It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Australian Police - Video of Brutality!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nahsik
reply to post by Havick007

Yep as long as they don't use a gun.
If a drunk and disorderly man came at a police officer with a knife, which happens often here in Australia if you actually watch the news, they usually shoot the perpetrator.

They do that here as well. Using a non-lethal way to subdue a suspect is the right way to go. They also video tape these just for this instance. Do you really think they had to release this tape if they wanted to squeal opposition?

I drink occasionally but not often. I also think people make mistakes and sometimes wrong decisions. If your going to be an ass and put yourself into a situation where you are a threat to people and to law enforcement, you also better be prepared to be tazed if you can't control your actions. If you drink and drive, guess what? You better be prepared that there is a chance, if not a good chance, that you might kill someone.

BTW, I don't always agree with tazing. I think it's over used at times but based upon the video, yeah, it might have been over used but not by much. BTW, you do realize many, if not most police officers do have to go through being tazed, right? It's part of their training. Same with military personnel with tear gas (technically CS gas) that have to practice clearing procedure. They are stuck in a small room, filled with gas and as part of the training, they need to remove their mask, get flushed with the gas, then place their mask back on once inundated with the chemical agent. They then need to know how to clear the chemical from their mask.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

Your in denial....

The poice has overwhelming numbers and enough back-up to handle one prisioner....

Yet they used a stun gun numerous times on him... listen to the clip and watch it properly, you hear the stun gun going off....

Even the police commisioner of Austrlia didnt agree with it.... unless you didnt read my subsequent post's properly... perhaps before you make a judgement you should show some diligence and intiative....+

Acting Police Commissioner Chris Dawson said the force was not proud of what happened.

"It was wrong, it's unacceptable, it was alarming when I looked at it and it'll be alarming when the public view it.

Do they seem like the words of a justified police force??

Have you ever visited or lived in WA... the way they treat native or Aboriginal Australian's is shocking.....

It's npt about their treatment but about the way they are supported by the government... it's nothing compared to a white Australian and is disgusting!!!

edit on 20-4-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by Bearack

ok great... as soon as you actually exeriance a taser let me know....

Never been tazed but I've been lit up by a 30,000 volt capacitor in a copier I was working on. Have you ever experienced a basic training gas chamber? I can honestly say... "been there, done that"!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Are you stupid? I agreed with you for what they did was excessive? I only commented in general that tasers are necessary in other serious situations. Before voicing your opinion read where other people are coming from.

Or maybe you should actually read my first comment again? Can you read the sentence where i said what they did was excessive? Do you understands that they brought in new reforms for the excessive use of tasers in similar situations like the video you posted originally in the thread?

Originally posted by nahsik

Police walk on the fine line between law and order and a criminal charge, they have to do this day in day out. This was excessive and yes they were fined. They have brought in reforms for this with further training provided in the police force for taser uses and also tasers now have a camera on each one of them. They need to justify themselves every time they use it.

I would rather them use a taser than a handgun any day of the week. It saves lives.

edit on 20-4-2011 by nahsik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Maybe you should watch the movie -

Rabbit Proof Fence ( 2002 )

In 1931, three aboriginal girls escape after being plucked from their homes to be trained as domestic staff and set off on a trek across the Outback.

Just remember how this country started and the way Native Australian's are treated is a disgrace to this land......

Never forget or leave behind the true people of this country....

A Treaty???

Lost... in time.....

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

no... I'm not stupid!

Sorry perhaps i mixed up your quotes with another reply....

link   

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by nahsik

Your in denial....

The poice has overwhelming numbers and enough back-up to handle one prisioner....

Yet they used a stun gun numerous times on him... listen to the clip and watch it properly, you hear the stun gun going off....

Even the police commisioner of Austrlia didnt agree with it.... unless you didnt read my subsequent post's properly... perhaps before you make a judgement you should show some diligence and intiative....+

Acting Police Commissioner Chris Dawson said the force was not proud of what happened.

"It was wrong, it's unacceptable, it was alarming when I looked at it and it'll be alarming when the public view it.

Do they seem like the words of a justified police force??

Have you ever visited or lived in WA... the way they treat native or Aboriginal Australian's is shocking.....

It's npt about their treatment but about the way they are supported by the government... it's nothing compared to a white Australian and is disgusting!!!

You do realize there is a substantial difference between a stun gun and a police taser?

link   

And now you've chosen to make this more of a racial issue?
So what is the actually point are you trying to get across now? Just because he was aboriginal that he was treated more severely for his disorderly conduct?

edit on 20-4-2011 by nahsik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I can't speak for other Australian's but i have to add that although this movie is old, it still brings real tears to my eyes...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

To be honest not knowing from what part of Australia your from but I think we both need to sleep and stop ranting over a situation that has been dealt with and has had some media attention over the use of force by the police and has definitely been one of the factors to question the use of tasers in our society. NITE!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

hey!!

waaait a sec, if you knew what the judicial system was like in WA then you might understand why i added the racial issue...

I agree that the taser issue isnt just racial.. it cover's all of us, but i added this in because the man that was in that fiitage was an aboriginal..... thats all

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

Melbourne... that's where i'm from! - - Where are you from???

Although i have been lucky enough to travel across many parts of this land and see differebnt persectives on racial and legal issues.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

I understand the differnce... watch the OP clip and then gain some perspective on what i am discussing....

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Although i am a white Austrlian, my preants and their parents were born here, but we actually originate from Europe....

I am a simple person with a small amount of influence in political and legal issues...

The preblem is that too many Australian's do not see the real problems in this country. It took Kevin Rudd to come along to finally admit that the Australian government had to apologise to natives for Australia to realise the wrongs... Although it seems that even know there was an apology, the government doesnt care so much.

Aboriginal comunities with no government support, aboriginal citiznes being treated like criminals and not looked after properly....

Untill you have spent tme in or lived in WA or NT communities that have no tolerance or no care whatsoever... then please... dont comment!!!

Let me add this;

The Aboriginal Dreamtime Stories are far older than Aztec's, Mayans or Egyptians.... these people have been native inhabitants of this great land for over 40.000 years...

Have some respect!!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Watch it

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Our country has become a sad hyprocracy!!

Violence and hate has become motivation instead of peace and accecptance. WE are one Human race, sadly we have evolved into a virus on this planet.

One could look at Earth as an oganisiam. It has interbal activity, wehther it be techtonic, volcanic or magnetic. We have outside influences, such as the solar system,. the galaxy and random issues such as asteroids, comets. metoroids or the unknown.....

We as an 'animal race' on this small planet have no real reasoning or no real experiance in subject that preceeds us us by millions of years... We live by wars amongst ourselves that are pointless. Never forget we are one! No matter what your age, race, gender or nationality. We are all Human, we are equal and we need to be careful who we trust and who leads us....

Please i beg you, do not ever forget you are equal to any other leader or policy maker before you.

You can make a difference and you can be sucessful!! Never forget that!

Make yoyr make on humanity, spread good-will, peace and happiness and the world may still survive///

One question i need to ask in regards to enviroment?

Why do we rely on Oil, Petrolium and fossil fuel when we know 100% that there are alternatives out there??

Because a select few of greedy people wish to retain a monoply on energy, Why spend 1/3 the amount of fuel when they could be rich and you waste $$ per gallon / Litre every single week....

Who is in charge of your legal, economic and political future? You or them?

You are equal to them! You can acheive the same things but only better

Never!! Ever Forget that!!!

One World - One Race: We are all equal!!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

And now you've chosen to make this more of a racial issue?

So how do you define Race?

By skin color, background or ethinicty>? Arent we all the same? We are all Human Beings right?

So then what is your problem?

How then do you define people, by race, color, age, gender, political or most prominently class???

What is most important to you? Would you walk past a homeless person in the street or CBD and not pay any attention to them, their situation or plight? How would you react or feel in a similar circumstance?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
If there is one all natural and all supreme statement i took from the native Australians and Aborigines is this;

We dont own Mother Earth - - - It Owns Us and we are only visitors and lucky to have such a place to call home!

If history is anything to go by, we will be slammed hard by this planet and taught a well earnt lesson.. something civilisation has seemed to neglect time and time again....

26,000 yrs is they key but this extends to much longer timelines and changes..... today we think of capitalism as supreme but tomorrow it will die along with all other human ambition... sad but true.

* Lies
* Deciet
* Control
* Power
* Money
* Currency

It all seems to rule this world, never human friendship, peace or evolution.....

Never forget that!

Have you ever compared a human viral condition to the human race on planet Earth?

You may be surprised..... at the similarities

Open your eyes

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I would love to hear some native & tribal American views on this topic....

The native populations seem to be the most - ' in touch, enlightened and at peace with Earth'

Every other race is pre -occupied with control and domination.....

Although i am a white Australian, my great grand-parents were migrants, fore-fathers that fought in WW1/2 i still hate what the world has become...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

You call me stupid???

Are you an ignorant clown?? What if thaaat was you in the cell and being intoxicated felt some need to revolt or stand up for your innosence as you had done nothing wrong but drink a little to much??

Yet you were attcked by 10+ police in riot gear and hit with a taser!

Get over yourself and look at the real picture and scenario... deny ignorace yup sure!!!

Yet some thread about a fake UFO will get more coverage than this on ATS!!

Absolute Disgrace!!!!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join