It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Cameron reply to April 22nd 2011 "Judgement Day"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

"Kyle Reese said in the first film that it was only 'one possible future.' Clearly, not the one we're in. Maybe Kyle, Sarah, John and the T-800 changed things enough to steer us away from that possible future. The machines taking over. With everybody going through their lives bent over their Blackberries all day long, you could even argue the machines have already won."

www.tmz.com...

Not to mention bending over computers in almost any/all office jobs throughout the world.

Who's the slave? Man or Machine?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

Who's the slave? Man or Machine?

I'd have to argue that at this point of time machines are only extensions of ourselves. While some of us may loose control of our hands, mouth, cell phones or computers its a symptom of the mind and not the fault of the outlet. When quantum computers begin to become self-aware then we might have something to fear besides ourselves.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Sadly, technology has succeeded in dumbing down society..

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Who are you to assume that this technology or anything resembling terminators isnt already existent.. Its scary because we really just dont know, We live in a world of deceit and smoke screens, if anyone thinks we've already seen everything out there, and just now were 'inventing' or 'finding out' new things everyday, Well..........

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by EL1A5

Really?... Why?... How?...

It gives us "instant media gratification", so we can see more and more of the "unimportant" things in life such as who won American Idol and who's dating who in Hollywood.

However, it also gives us faster insight to the important issues as to what's going on with our economy, tips on how to budget, centralized area for us "conspiracy theorists" to exchange information.

I, for one, feel more "intelligent" due to the instant access of almost anything I am pondering.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanishr

Easy there just an opinion formed by my own observations. I am no one so dont let my ideas bother you a bit

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

It gives us "instant media gratification", so we can see more and more of the "unimportant" things in life such as who won American Idol and who's dating who in Hollywood.

My point exactly, sure your latter statement is also true, but if you were to take a survey, which one would the people be more into knowing?

You are just one out of BILLIONS
edit on 20-4-2011 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I wonder if it hasn't already started. Sure, we don’t have walking, hunting robot machines trying to kill us, but their evolution will begin slowly. I have had in the last three years, about 7-8 friends, friends of friends, or family friends that have had some type of brain tumor. These aren’t old people either, with the age range anywhere from 30-60. It got me thinking about cell phone use, and when I asked about these people, all used cell phones regularly, and the weird thing was in most of the cases the tumor was on the side that they used the cell phone the most. I have done a little research, and found some interesting bits of info regarding cell phone use and a possible link to brain cancer. There are some European countries in which children (under 18) cannot own a cell phone. Of course in the US, just about all kids have one, with some that I have seen being as young as 8 or 10 years old.

So, my Terminator theory is that it has begun. The machines are starting the kill of the human race, just on a lower level than walking, shooting death robots. Sure, eventually their development will get to that point, but Skynet (Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, etc) is out there and it has begun it’s eradication of the humans.

edit on 4/20/2011 by ChachiArcola because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Terminator movies... aren't they the films whose plot is based on saving that kid, who grows up to save humanity and fights the machines, in a post apocalyptic world? Wasnt that kid/saviour of the human race named...

John Titor ...errrrr I mean Conner

(just a joke, I know the films)

Come with me if you want to live!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
...I think the rapture/judgement day just describes an alien extermination of humanity...and their machines are underground. In every religious book, some weird sh!t comes from underground on said day...( not religious. ) That's probably what movies like this are about and why there's talk of the " machines" and war with them in these movies...The Matrix, Terminator, blabla...
edit on 20-4-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by EL1A5

However, it also gives us faster insight to the important issues as to what's going on with our economy, tips on how to budget, centralized area for us "conspiracy theorists" to exchange information.

I, for one, feel more "intelligent" due to the instant access of almost anything I am pondering.

There are some drawbacks. My neighbor drives a city bus. The schedules are counter clockwise. She came home so frustrated one day because she kept having to explain what counter clockwise was to college kids. Every timepiece is digital. No one really looks at analog clocks anymore to learn the difference. Also, my son has a friend who, I swear to you, never saw an ice tray until he was in my house. He didn't even know how to operate it. I guess the same will be true of rotary phones and the like in a decade or so. So if I say it's dumbing us down, I mean we are losing skills that our parents needed. If we ever have to go back before digital, our kids and their kids are probably screwed.

top topics

join