It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*OMG*,TSHTF and HAARP is a WeapoN!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Ok,I guess I'll cut right to it and let you know that this thread has nothing to do with TSHTF or HAARP being a weapon...I recently made tis thread...What Makes some Threads Better than Others?...I asked that question and got some responses that helped. But I want to see first hand if some of what was mentioned actually makes a difference. I guess you could call it a study. Hopefully I dont piss anyone off. I wrote the title the way I did to see if more people visit threads because of the extravagence of the title,the content of the title,both or niether...To see if people can be drawn in by the title even if they might know that the content provided in the title could end up being completely ridiculas like this one...To see if overly used exclamation points can get people excited or turn them away...Like I said, I mean no harm. Im only trying to learn a few different things...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Why be mis-leading.?
I know you say It's a study I say It's a waste of space!.
EPIC FAIL!!!
edit on 20/4/2011 by YoungMind92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Hi gdaub23, ill be honest i visited the thread not because of the OMG and exclamation marks (that would normally be a warning to me ) but because you used haarp

I wanted to see if this was just another harp about HAARP (see what i did there) or if it was actually something new.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by YoungMind92

its meant to be that way...i mean thats the point im trying to make to myself...that some people see a title like that and fall for it...its been done so many times that soon enough it will be the whole crying wolf...people are gonna fall into them so much theyll get to the point that they dont know what to believe...
edit on 20-4-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sprocket2cog

I understand where youre coming from...but I dont know if many will see where I am trying to come from though and what I am trying to do...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Yes I know why you are doing it, But could you not just have went through older threads rather then waste space.?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

waste space? like this is any worse than seeing the same dumb dead alien a million times or posters saying they have absolute truth and you open it up an its all hearsay...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by gdaub23

waste space? like this is any worse than seeing the same dumb dead alien a million times or posters saying they have absolute truth and you open it up an its all hearsay...

So exactly what you have just done.

I saw you're title and I was preparing myself probably for a good thread about haarp but got swindled.

How many times has this popped up - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Dead alien in Russia, So yes! I know what you mean by multi threads about the same thing.
edit on 20/4/2011 by YoungMind92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Just 1 min ago another thread about the same dead fake alien popped up above mine and you still consider this a waste of space? And do you believe everything you read about HAARP? Im just curious is all

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Look at the edit I made.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

So what your saying is you expected one thing and got another?
welcome to the real world

sounds a lot like any advertising or political statement to me.
or as the OP puts it a lot like many of the so called threads that pop up and claim to be true or have any real substance, as least the OP put it in general chat and told us what he was doing, rather then insult us with some hlafbaked idea he stole from some other forum.
chill out, im sure there will be another HAARP thread before the week is out, as sure as i am that there will be another Russian alien in the snow thread this week as well .
can i say" chill like a Russian snow alien "with out getting flamed ?

edit on 20-4-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

i seen it and even gave you a pretty little star for it too...but anyways at least im mixing it up a little...even though its only been a couple posters...my point that i wanted to make to myself hopefully will become a little clearer the longer the threads up...or it might not and it will end up that you 2 will be the only other posters. if that happens it will answer another question...so either way my questions are being answered and im sorry if it had to be at your expense...this what you need to look forward to if youre gonna believe every sensational trhread title,disappintment

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

I do understand what you was trying to achieve. I'm sorry I jumped the gun a little.
But still, This means I came to you're thread because of you're title so I guess you can add that to you're study.

Sorry again.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

People don't fall for it! They simply click on an article/title because they want to read about it ... Wrongly giving a title name doesn't help or prove anything...

It's a fact, if people are interested in a title then they'll click on it!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Oh wow another one of these experiment threads, old idea bud better luck next time

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
For putting up a wrong titled thread, be it an experiment or boredom ... The people who have posted replies on here deserve a KFC meal!

Let me add ... PRONTO!!!
edit on 20/4/11 by faryjay because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

grumbling. I've noticed a trend lately with misleading titles as such like this, done specifically to draw people in to find an unrelated thread. I don't think it's funny, and I do think in some way this has to be against the T&C. I don't dig star and flag hunting which is what i consider threads like this to be.

You probably have some valid point I'd agree with but you lost me with this thread title garbage.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I visited this thread because of the title. I was extremely skeptical before opening it up (I usually am), but I am always interested in finding out what other people are excited about. So the thread title worked like a charm on me. I wanted to know what this thing was all about.

Cheers,
Cody

P.S. S&F for a cool social / psychological experiment.
edit on 20-4-2011 by DarkATi because: S&F

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

A thread title attracts posters, but content and discussion keep a thread going.

That said, the more controversial the subject matter, the more discussion it can have, especially if multiple viewpoints (not just two sides).

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by faryjay

it was mostly boredom..i was up all night and couldnt sleep...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join