It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Because I Can, Because I will, Because I do!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
My wife thinks I'm crazy, but I don't think so.

I'm a resident of NH, USA, and I have a license to carry.

She asks why I do carry, thinking that I'm crazy and/or paranoid. My response is that it is my right to do so, and the world is going to crap all around us.

Am I crazy for carrying a sidearm just because I can? My thoughts are, Absolutely Not.

Anyone else want to throw their two-cents in on this one?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by billybobh3

peace and love man !

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

As a fellow carrier, I think you already know the answer to your question and that you are just looking for a fight! I think you came to the right place.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
If you're crazy for doing something you have the right to do, then it must be normal to break the law and do things you are not allowed to do.

Talk about being born into slavery. The matrix is real. :p

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
My wife and I are both armed to the gills. Why? Because the world is coming apart at the seams and I intend on living long enough to make a new life after the fact.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Shoot only if you have to, simple. I dont know why people freak out over guns if you trust the person who is carrying it. If you have kids i can understand why should would be upset, you do not want young ones getting a hold of a .44 magnum or whatever you have.

Peace and Love to All

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

As far as I'm concerned, an armed society is a polite society.

Would we have had atrocities, at least such SUCCESSFUL atrocities, as school shootings and the like if we didn't set up unarmed victim, er, sorry - GUN FREE zones and if some of the people present had weapons with which to defend themselves?

I would gladly have someone bearing arms handy if I were ever anywhere that someone decided to open fire for whatever reason.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AOA2012
If you have kids i can understand why should would be upset, you do not want young ones getting a hold of a .44 magnum or whatever you have.

Having kids around should never be an issue if basic firearm safety methods are used. You just need a place to secure them when they aren't being carried and/or there are children around. You also need to teach children about gun safety, since one of the scariest things I ever saw was a demonstration that the only way a small child can pull the trigger with their weak little hands is to use their thumbs - which automatically points the pistol at their head.

Then there are people that go way overboard with their gun fear. A retired neighbor just told me that the only way his wife will let him keep his rifle in the house is if the ammunition is locked in one place, the magazines in another, the bolt in a 3rd place and what's left of the rifles is in a closet. So, I asked him what was this rifle that made it soooo dangerous that he had to do all of this? Answer, a Marlin .22 semi-auto ...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AOA2012

We don't have children, our nieces and nephews are our 'kids'.

Lately, our normally peaceful state of NH has been receiving it's own rash of violence and bloodshed. That being the case, after 15 years living here, I've finally decided to carry.

I am not 'looking for trouble', but I want to be ready should it happen in my presence. I don't think that that is asking for too much. I am truly a cream-puff under normal circumstances.

Basically what it boils down to, as it always does, is the fact that NO ONE is going to directly threaten either me or my wife (my family) and get away with it.

There are appropriate responses to every situation: I'm trying to keep myself prepared for the worst-case-scenario.

edit on 4/20/2011 by billybobh3 because: spelling

edit on 4/20/2011 by billybobh3 because: spelling: again

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I thought MY wife was bad. She only complains about my carrying in public.

She doesn't however, complain about me keeping it by my bedside at night, fully loaded and chambered. She also doesn't complain when it is next to my chair in the living room, once again, fully loaded and chambered.

I guess, based upon your description of your neighbor's situation, that I don't have really much to complain about. I just feel that my attempt to protect 'my own' (including the lives of both me and my wife) is meeting more resistance than warrented by her based upon the daily news, if nothing else.

SM2

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I personally carry every where I go. I do not leave home without it. Luckily my wife fully supports both open and concealed carry. With the world going down the crapper as it is, gang banger violence spilling into nice suburban areas, home invasions, armed robberies etc, I believe it is the responsible thing to do. All the detractors can flame me all day long, thats fine, they will change their tune when someone like us prevents a criminal from shooting them and their family over $20.

top topics

join