It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Helicopter's Over Miami

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
So, I'm not sure if anyone posted a thread about this. If there is an existing thread, I apologize!

Last night there was some VERY strange activity going on over Miami last night.

I was doing my usual stargazing around 9:30pm and right at the moment where I decided to head back into my house, I hear this loud rumbling noise. I turned to look north and saw a large group of helicopters with bright blue and red lights heading my direction. On top of the them were these HUGE military helicopters (they looked like Black Hawks) that weren't lit up. Completely DARK. I quickly ran into the house to call my family and they all ran out to see them.

After they headed south, a bunch of commercial flights started flying over our house. After star gazing for a while now, I've been able to tell the flight patterns and 747's do not fly over my block like the way they did last night.

Half an hour later, 3 more of these huge helicopters showed up but they stayed idle in one spot for about 5 minutes. They then rose up and went behind these clouds where they shut off their bright lights and blended in with the night sky.

I stayed outside for a few minutes more, just to see if more would show up but they didn't. They funny thing is that right when I go back inside my house, I hear loud rumbling, go back outside and see 6 more helicopters flying south in a straight line. It seems they were headed to downtown Miami.

The Miami Herald wrote an article about this.

www.miamiherald.com...

I'm wondering if anyone saw these helicopters last night?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Interesting post.

From the article:

"Three choppers just dropped a group of men on top of the Bank of America building in Brickell," tweeted a man identified as Ianik Drouin, about 9:45 p.m.

"About 9:15 p.m. Tuesday, at least three large choppers landed in a parking lot of the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts on Biscayne Boulevard and 14th Street."

"DoD will be conducting drills through April 25th"

"As of 7:20 a.m., public information officers had not issued an official statement about the helicopters."

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slaytanic
From the article:

"Three choppers just dropped a group of men on top of the Bank of America building in Brickell," tweeted a man identified as Ianik Drouin, about 9:45 p.m.

I have no idea, but that sure does sound like a movie, or a new season of 24.

There isn't a description with this video on the Youtube page, but it's the same one thats in the article you linked.

Originally posted in Youtube comments(cpchester 6 hours ago)
According to the police, It is part of a Dept. of Defense drill that gave no advance notice to the Brickell community. Unacceptable!
I am not saying this^^^ is a fact, but someone added it into the comments.

P.S.- I can't stop thinking about breakfast now- 'Eggs over My Hammy'
edit on 4/20/11 by BrokenCircles because: smaller

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

GOOD VIDEO! I wish I could have recorded them when they were over my house but it was so sudden!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Am I the only one to watch that vid and think that some monster or something was going to come rushing up out of the street?

Damn Cloverleaf movie rofl

As to the subject. This is a bizarre incident, for sure. This isnt the first place to have it happen. Makes me VERY concerned as to what's really happening.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

The videos you provided certainly show the helicopters with lights on. I can understand that it could be a training excercise.

However.... the OP stated that they were accompanied by helicopters without any nav lights showing. How THAT could be part of a drill is slightly beyond me as I can think of no situation which would call for them to do that except for an incursion into enemy territory.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MiTS1965

As previously stated, I have no idea. The video that I posted, is the same video that is in the article, that the OP links to. I just embedded it here for convenience.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Same here in Birmingham UK.

I have seen lots of helo's over the past few weeks and every day sorties of Apache gunships including the Bowman version, chinooks etc.

Verrry unusual for this part of the world!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Last night I saw pretty much the same event. I was driving along Biscayne blv between 9 and 10pm, as I was about to cross over 114th street I had noticed something in the sky approaching my direction. There were a few things that struck my attention pretty fast about what I was viewing, first thing that I had noticed was the fact that what ever this was approaching was pretty darn low in the sky and was moving slowly almost like it was cruising along directly above the palm trees. Second thing that caught my attention was was how long it appears to be from the straight on view that I had of it . I also noticed that it was completely looked solid black didn't noticed any windows and there was one red light that wasn't bright at all. As it crossed over my vehicle is when I had then realize it appear to be four separate flying vehicles line up one behind the other each having one red light not shaped like any helicopter I've ever seen before, and shaped sort like a cone, it seemed like it could only hold one possible two people at most. It also didn't make any sounds like a engine or blades of a chopper roaring, it didn't even have chopper blades. Complete silence as it crossed over the top of my car ; this was very odd to me. By the time I reached two or three block ahead Here comes two black helicopter as I know helicopters to be, Flying with Great speed in the same direction as what ever that was that had just passed over my Car. As I continued up the street totally freaked out, another one of those weird (different) air crafts flew pass the top of my car in the same direction as the rest along Biscayne. By the time I pulled over in a near lot to get out my car to take a second look it was too late. I then proceed to my destination up Biscayne to 143 and after about 20 to 30 minutes later two black Helicopter came flying line up one behind the other down Biscayne in the same direction heading toward Down town..... I am clueless as to what that was I saw and Why there aren't any other mention about this strange event from last night. Did anyone out there see what I saw ? or am I going loco?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Funny how they call this a drill exercise. I'm not too familiar with military protocol but wouldn't they inform us if they were doing drills late at night?

Plus, why would they care about homeland security at this moment? And why would these "drills" last up to the 25th of this month?

I'm going to keep a lookout tonight and see if I can record any footage.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing. In Sacramento, California-Where I live there is an air-force base. There are many new trainees testing out planes and helicopters. Once in a blue moon a military chopper will be tested. There are always jets being tested or flown in my area.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

Haha! I thought the same thing!

Darn Cloverfield!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by FeraVerto

My dad told me that there are some air bases here in Miami but according to his experiences with living here in Miami all his life, he can't recall ever seeing these aircrafts flying over regular neighborhoods like mine or over downtown. They usually run their test flights over the base.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sipsaki

What I saw were helicopters and military helicopters and the military ones were completely DARK. They had no lights on but they were LOUD! So loud that when they flew over my block, my house started rattling. It was CRAZY!

You're not gong loco

There is definitely something weird going on!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MWStargazer

I live very close to the base. So, that is why you always see jets, planes and helicopters. You can go up to the entrance and ask to see the new Air Force recruits train. To bad there are space ships or secret planes. Many of the new pilots do fly low so you can hear them over your house. I'm just used to it since I grew up here.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Ok so now I'm convinced that I didn't see what I thought I saw. Or that I'm truly going Koo Koo for coocoo puffs. Granted what I can't over look is that something strange is going on. Because no one else seen the first set of odd crafts that I saw before the Black Chopper came flying through the air, I will conclude that I might of seen the bottom of a black Helicopter and did not have a accurate description of it, maybe as a result of the angle that I had viewed it from. Ya'll are bearing witness to me talking myself out of believing I saw what I thought I saw, Crazy huh...lol
But if one person for a split second say something that support what I thought I saw, Then I will have to stick to what it was I originally thought I seen. Which was some other flying crafts that seemed nothing like the Black helicopter..... I don't know. My head hurt... lol

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sipsaki

You should keep a lookout tonight. The drills are suppose to last till the 25th. Perhaps you'll see whatever it was you saw again.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MWStargazer

You just never know when Cuba is going to invade South Florida. Of course, it will primarily be Chinese troops in the van. You just never know. I mean, it's so easy to access the beaches of South Florida in the middle of the night. They could land an invading army that'd be ten miles inland before the first panicked 9/11 call.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Guys! They're at it again! Their flying around as I type this! And majority of them are DARK! Only one of them is lit up and visible. The rest are blended in with the night.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
interesting...I wonder what they're really doing? Maybe they are drills...anything else you notice in the sky perhaps?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join