It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks suspect being moved out of Quantico

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmosKid
I don't care what he did. He's an idiot.! He knew the implications of what he was doing. He knew it would cause damage to the U.S. But, apparently, he wasn't serious about being in the service of the president of the United States of America, because the person who wears the uniform of a member of the armed forces of the United States only has one obligation. To fight our wars and win them at any cost, by any means, and as quick as possible. No exceptions. No Mercy. No morality. No buts, ands or ifs. The MOST immoral thing about war is losing one. If we have to take everybody with us to win this one, so be it! But you have to win.

Would you suggest then not reporting government misconduct? I'll use the Shinwar massacre as an example. If you learned that egregious incident had taken place would you not want the soldiers to be punished, and then for that information to go public? It's wrong for the Bush and Obama administrations to play that down, or even lie and say it didn't happen. Shouldn't you question your governments actions? Stand up for what is right. Don't be a drone and just do what the government wants of you just because you think you arbitrarily "have to win."

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Terrorist

thats interesting i violated your right to privacy and i get a free pass.

no skeletons in that closet? nothing that could be remotely taken out of context?

come on no one is squeaky clean.

and the law forbids any action like what i proposed.
edit on 20-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

In that hypothetical circumstance you hadn't violated my privacy, I had given you permission to access my information, just as Bradley Manning had permission to access all the information he disseminated. He doesn't have a "free pass," yes it may be illegal to leak the information, but you can not seriously think that "illegal" is synonymous with morally "wrong."

I wasn't saying that I'm squeaky clean. In the analogy I had indeed done "terrible, legally reprehensible things," remember?

When you are in Private Manning's position and you discover something illegal that your government did, you have a moral obligation to make that information public.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

all laws in the land are derived from morality and just because you gave me access i have no rights whatsoever to take any information i obtained from you and take it elsewhere.

the laws are quite clear the morality is also quite clear.

taking something that doesnt belong to myself is breaking the law and immoral

and go ahead and bring up our previous exchange its fair game

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by boncho

Not talking about the WAR, talking about Hanoi Jane's ACTIONS during the war, traitorous, disrespectful and disgusting
Look HERE

pathetic and disgusting human being

Guess you missed the whole point of that. The point I was making was that no war was declared on Vietnam. And even worse, lies escalated the military action against the country.

So if she is traitorous, what about the people that lie to/in congress? What are they?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I am a citizen of one country. The U.S.. And thanks for calling me a drone. Let me make my position perfectly clear. I spent 20 years in the US NAVY. I worked with classified information for 20 years. I protected the information I was given because I agreed to protect it. I'm quite sure, as a matter fact, 100% positive, that some of the operations I was involved with resulted in the death of "non-combatants" So be it. That is the nature of putting on a uniform. You might kill someone, even if they didn't deserve it. But what I'm saying here is what Manning did was his own choice, and he was wrong because he obviously doesn't comprehend the nature of warfare. If what you trying to get me to say is that the government of the United States is criminal in its current defense of US Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic, I say no. As long as we win I don't care. Now, I know your going to tell me that I'm evil, and I'll burn in someones Hell, but that's ok, go ahead. I sleep just fine. I dont't believe in Hell, or God, or the Devil or Allah. Manning is in jail because he put himself there. No one else did. He Did. He put himself in the slammer. He is responsible for his own actions. He knows what he did. It's not a mattter of right or wrong. He broke a contract and now he has to pay for his own mistake.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

all laws in the land are derived from morality and just because you gave me access i have no rights whatsoever to take any information i obtained from you and take it elsewhere.

the laws are quite clear the morality is also quite clear.

taking something that doesnt belong to myself is breaking the law and immoral

and go ahead and bring up our previous exchange its fair game

...I really don't know how you're not seeing the picture more clearly.
Answer me this:
If you were on my computer, and you had access to all of my information, though we had agreed that you couldn't give any of the information to anyone, do you really think anyone would find it immoral or even care about the legality of you putting the evidence that I had raped and murdered someone on your thumb-drive and later gave it to the police as evidence?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmosKid

I am a citizen of one country. The U.S.. And thanks for calling me a drone. Let me make my position perfectly clear. I spent 20 years in the US NAVY. I worked with classified information for 20 years. I protected the information I was given because I agreed to protect it. I'm quite sure, as a matter fact, 100% positive, that some of the operations I was involved with resulted in the death of "non-combatants" So be it. That is the nature of putting on a uniform. You might kill someone, even if they didn't deserve it. But what I'm saying here is what Manning did was his own choice, and he was wrong because he obviously doesn't comprehend the nature of warfare. If what you trying to get me to say is that the government of the United States is criminal in its current defense of US Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic, I say no. As long as we win I don't care. Now, I know your going to tell me that I'm evil, and I'll burn in someones Hell, but that's ok, go ahead. I sleep just fine. I dont't believe in Hell, or God, or the Devil or Allah. Manning is in jail because he put himself there. No one else did. He Did. He put himself in the slammer. He is responsible for his own actions. He knows what he did. It's not a mattter of right or wrong. He broke a contract and now he has to pay for his own mistake.

I'm not calling you evil or anything, I'm just shocked you don't find it wrong to kill an innocent person. When you kill an innocent person, that's not something you should ignore. The fact that you're at war doesn't somehow magically justify it. You still need to report that.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

The old sad, two wrongs make a right argument used by children.

People may have and may still die as a result of the leaks. Actions have consequences and Traitors are evil people that only other evil people defend.

Those defending him it seems to me do so, because they want to be free to hack and steal themselves.

Oh, yes, the "two wrongs don't make a right" argument...
I covered it here in Canadian Politics.

The bottom line, is polarizing opinion, and the prosecution of one person but not another, is a political tool to drown out underlying issues while letting people think problems are solved.

People look at consequences of crime without understanding the causes. And for most, it is just fine to punish a few people here and there to give the appearance of resolution without understanding the complexity of the issue.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

sorry no i wouldn't you gave me access to your computer and i would not divulge that information to anyone

BECAUSE ITS AGAINST THE LAW no matter what the information contains.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmosKid

s long as we win I don't care. Now, I know your going to tell me that I'm evil, and I'll burn in someones Hell, but that's ok, go ahead. I sleep just fine. I dont't believe in Hell, or God, or the Devil or Allah.

This above quote I can respect.

And I would respect governments if they took the same lines.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Damn... seriously? That's pretty dark. You have some issues to work out with your concept of morality.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

It's the stock reply in threads where anyone criticizes any part of American policy. "You hate America! Why don't you move to Russia or China!"

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Ha, you get a star for that one. Yeah I had really hoped people would be a bit more receptive.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

someone else has some issues to work out too

manning broke the law which is ok
bush broke the law which is not ok.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
If Bradley Manning had uncovered a video and secrets of U.S. soldiers killing U.S. civilians would you feel differently about him?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

What? If one does not like American foreign policy, they must stop using American products? How does that make sense?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

So,now I'm not only a drone, but a raping, murdering drone!. OK. Here's what I'm saying. Win. If we have to kill ever living thing on the surface of the earth to call that a win, then so be it. If your trying to convince me to say only US citizens in uniform are the ONLY criminals on this planet, You won't. If your trying to get me to tell you that rape and muder only get commited by US citizens in uniform, you won't. You don't like US citizens in uniform, sorry about that. Nobody else but US citizens in uniform ever commit crimes or rapes or murders.is what your saying. I got it. Here's what I'm saying. You don't disclose classified information, to anyone, for any reason, because they make you sign an agreement not too. You don't get to make the call, regardless of what the information is because you probably don't have access to the complete nature of the information in the first place. You don't get to make that call just because you think it's "wrong" or because it might make you cry. I hope that clears my position up for you.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

the only person that is acusing him is curently instatutionalized!, this is a CIA railroading and there just trying to get this kid to roll over and confess false information about assange cause they got nothing on him in his so called murder trial wich also another CIA plot to get him. Even if the kid is guilty which he has not even stood trail for they have no right to torture this young man.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

well does sitting around on websites COMPLAINING change foreign policy? NO

neither will a boycott of american goods or services but hey continue by all means do whatever it takes to make yourselves feel better about yourselves.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

edit on 20-4-2011 by neo96 because: double post sorry

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join