying glass over some leaves. But thats just me.

Unless your magnifying glass broke and all you have is a spent lighter.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Unless your magnifying glass broke and all you have is a spent lighter.

you should already have lighters in your BOB. this thread is about Other not previously threaded BOB items

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tephra
I'd definitely recommend a Fresnel Lens for the long term survivalist.

Make sure you pick up one larger than the super cheap credit card sized ones, as they don't have the power quite necessary for simple fire making. Get one about 4 inches +

I'd rather have a proven and long lasting fire starter than a wonky laser, and if you are relying on blinding your enemy with a laser beam, consider yourself drastically unprepared.

My Fresnel lens is the size of a standard sheet of paper and with direct sunlight will allow for burning through an aluminum can in less than 2 minutes.

A Fresnel lens is a MUST have IMHO.

Good call on that recommendation.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The most important thing would be a water bottle, 2 days without any water and you are in serious trouble.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join