It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry:'I Can Fight More Effective War on Terror'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Kerry claims, at the DNC on Tuesday, that he could keep America safe by extending the September 11th commisions work for 18 months. Kerry states that the United States "simply must act, not as partisans, but as patriots."

story.news.yahoo.com
PHILADELPHIA, July 27 (Reuters) - Democrat John Kerry (news - web sites) said on Tuesday he could fight a more effective war on terror than President Bush (news - web sites) and vowed to help keep America safe by extending the Sept. 11 commission's work for 18 months.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I don't see how adding this 18 month extension will make America safer. I do applaud Kerry for his apparent passion to make the United States the leader that it used to be.

Edit: Mod edit to title only to remove (----)

[edit on 27-7-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The 9/11 commission can learn alot in 18 months. Perhaps learning more about terrorist ties can help prevent such a thing in the furture? Even the commission bringing indictments against members of the Bush administration would serve to increase national security.

As for Kerry. I think he and Edwards have alot to offer to America. But politicians do talk alot; they have to say what the majority of the public wants to hear whether or not it's sincere.

I agree with the extention and applaud Kerry as well.

join