It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This What Obama means by job growth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I didn't see anything on this topic, but is this the future of America? I remember McDonald's use to be a place where my girlfriend worked when she was in high school. Now under the Hope that Obama brought to town, flipping burgers is a career. a slew of Mcjobs isn't what I would call moving America in the right direction. I really don't know many people working for McDonalds in there adult life, who don't live in poverty... How stupid does the Media think we are? These are not good jobs, and they never have been. If this is what Obama thinks is recovery, then he is far more Naive then I thought?

They want jobs. They need to work. From Laguna Boulevard in Elk Grove to Sunrise Boulevard in Citrus Heights, job seekers lined up before dawn Tuesday and crowded McDonald's restaurants across the region late into the afternoon on the restaurant chain's national hiring day.

The fast-food chain hoped to hire 50,000 employees for its more than 14,000 U.S. locations, including about 600 employees at its 165 sites in the Sacramento-Stockton-Modesto area Tuesday.

Read more: www.sacbee.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Target Earth

Ha ha I heard that this morning on NPR,what a joke,one woman stated she worked there out of high school 30yrs ago and is back working there again.I thought to myself is that what you get after working for 30 years,you get to flip burgers instead of retiring??I don't know about you but I think that is messed up!They ended up saying you too can have a lucrative career working at,a Mc-job at McDonalds!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
"Is This What Obama means by job growth?"......I don't know. Has he said anything to that effect?

If he has, please alert me to that fact, and I will email him to set him straight. Mickey D's acknowledges that the mass hiring is just a new idea in usual summer hiring practice. Not new jobs, just a different way to hire for the seasonal increase.

And being the cynical me, I wonder if McD corporation will receive any govt tax breaks for hiring unemployed, etc.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I find it interesting, however, that the companies that are receiving exemptions from Obama care are now on a rash highering spree. Is there a relation? Will McDaddy's become unionized? It's all very interesting how things work out!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
In Obama care
job growth is defined as
bigger tumors
on patients
who weren't customers then...
but willmost certainly customers someday.

micky d got an exemption...
I bet all the companies that produce such interesting make work type products for the health industry
got such breaks too?
( see "supersize me")
that guy was a total pay pig after less then THIRTY DAYS
its job creation by tax break.

sickness and crime are job creation

edit on 20-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-4-2011 by Danbones because: usall correcxtions haha

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Short answer: No.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

It's easy to blame whoever is president whenever anything goes wrong in this country.

You have to remember that Obama did not cause the worldwide economic disaster, this was done by greed, speculation, and lack of regulation on Wall Street. He did not cause the outsourcing of jobs to third world countries, either. Corporations have been doing it for many years now.

Obama's job is to try to fix all the things that have been broken by earlier administrations and by corporate overreach.

His stimulus plan is working, but it takes time for the full effect of it to be felt on the economy. Job growth is very slow, which is frustrating to most of us, but it is growing rather than shrinking, as it did throughout the Bush years.

You can't expect anyone short of Jesus to be able to make all of our very serious problems magically go away overnight.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Obama is a obstruction to job growth... You can't keep blaming George Bush.... This is Obama's mess, he owns it. Anybody with the most simplistic grasp of economics knows that this administration is doing everything back words, to promote job growth... It is as simple as that. They are destroying this economy If not on purpose, then by their foolishness..

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I like this quote, it sums it up and it is from the Czech Republic

“The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency…Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president.”

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
This is the problem with why a lot of people are still unemployed.

They sit at home collecting unemployment and basically being a burden on society. They open up the want ads and see a job for mcdonalds and think to themselves that it is beneath them to work there so they don't apply and continue drawing unemployment.

When you are unemployed your mindset should be to find a job doing whatever you can until you can find something better. Who cares if you are 40 and flipping burgers? Hell, atleast you are working and trying to contribute.

I for one, do not turn my nose up to anyone who works. I don't care if they are getting minimum wage or 100,000 dollars a year.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

My $42,000 a year (with over time $50k) was outsourced to India.

Yes by 2020 most of us here in America will be earning minimum wage, serving the elite few and living fairly close to Orwell's novel of 1984.

Welcome to the New World Order.

Aaron Russo goes in depth on the insider-knowledge given to him by a member of the Rockefeller family. Russo was told-- prior to 9/11-- of plans to stage terror attacks, invade foreign nations, and kickstart a high-tech police state control grid that would track the populations' every move with implantable RFID microchips.
This information-packed presentation is filled with never-before seen footage. Throughout the film, Alex Jones breaks down the latest activities of the New World Order and how it ties into what Russo predicted.
Aaron explains how the elite created the women's liberation movement to break up the family and tax working women. Russo breaks down the deception of democracy-- which is nothing more than mob rule guaranteed to produce tyranny.

Russo also exposes the IRS & Federal Reserve. He blasts the unconstitutional and predatory institutions that have crippled the American Republic and crushed the people with bogus taxes, inflation and loss of privacy. Russo explains that he himself was persecuted in the late 80s by a criminal 'retroactive' tax scheme that attempted to levy new taxes on years already passed.
As night falls on the Republic, Aaron Russo delivers a powerful call for the forces of liberty to rise and crush tyranny. Only then can the Republic be restored.

edit on 22-4-2011 by ofhumandescent because: Added Russo video...................I believe this was his last interview.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I can see it now..when you go into a mcdonalds, that plastic ronald mcdonald, with an evil tooth showing smile, waving his hand, swaistka armbands, grinnis with vampire teeth, large cat slit eyes and snake tongue, and hamburgler, with a black executioners mask instead of his bandit mask...
buy now, yuor mcodnalds meal, per code of the nEW world order, or face being ridiculed in public and taken out back for extermination..lol
would mmake one wonder, what the meat really is* wouldnt it lol

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Kinda funny...they said i was too overqualified to work at Mickey D's

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Yes I can see it now... I see my son graduating college, then after getting his degree... getting that great Job at McD's. Then living in the basement until my wife and I die......

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I disagree with your economic theories. "Trickle Down" or "Supply side" economics is a complete failure. We have had thirty years of a shrinking middle class, with only 2% increase in real wages the whole time, while the top 2% has seen their incomes increase by over 100%. We have had thirty years of a growing poverty rate. "Supply side" economics doesn't work period, except for 2% of the population.

"Bottom up" economics brought us out of the Great Depression of the 1930's. It fueled the economic prosperity of the whole country in the 1950's and 1960's. It created a booming and ever-increasing middle class, shrinking poverty rate, and a more-than-comfortable upper class during this period. We have used it before and can use it again with great success.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias

"Bottom up" economics brought us out of the Great Depression of the 1930's. It fueled the economic prosperity of the whole country in the 1950's and 1960's. It created a booming and ever-increasing middle class, shrinking poverty rate, and a more-than-comfortable upper class during this period. We have used it before and can use it again with great success.

No that was World War 2. Not only did the WW2 get us out of the depression but it also wrecked most of the other planet leaving American industry the only place to go.

"Trickle down" and "bottom up" are worthless so long as there is no equal protection under the law. In fact what we have now is the worst of both ends. Wealthy elites (like GE) are paying near zero taxes while smaller corporations and businesses are racked with heavy taxes and are made uncompetitive with the global economy.

top topics

join