It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$25 million given to Libyan rebels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Dismissing concerns over possible links between Libyan rebels and al Qaeda, the Obama administration has notified Congress it is providing $25 million in nonlethal aid to the rebels’ effort to drive Col. Moammar Gadhafi’s regime from power.

Source

This is very generous of Mr. Obama... Just think how that money could have been utilized in stimulating our own economy. However, more disturbing, all that money came from you and me... And all for the sake of 'Dismissing Concerns'
edit on 20-4-2011 by TomServo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The fact is no one is really sure who the rebels are but the west are doing everything they can to push gadaffi out the real losers if gadaffi holds on are sarkozy cameron and obama
Yeah $25 miliion worth of non lethal equipment is a lot with qatar arming them aswell

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TomServo

well and libyans will do what with this money ? Atomic bomb ? Let's go for a military state (Libya) !
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/78850a4575ca.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 11/04/11 by LaTouffe because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/04/11 by LaTouffe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I think when you spread the wealth around it's good for everybody.
Barack Obama

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DarylHamblett

So you are full on communist or just a little communist? Its not the governments job to 'spread the wealth'. People dont need government handouts, they need jobs! They need regular, reliable incomes! I, along with many others, contribute to the needy without the government forcing me to. If you improve the jobs, you improve the standard of living, you increase the average income, you increase the economy. Unemployment is a result of government handouts. I know these people. Why would they choose to work their tail off at a min wage job when they could take the cop out and take in a welfare/unemployment check without having to work?

But that's not the point here!!! The point is that our administration should consider the welfare here at home before dabbling in welfare abroad. Priorities, my friend!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
ha ha
the us paying al cia duh
to steal libyan oil and start a central bank...
how much of libya's money did the us steal?
a lot more then they gave the rebels

that the us is fighting in Iraq and...

go figure
edit on 20-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TomServo

Al Qaeda is still a threat. We cannot pretend somehow that because Barack Hussein Obama got elected as president, suddenly everything is going to be OK.
Barack Obama

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DarylHamblett

I agree they will always be a threat... But i dont see how frail attempt to fund a disorganized collection of rebels could possibly help that situation...

But my argument remains: Our government is in no economic position to be handing this money out at this time.
edit on 20-4-2011 by TomServo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join