It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 of no Concern? Then, why is our own government hoarding 2012 food supplies?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
This guy builds 2012-Apocalypse 'Bunkers'

Part of his commitment/responsibilities to clients - of which only 33% of applicants get in(!) - is to supply 250 man-years worth of food into storage - Pay attention to the part where he says that *twice* in the last two years his orders have been canceled or backordered due to Government interference citing FEMA Acts/Legislation allowing them to jump in front of commercial buyers.

Deny, deny...

edit on 4/20/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

These tin cans won't mean much once the Earth turns into a star.

Say whaaaat?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Pay attention to the part where he says that *twice* in the last two years his orders have been canceled or backordered due to Government interference citing FEMA Acts/Legislation allowing them to jump in front of commercial buyers.

Yes because 2012 is the only possible disaster FEMA would ever be tasked with planning in advance for. I mean that's why it's called Federal Emergency 2012 Agency. I'm still confused as to what impending doom scenario the consensus is for 2012, planet X impact? Physical pole reversal? The entire universe splits apart? Alien invasion?

Whatever, I'm denying ignorance starting with 2012 nonsense. Why is this guy selling these things? Because crazy hyped up whackjobs have convinced mentally unstable people they need them. I suggest you read the link in my signature before you attempt to sway my position on 2012.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Who cares even if it is true and something is going to happen would you want to live in a box eating canned food for the next couple of decades, if poop hits the fan in the way people predict the surface of the Earth ain't going to be habitable for a long time, long time so enjoy your canned peaches and I hope you don't get the runs, as for me I'm going to have a great time while I'm alive and take fate as handed to me. Peace

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

That's pretty much my stance on the whole subject. I just find it all very interesting.

I'm neither panicking, nor preparing. But, I find it hilarious that people ignore the evidence all around them, that preparations are being made, at the highest levels for something imminent and catastrophic.

I don't subscribe to any single 2012 theory, just have noted that 'around that time' (nowish) it seems that our collective acceleration of consciousness (as a civilization, Ray Kurzweil talks about Technological Singularity, but it applies to all sectors of life) is leading to bigger problems, and more frequently (climatic, economic, political, you name it...)

edit on 4/20/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

Pay attention to the part where he says that *twice* in the last two years his orders have been canceled or backordered due to Government interference citing FEMA Acts/Legislation allowing them to jump in front of commercial buyers.

Yes because 2012 is the only possible disaster FEMA would ever be tasked with planning in advance for. I mean that's why it's called Federal Emergency 2012 Agency. I'm still confused as to what impending doom scenario the consensus is for 2012, planet X impact? Physical pole reversal? The entire universe splits apart? Alien invasion?

Whatever, I'm denying ignorance starting with 2012 nonsense. Why is this guy selling these things? Because crazy hyped up whackjobs have convinced mentally unstable people they need them. I suggest you read the link in my signature before you attempt to sway my position on 2012.

Of course, I will read your suggestion. Like most others on this site, I just want the truth - whatever it may be - I will consider all sides to any argument. Please, consider my post immediately above this, as well. Do you not agree to some extent, of an acceleration in occurence and magnitude of world events that seem to be crescendoing and culminating to a head right about 2012 in the grand scheme of things (Earth time-wise?)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Yes because 2012 is the only possible disaster FEMA would ever be tasked with planning in advance for.

Well, let's look at this logically for a moment.

This guy, has a limited amount of time to procure his food stores, because HE has to have this all done prior to 2012, right? Right.

The government (and you), who do not believe in any this foolishness, would have no sense of urgency to excessively flood the supply chain with demand, right? Right.

F.E.M.A. is an organization - that has been around for 33 years - that has actuaries, project managers, materials planners, supplier engineers, etc... who's job it is to budget current and future levels of materials needed to carry out their emergency operations, right? You would think so.\

So, in conclusion, The governement is not just buying it up in abnormally large amounts, but it is doing it at a rate that suppliers cannot keep up with, all of a sudden! Enough, to where, their orders are larger (they'd have to be) than a guy who is preparing every one of his bunkers with enough food for 60 people to last 4 years on, for immediate use, practically! That's an AWFUL lot of demand, in an AWFUL short time, for an ENTITY that could've been slowly preparing for any possible NON-E.L.E. for quite some time, now.

How do you reconcile these points?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I would have more faith in news of FEMA, the military or DC stocking in if we could see the reason the invoice(s) were generated. For all we know these purchases are being made year after year to replace aging supplies.

Online is a lot of info about USA gov't rabbit holes that they have had built and later abandoned as they trade up to the next best thing. Our DC friends have no qualm in spending your hard earned money to indulge their Continuity Of Government fantasies.

There is some great online photos of other modern power countries hidden lairs of the past too. Even if they are never used, they all serve as a powerful tool to persuade people by instilling fear and doubt.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
You know that most government emergency preparedness agencies suggest you keep food on hand right? You know the Red Cross recommends so too, right?

Not all preparation is "crazy." Some of it is merely sensible. Recommended. Prudent.

Let us not even go as far as saying the surface of the planet gets blasted. What if another great drought came? What if in your area you have a Katrina type event? A day of supplies isn't enough. A week of supplies is a MINIMUM standard you should be considering. A month is more reasonable.

If you "accepting fate" means that you understand that in the case of a major disaster of the type Nibru people talk about, then sure go ahead. But the likelihood is that you are going to SURVIVE a disaster.

And then starve because you thought the government should be able to get into you in 2 days. When the government will have to TRIAGE, and you might not make the first several cuts in the triage. Sections of New Orleans STILL haven't made the triage cut.

If you have children, babies, their survival ability is less than an adults and they rely on YOU. When you have an infant, and you don't have diapers, don't know how to deal with cloth diapers, you don't have formula AND you don't have any water....well even three days is going to seem like a freaking eternity.

Do you truly not comprehend the distinction between being a scout like "Be Prepared" and a "We're going to Crash into the Sun?"

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
They saw what happened in Japan, saw how Japan reacted to a disaster and decided that they need to have the same amount of resources in the event of a disaster.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by gsup1

This was likely filmed long before Japan.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Do you truly not comprehend the distinction between being a scout like "Be Prepared" and a "We're going to Crash into the Sun?"

My post, 2 above yours (this quote) addresses this (you were likely typing as I was closing out my long reply (4 minutes))

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
This is food especially made to cover supply in case of some emergency/disaster, right? If so, then government/military would be the main customer in this market ("ordinary" people dont stack this kind of food in greater amounts usually). So its no surprise, that a new customer in the market, like these guys that build shelters for 2012, interferes with FEMAs usual demand. The manufacturers are prepared to deliver the amount of food,the government usually buys (they would not be able to sell much more anyway). Now there shows up some big customer, that wants to buy a bunch of canned-anti-disaster food and directly competes with government agencies. So for them its only reasonable to invoke their right to buy as a premium customer, otherwise they couldn´t buy their normal demand.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

2012 is one of the most predicted doomsday dates plus alot of the governtment believes in it, where is the proof that something will actualy happen or if something dose happen that *Say a solar flare* it would even hit us.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This really reminds me of the same hysteria before Y2K. People were buying bunkers, buying propane generators, and spending a lot of money on things that computer programmers (and scientists and everyone else) said wouldn't happen.

The Mayans, who couldn't even predict the drought that caused the collapse of their civilization, did not believe anything unusual would happen in 2012, according to the Codexes (their written material.) The Mayan people (the ones who survive to this day) do not believe in 2012 -- or they didn't until tourists with a lot of money showed up and started asking for stories of Global Disaster.

"2012 preparedness" is going to be a good source of revenue for writers and for manufacturers of survival equipment. As with the Y2K kerfluffle, they'll find themselves cash short again in 2013... until someone finds another "disaster" to scare folks with.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

You are the first person to mention the Maya in this entire thread...!! (?)

Interesting.

But, now that we're on the subject, let's at least get the basics down:

The Maya neither created the calendar, nor predicted anything with it. They just came across it and documented it the best.

The essentials of the Maya calendric system are based upon a system which had been in common use throughout the region, dating back to at least the 5th century BCE. It shares many aspects with calendars employed by other earlier Mesoamerican civilizations, such as the Zapotec and Olmec, and contemporary or later ones such as the Mixtec and Aztec calendars. Although the Mesoamerican calendar did not originate with the Maya, their subsequent extensions and refinements of it were the most sophisticated. Along with those of the Aztecs, the Maya calendars are the best-documented and most completely understood.

-Source [Wiki]

Furthermore... (I was never a 'Y2K person') But, what is your rationale for the calendar ending / restarting / recycling / whatever...?

There is a reason it is important.

I realize that it trackes solar, lunar, Venus, and other celestial movements, but it does so, SO precisely, that after ALL these years it is only 33 seconds off! Simply amazing.

Why would ANY system of counting/tracking have such a Loooooong period? A Timeframe which extends longer than any living organism that has existed on earth, that is known, could possibly make any logical use of it.

Whoever created it, had a reason for doing so. That's the question that needs answering.

But back to the topic of this thread. Sounds like you may[i/] agree, but that hey are 'worry warts' too. (?)

edit on 4/21/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Everyone criticizes the government for not being prepared in disasters, then when they are prepared the same people cry conspiracy.

It's insane.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
It's pretty frigging scary that our own government is hoarding food from manufacturers that the average person would buy from.

Now, it is far more expensive to buy provisions for six to twelve months. Something is going on and we are in the dark. The gov't is not telling us everything.

Buy canned goods, dried beans, dried fruit and dried milk. If the government is doing it, so should you!

What a scary time we live in. Hope I don't see any of ya all in the FEMA camps.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Your going to be in for it on this thread. There are so many people, not only here on ATS but world wide that are so comfortable with the status quo that they will deny there own common sense and attack you because they can't imagine a world where things will change.

All signs, man made and nature point to sudden and abrupt change but most will not even admit to the very things that are now happening every day around them.

Do not look for approval from others in this time, look only to your own common sense, your own wisdom and prepare as you will.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

So they have stored enough food to feed 250 people for a year? Amazing!

FEMA buys durable food goods to feed people in emergencies? Amazing!

Some guy is willing to build bunkers for money? amazing!

Yep, that seals it right up, we are all gonna die... Amazing!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join