It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If these secret memo's are true, when will arrests be made from oil invasion in Iraq??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Okay, now who is in charge of this?? When will arrests be made?? I want to talk about a few topics in this thread.

Apparently there are secret memo's about the invasion of Iraq to be about oil and not WMD. Link:

www.independent.co.uk...

Now the questions I have is, who is the ultimate power that will step in and take charge of this? There needs to be arrests made for all of the following in which happened in Iraq.

1. Stealing oil from Iraq for monetary gain, while lying to citizens saying we were going in to find WMD (weapons of mass destruction)

2. Killing Saddam for apparently NO REASON!! Murder....If these are all true.

3. Killing innocent civilians while justifying a fake war.

4. Killing innocent soldiers of the armies for a fake war about money...

5. Who was ultimately in charge of this....hint in my eyes.....Dick Cheney / George Bush ???

Now my eyes are wide open about this and apparently us on ATS aren't all that crazy after all!!! I have threads about this war for oil in the past. Let's just think about this for a second.

Dick Cheney who owned a majority part in Halliburton which is the main company who got the bid on the oil in Iraq. If this was all orchestrated for oil and money wouldn't this put the Bush administration right up on top of the list??

Now on top of this, WHAT ABOUT 9/11 if this is true?? That might just possibly mean that Al-Queda wasn't in charge of 9/11 right?? That was another reason we supposedly invaded Iraq. This information might just change the history books for all time.

What are your thoughts on this?? Here are more links to the information on the secret memo's.

www.reuters.com...
www.timesonline.co.uk...
pubrecord.org...

And here is a post talking just about the secret memo. Great find Jakes51.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Having read your post, I have one other question which I think would be intreguing to discuss.

What happens to the charges of "war crimes" which have been levied at those who were in charge of the invasion of Iraq?

Since it now appears "they" instigated this action without their stated provications, will they still be able to claim any of the immunity which they say their political offices provided them?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

If these secret memo's are true, when will arrests be made from oil invasion in Iraq??

My one line answer...absolutely not

The arrest of individuals accused of crimes is only for the sheeple, not the bigshots.
They get away with murder.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

In my opinion, there should be no immunity for anything at this scale!! If you are a chosen world leader and the entire cabinet follows you into a deceitful and horrible crime, then everyone should be punished at the highest level for their actions. Look what they did to Saddam, not saying he is a saint or anything, but if he really never had the supposed "yellow cake uranium" which Cheney found from his "source" anyways, why should the punishment be any different for someone who ACTUALLY committed a crime??

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by gatewaywithin

That I have to agree with 100% but I want to spread the word to hopefully reach a conclusion. Maybe the "people" in charge of this investigation (hopefully not the same ones in charge of the 9/11 investigation) will actually see what citizens have to say about this and do something about it.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Donald Trump has already talked about a Libyan war being for the oil and guess what, he is still the most popular republican for the next election. Most people already know it was not about WMD's, especially at the UN as they has been an intensive weapon inspection program going on for some time. Do you remember the 'Don't mention the oil' lines given at the time of invasion? This means that is was about the oil. As for 9/11, there is a lot of house keeping that needs to be done to clean that one up.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
i think someone is only arrested for war crimes when that persons war has been lost, then it is the victors who would round up the ppl responsible and charge them. since america is still actively fighting the "war on terror" i cant see any arrests happening. If america happen to lose the war which we all know wont happen, (it will eventually be won or just go on till eternity) then im sure he will be arrested. maybe if/when the next super power blossoms (say china) they would interveen and stop the whole war and then arrest those responsible. just my thoughts anyway.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Just ran across this article in OP-Ed News by David Swanson.

In the wake of the latest revelations of what everyone always knew, the largest press conference in the history of the United States has been planned for tomorrow in the Nationals Park baseball stadium in Washington, D.C. The powerful people lining up to apologize for having claimed the ongoing War on Iraq has had nothing to do with oil were deemed too numerous to gather in any indoor facility.

Former Congressman David Obey, who screamed at Congressman Dennis Kucinich in a Democratic caucus meeting for suggesting that oil might be one factor in the war, is currenly on a plane back to Washington to MC the mass apology. The line-up includes each major television, radio, and print news outlet in the United States. Select commentators, columnists, cartoonists, and talking heads of all varieties will represent each organization apologizing.

Former Senator Tom Daschle is quoted in the event announcement as saying, "We believe the time has come to set this straight. We collectively denied the obvious. In apologizing for having instinctively covered for one of the most destructive industries on earth, no individual or organization is necessarily continuing to pretend to have believed any particular purported reason for the war. What we are saying is that we ought to have asked for a credible reason before taking an action that has killed well over a million people, destroyed a country, ruined the good name of our nation, hollowed out our economy, and enriched the people we said had nothing whatsoever to do with it. We're sorry."

This reminds me of an old saying my grand pa used to say, he called it "hit dog".

You see if you throw a rock in among a pack of dogs, the one that yelps is the one you hit. None of the others even know you threw a rock.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Since the travesty is international in scale, it would require an international court to adjudicate.

Considering the protections and 'jurisdiction' issues, I suspect no one will claim responsibility for pursuing these "allegations."

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Since the travesty is international in scale, it would require an international court to adjudicate.

Considering the protections and 'jurisdiction' issues, I suspect no one will claim responsibility for pursuing these "allegations."

I seem to remember something called the Geneva Convention which calls upon all the signatures of the final agreement to "enforce" upon one another the rule of law among the various nations.

Didn't Spain recently try, half heartedly, to call out Dick Cheney on charges of war crimes?

I know none of this went anywhere.

There is even a provosion for a nation to be called into violation if "it" does not enforce these laws on it's own citizens.

I think it is too bad no one in our government has the B@LLS to enforce the law !

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

You have some very very good points. If you brought up the Geneva convention to Bush his response would be "why am I being put under arrest for laws that pertain to Helium on the moon?" You would have to spell out the reasons for Bush, Cheney knows he is evil and I wish this would happen to him. I could look at everyone who said I am crazy for the last almost 10 years about these guys and say I TOLD YOU SO!!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton
Just ran across this article in OP-Ed News by David Swanson.

In the wake of the latest revelations of what everyone always knew, the largest press conference in the history of the United States has been planned for tomorrow in the Nationals Park baseball stadium in Washington, D.C. The powerful people lining up to apologize for having claimed the ongoing War on Iraq has had nothing to do with oil were deemed too numerous to gather in any indoor facility.

Former Congressman David Obey, who screamed at Congressman Dennis Kucinich in a Democratic caucus meeting for suggesting that oil might be one factor in the war, is currenly on a plane back to Washington to MC the mass apology. The line-up includes each major television, radio, and print news outlet in the United States. Select commentators, columnists, cartoonists, and talking heads of all varieties will represent each organization apologizing.

Former Senator Tom Daschle is quoted in the event announcement as saying, "We believe the time has come to set this straight. We collectively denied the obvious. In apologizing for having instinctively covered for one of the most destructive industries on earth, no individual or organization is necessarily continuing to pretend to have believed any particular purported reason for the war. What we are saying is that we ought to have asked for a credible reason before taking an action that has killed well over a million people, destroyed a country, ruined the good name of our nation, hollowed out our economy, and enriched the people we said had nothing whatsoever to do with it. We're sorry."

This reminds me of an old saying my grand pa used to say, he called it "hit dog".

You see if you throw a rock in among a pack of dogs, the one that yelps is the one you hit. None of the others even know you threw a rock.

thought I'd add the link for you, great find!

www.opednews.com...

Hey FOX, CNN, MSNBC, BBC, PLEASE Report on this to the people!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Ok, just went to this david swanson.org or.com and in the comments section he posted that this article about the press conferences was a joke.

Call off the news, should have known it was fake.
edit-known! Brain not functioning, bad spelling error.
edit on 20-4-2011 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Should have known there was a cover-up in the making!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The articles on the secret memo's I read were all pertaining to European countries. Nothing about Dick Cheney.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
O K. I will admit, in my delight of the moment I may have been duped by the sarcasm of this writer - David Swanson.

This, however, does not diminish my hope of those who "conspired" to invade Iraq to be brought to justice for the lose of life and the expenditure of our nations treasure in the pursuit of oil.

I feel a case can easily be made which will tie these documents to those between Bush and the Blair government before the invasion.

I would like to add the following link to this discussion:

www.youtube.com...

It has very likely been posted on this site before, but I don't think it can be watched enough.

That is until WE get off our dead butts and DO something about the way things have been done in our name !!

top topics

join