It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Costa Rican Police Officer kills Himself, Hostages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
A guard in the Chilean killed himself and three of the 10 hostages over an impending job transfer. Police officials say they controlled the situation when they arrived at the scene, and think the hostages were killed when they were taken hostage. Other hostages survived by hifing in the building, they locked themselves in, in another room.

AP NEWS LINK
SAN JOSE, Costa Rica (AP) -- A job dispute turned into a deadly standoff when a Costa Rican policeman apparently distraught over an impending job transfer killed himself and three of the 10 hostages he had taken at the Chilean embassy.

A seven-hour standoff ended Tuesday after police - along with the wife and son of the rogue embassy guard - tried and failed to make contact with him.

Security Minister Rogelio Ramos said police entered the building and found the embassy guard, identified as Orlando Jimenez, 54, bleeding to death, and three hostages dead of gunshot wounds.

Each of the hostages had been shot at least twice.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It's strange that this man just all of a sudden starts taking hostages. So far he has made no demands. I will try to keep you updated on this story as it breaks.

[edit on 28-7-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I know you guys don't seem to concerned with this story but I figured I would update it anyway.

The Costa Rican guard who was holding 9 people hostage (it was 11 but I guess they were wrong) killed himself and three of his hostages. Apparently he was upset about a job transfer

The guard was identified as Orlando Jimenez

abcnews.go.com...

SAN JOSE, Costa Rica July 28, 2004 � A Costa Rican policeman apparently distraught over an impending job transfer killed himself and three of the nine hostages he took at the Chilean embassy Tuesday, ending a tense seven-hour standoff.

Security Minister Rogelio Ramos announced that police had entered the embassy, only to find the embassy guard, identified as Orlando Jimenez, 54, and three hostages dead of gunshot wounds.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I guess this could be considered his resignation.

A sad and unfortunate example of the principle that not everyone given a position of trust is worthy of trust.

Condolences to the families of the guard and his victims.

join