It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New DNC head is furious you can sell your own property without government permission

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Washington newspaper "The Hill" is reporting that new Democratic National Committee head Debbie Wasserman Schultz is pushing for the screening of all gun sales - that's private ones too.

The proposed legislation could require all private, un-licensed gun sellers to go through a licensed dealer or law enforcement agency for background checks before completing a sale.
Source

Too much is funny/sad here. First it was Clinton who made it ridiculously hard to get an FFL thereby making it impossible for private sellers to go through a NICS system. Before he stripped FFL's from eveybody background checks would have been imposed on almost all sales even private by the fact that so many people held FFL's.

Now to transfer a gun from my safe to my son she, her party, wants me to seek out one of the select chosen FFL's still permitted to have an FFL and pay them some absurd sum to do something I could have done myself if it werent for Clinton.

Not to mention the sound whipping her people got after their AWB experiment. And the growing trend of easing restrictions nation-wide.

It'll be okay I guess. As long as they dont come after my shoulder thing that goes up.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Wait, you mean this thing?!!!!

So, in all reality, aren't gun laws unconstitutional and void? How about people just ignore Washington from now on?
edit on 20-4-2011 by SmokeandShadow because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/20/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

McCarthy and Schultz are both shining examples of the mental illness problem the federal government has long been infected with.

They just cant stand that people own something they have an irrational fear of.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
She and all of ilk can go to hell.

And to think, when people were talking about how Obama and the Fed would work to strip citizens of their gun rights, they were beaten back and called racist and fear mongers.
Yeah, did anyone see how the BATF is being steered now to go after shotguns?
Now private firearm sales.
A slow erosion of rights is taking place.
Whether it be to control the masses and/or add yet another avenue of taxing the public, it is wrong.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I advise purchasing simple metal working tools and a reloading station..... you know what im sayin

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
If you want guns, come to Utah. Guns galore, no permit required, no sales record required.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Heroin can't even be prescribed by a doctor in these United States of ours, but I could send an 8 year old kid down the street to buy some for me, and he would bring me some.

Just like Prohibition nearly 100 years ago, their legislation increased alcohol consumption.

If the feds think they can get rid of guns, they all need to have their noggins examined...... maybe post-mortem.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbyforce
If you want guns, come to Utah. Guns galore, no permit required, no sales record required.

Weird... Sounds like the 'freedom' my grandfather told me they had years ago.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Well. if that isn't about the most hysterical thread title I've seen in a while!

I'm guessing that the simple quote:

The proposed legislation could require all private, un-licensed gun sellers to go through a licensed dealer or law enforcement agency for background checks before completing a sale.

...just wouldn't get you the traction you're looking for.
You know, rights are rights, but hyperbole is a sign of a weak argument.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Where's the hyperbole? That's the quote I used.

Either you have a problem with the proposal or you dont. If you dont then good for you.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Although I understand the rights issue, isn't this proposal going to make it harder for criminals to buy guns from unsuspecting law abiding people? IE: I sell my gun to a murderer without knowing and he commits another crime... wow will I feel #ty... + I have to explain that I didn't murder anyone and that I sold the gun to the suspect even though the gun was under my name....

seems logical to me

Magnum

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

So why not simply require me to call into NICS with the buyers ID?

Why require me to travel, sometimes 50 miles or more, to find an "FFL" who will charge me $50+ to perform a service that doesnt cost him anything? As a taxpayer and payer of numerous sportsman related fees and taxes I'm already funding NICS. Why cant I use it?

The way she wants it is like forcing everybody to buy insurance from some corporation.

Maybe the gun sellers association wrote this particular proposal? We know how the gov loves to mandate we buy things we do not want from companies and organizations who fund their tyranny.
edit on 20-4-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

No.
Criminals are criminals for a reason. The fact that there would be a new law on the books would not stop criminals from criminal actions.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I'm sure Debbie Wasserman Schultz has only the best interests of all gun owners in mind.

They lost the argument on the AWB, so they go after gun shows and private sales, losing that argument when they had a majority, they go after hi-cap mags, they lost that argument. Now they're trying to overburden the NICS system with private sellers.

These people will do anything to infringe on our rights. Whether they lose the argument or not.
edit on 20-4-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

It's a long dead horse they cant stop beating.

Even the folks at DU get it with a couple of exceptionally vulgar steadfasts.

DU thread on Schultz's pointless crusade

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I agree with her. I think people should have background checks before buying a gun. Doesn't mean you can't buy and own guns. Anyone who is afraid to step and show who they are before buying a gun probably shouldn't own one.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

Okay, so why cant I call NICS?

If keeping guns out of the hands of criminals is the goal then she should just be requesting that private sellers call NICS.

But she's not. So what's her real goal?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
I agree with her. I think people should have background checks before buying a gun. Doesn't mean you can't buy and own guns. Anyone who is afraid to step and show who they are before buying a gun probably shouldn't own one.

This is the most retarded, uninformed post I have read on ATS this week.

Congratulations.

Do you really think people will criminal intentions are going to submit to a background check? Of course not.Don't be stupid.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Yeah, you know this is a dumb idea when it is causing infighting over at DU.

So many hardcore liberals have no idea how many among them support the second amendment.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

It is just more Govt control and path for more taxes.
It really is not the right of the Fed Govt to know who does and does not have firearms. It has evolved via regulations into this.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join